03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 6970717273 ...
tools
    I have a problem/bug with wp8.1 preview on my Lumia 920.
    When I try to unlock the screen and therefore inserting my pincode, I accidentally press the second letter, a four simultaneously with the search button... Than my screen doesn't respond anymore and the phone restarts. Quite annoying...
    Have more people noticed this?
    05-05-2014 02:13 AM
    Things were fine after installing WP8.1 DP, but suddenly since yesterday my keyboard freezes whenever I try typing inside a message / email and the phone reboots automatically. It has happened almost everytime I tried typing and till now the phone would have rebooted by 20 times in 24 hours. I tried power off and on, battery removal and restart and even a phone reset, but nothing seems to solve this issue. Can anybody help me out of this trouble please.
    05-05-2014 04:59 AM
    I don't know if this bug was already reported, but here we go:

One time my phone is performing well basic tasks, such call receiving and texting.
    Suddenly, even I got 3G/4G signal the phone refuses to make calls and send SMS messages.

First, I thought it was because my carrier (I live in a small town), but I got the same behavior in the center city (the most populated zone here in my region).

To solve this problem I need to turn off my phone. Yeah, very annoying. :/
    That happens many times a day.

Any other have the same issue?
    I own a Lumia 820.

Country: Brazil, City: Porto Alegre, Carrier: VIVO/Telefonica
    05-05-2014 08:00 AM
    Is there any way to turn Autocorrect option off? It is driving me crazy ....
    05-05-2014 12:19 PM
    Is there any way to turn Autocorrect option off? It is driving me crazy ....
    settings > system > keyboard >
    Then Select the keyboard: English or other etc. Then uncheck "correct misspelled words"
    Sourav Ghatak likes this.
    05-05-2014 12:28 PM
    settings > system > keyboard >
    Then Select the keyboard: English or other etc. Then uncheck "correct misspelled words"
    Thanks for the help. Sitting in office makes my brain numb. :D
    05-05-2014 12:38 PM
    No problem :-)
    05-05-2014 12:47 PM

It would be highly preferable sir if you use the THANKS BUTTON rather than using up a post for it...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    05-05-2014 02:43 PM
    It would be highly preferable sir if you use the THANKS BUTTON rather than using up a post for it...
    Why?
    05-05-2014 03:10 PM
    Why?

Advantages:
    1-> The person is thanked.(which anyways he was being).
    2-> A Thank Meter shows how many times a person is thanked. Helps gaining some respect. When you hit the Thanks Button its recorded by the meter, Saying Thanks by post doesnt record it. ( Dont know if thanks button is visible ever in WP Central Forums, but in xda Forums it is, so looking at the meter you can judge the experience of the person.)
    3-> Keeps the number of posts in check.
    4-> People subscribing to this post would receive notification when a new post is added, and its so silly that you log in and see that the new post was nothing but just a user thanking another.
    5-> Forum threads should be kept as clean as possible by posting only info that may matter. (a thanks matters but only for the person receiving it)
    6-> It saves the user the time to Type a Thank You message... Just hit the button and you have paid your respects... Simple
    7-> WPCentral people have provided a feature so why not use it. ;-)

05-05-2014 03:49 PM
    Its similar to using the LIKE button on Facebook, instead of commenting "LIKE" on a post...

05-05-2014 03:51 PM
    Oh...ok.

Thanks.
    05-05-2014 04:10 PM
    Oh...ok.

Thanks.

Again a post wasted on Thanks... That too to thank the post explaining the advantage of Thanks Button... Phew...

05-05-2014 04:14 PM
    For the past 4-5 days, I've been having a really strange issue with my Icon. The phone gets really hot while idle, and then when I unlock it, the start screen just shows the black "loading..." page. This of course drains a ton of battery too. It happens at random times, but there are no apps open in the background (I always close everything before I lock my phone), so I don't know what's causing it. I thought it was Wi-Fi related, but the last couple of times that it happened, the Wi-Fi was off. I did a hard reset over the weekend, but it didn't fix the problem. I'm guessing it's a background task on an app, but I have no idea which one it could be. I don't have many background tasks enabled. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?
    05-05-2014 07:19 PM
    Didn't see this listed - a definite change (not for the better) from Windows Phone 8.0.

