Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Turning off Vibrations through the volume control "Vibrate Off" doesnt seem to work. In case I want to turn my phone complitely silent, I am still not able to figure how to turn vibrations complitely off.. Do I miss some settings or it's just a bug in 8.1?

For example: while chatting on Facebook Messenger, try to put ur phone to silence, with Vibrations off, but the phone still rolls on the table..

sgraphics

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Notification center: there should be a wa to read the entire message content... currently for tweets I don't see the content 90% of the time because of mentions. All I see is somebody: @someone @ someother. Annoying.

Opening notifications from notification center: the previous issue wouldn't be so bad if notifications opened nicely. Twitter opens the correct tweet 50% of the time - usually an old tweet that was previously opened is shown. Facebook messenger just displays a white page 50% of the time and when I press "back" to reach "all messages" in messenger then it crashes. Anyway the integration is insanely bad at the moment for all apps.

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Battery is draining so quickly though all are set to OFF, any suggestions please?

Hi,

I have installed 8.1 on day one on my Lumia 620, and immediately found the battery drain issue other wise I love this update.

So far done :

1) soft reset done many a times
2) Hard reset and restored the data back, No luck
3) Hard reset and fresh installed, still no luck
4) Wifi OFF, WIFI Sense OFF, out look sync settings changed to daily. and exchange server in set to 'as item arrives'( since I am on call for all the time and i use for business)
5) Location is OFF, No cortana
6) All back ground apps are not allowed except Whats App and Batter sense
7) Mobile ( 2G ) data is enabled
8) no weather updates.

Not sure what needs to be done.

My main worry is, battery is draining very quickly in stand by too. it was 100 % at 13:30 hrs but 55 % at 15:30. Just sent a message in between.

I am thinking to go back to WP 8.0 but loving this update so waiting for a solution.

it may be redundant question but not found a significant solution or at least closer match so far about this issue. searched almost all and tried all recommendations but none of them didnt work, any suggestions please ?

Manojkumar_25

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need Help please!

Same here...
Hi Windows Phone users, i am having two really weird issues with my Lumia 925, here are they:

1) When i first bought the Lumia 925 i noticed that the speakers aren't as loud as the Lumia 520 (My prev. phone), that is fine with me, but when i lower the vol to 15 or less it gets really low and barely i can barely hear it, i even turned off the sound when typing because it was useless, but when i have the vol 20+ it is good. I had this one the day i bought the device (It was running WinPhone 8 and now 8.1 Preview) i have done soft and hard reset both unsuccessful.

2) After updating to windows phone 8.1 i noticed that the wifi signal was very week (the internet is fine it is only the wifi signal showing one line or just the small dot) even when i am sitting next to the router. Anyone has this issue?

Thank you all in advance.

Dizplay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Everything seems to be acceptable. Was a little worried about doing this update on my main phone. Had one problem with webpages not loading in IE, created a new access point profile and removed the proxy settings as per the info section on here, reinstalled SIM etc. I feel as though the whole phone isn't as responsive as before and the mobile data is a little slower but all the features seem to be working fine. Battery MIGHT be draining slightly faster but I have been using the phone a lot more since the update so it may be normal.

All in all, the OS in its current state is definitely usable as a main phone at least on my L920.

Edit: Actually I am having problems with the mobile data again.

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have installed 8.1 on day one on my Lumia 620, and immediately found the battery drain issue other wise I love this update.

So far done :

1) soft reset done many a times
2) Hard reset and restored the data back, No luck
3) Hard reset and fresh installed, still no luck
4) Wifi OFF, WIFI Sense OFF, out look sync settings changed to daily. and exchange server in set to 'as item arrives'( since I am on call for all the time and i use for business)
5) Location is OFF, No cortana
6) All back ground apps are not allowed except Whats App and Batter sense
7) Mobile ( 2G ) data is enabled
8) no weather updates.

Not sure what needs to be done.

My main worry is, battery is draining very quickly in stand by too. it was 100 % at 13:30 hrs but 55 % at 15:30. Just sent a message in between.

I am thinking to go back to WP 8.0 but loving this update so waiting for a solution.

it may be redundant question but not found a significant solution or at least closer match so far about this issue. searched almost all and tried all recommendations but none of them didnt work, any suggestions please ?

deszczu

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
One little problem with my 1520 after update to WP 8.1. When I create all day event in calendar, it is moved to previous day after a second..

Sent from my RM-937_eu_poland_1014 using Tapatalk

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Woke up at 6.42am to find my 1020 stuck at the glance screen with time 1.42am, not responding to any buttons. It was on the charger all night, but only charged to 77%. Scary, I thought I slept until 1.42pm! Had to do a soft reset (power + vol down for 15sec or so). Hope this is a one off, because I kind of need that alarm clock.

This has happened twice with my 1020 so it's not an isolated incident.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
if i disable banner notifications for texts i dont get alerted at all of text messages while in driving mode. Thats one of my favorite features being able to have messages read to me and reply without touching the phone.

Skinshifter

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an Ativ S and I've only got problems with the camera, sometimes. Also, I sense the battery comsumption is bigger and worries me :unhappy:. Overall the OS is working pretty fine and awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12