In my contacts list, I have two separate contacts - Kronos In and Kronos Out. The phone number is the same, but the last digit is different. It is used to punch the time clock at work.
    - Kronos In dials "###-###-####,,,(employee ID),,1"
    - Kronos Out is "###-###-####,,,(employee ID),,2"

(commas are pauses, fwiw)

This worked fine in Windows Phone 8.0. In 8.1, without changing any of the contact information, my history now changes the names of all my Kronos calls to whichever one I dialed last. In other words, after I punch IN, then all the calls in my history now say "Kronos In", even the ones that will punch me out. And once I punch out, the calls in my history all change to "Kronos Out". There is no way to tell for sure which will punch me in and which will punch me out from looking at the history.

I have added both numbers to my Speed Dial, which should be a workaround once I train myself to use it - but the phone needs to be able to differentiate between these two different contacts, just as it did perfectly in 8.0.
    05-05-2014 08:06 PM
    Didn't hunt through everything, honestly; made a thread about this, too.

-Call drops for no reason and immediately goes to a dial tone, sometimes even calls back the person that it hung up on
    -Speakerphone comes on in the middle of a call, nearly every time
    -Sometimes if I take my phone away from my face, it will transition to the call history list instead of the contact card I am currently speaking to. It's frustrating because sometimes I'd like to put it on speaker, and sometimes I can't even end a call unless I touch "tap to expand"

I have an Icon. Thanks.
    05-05-2014 08:26 PM
    I've noticed that in the photos hub when you go to your Facebook albums each album is duplicated but only one actually works
    05-05-2014 09:32 PM
    guys, I have a question..i know its a small one, but il ask it nonetheless.. I have updated a total of 3 phones by now(coz I have wifi and my friends don't :P) , including my lumia 720 and 2 lumia 520s.. I noticed on the 520s that when any apps are updated, a notification comes in the notification bar, which surprisingly does not happen on my 720.. also, I have to manually check for updates, and after my 8.1 update, I haven't seen the store tile count go up to even one on its own..is it a small glitch, or should I do something which ma help.. FYI automatic updates, and update over wifi are both off on all three phones.
    05-05-2014 10:14 PM
    guys, I have a question..i know its a small one, but il ask it nonetheless.. I have updated a total of 3 phones by now(coz I have wifi and my friends don't :P) , including my lumia 720 and 2 lumia 520s.. I noticed on the 520s that when any apps are updated, a notification comes in the notification bar, which surprisingly does not happen on my 720.. also, I have to manually check for updates, and after my 8.1 update, I haven't seen the store tile count go up to even one on its own..is it a small glitch, or should I do something which ma help.. FYI automatic updates, and update over wifi are both off on all three phones.
    Have you checked in the Notifications+Action section whether you have notifications for Store ON ?
    Might be a small miss.
    05-06-2014 02:41 AM
    Again a post wasted on Thanks... That too to thank the post explaining the advantage of Thanks Button... Phew...

Do you not think he was being ironic?

I thought it was quite funny.

05-06-2014 04:00 AM
    Hi all, did some self digging and solved the issue. Did soft reset the phone, but while re-installation of software skipped the account login steps and hence got my factory setup home screen and apps. Later installed the apps manually, gave account details manually and did the individual settings manually instead of pulling from the MS server. Now things are back on track and everything works well. If anybody have such an issue - phone hangs, frequent restarts, etc., hope my above said method works well for you too. Thanks
    05-06-2014 04:21 AM
    I just had a hell of a time trying to take a picture while on a phone call. The screen kept blacking out right after I pressed the camera button (Lumia 1020), staying black for more than five seconds at a time. In the end I could shoot a few pictures, but it took way too much effort.
    I had kind of the same problem, but I was trying to reply on a SMS while talking on the phone.
    05-06-2014 04:29 AM
    ​Thanks. Didn't realise that.
    Joe920 and Sourav Ghatak like this.
    05-06-2014 05:44 AM
    hi,
    I am the developer of Week View and I released an update for WP 8.1 of my app a few days ago.
    At the moment I am gettings emails from some users that the live tile does not update.

Did some of you experience the same problem on non-MS apps?
    Were you able to solve it + did a sort-reset of the phone solve it?

best regards,
    Hannes
    05-06-2014 06:09 AM
    hi,
    I am the developer of Week View and I released an update for WP 8.1 of my app a few days ago.
    At the moment I am gettings emails from some users that the live tile does not update.

Did some of you experience the same problem on non-MS apps?
    Were you able to solve it + did a sort-reset of the phone solve it?

best regards,
    Hannes

I use few weather apps and messengers... Some weather tiles dont update as promised, but others are working fine... Also live tiles of few RSS Readers also work fine...

05-06-2014 08:51 AM
2,721 ... 6970717273 ...