Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

alogde#WP

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi im not sure if it has been discussed, tried looking for it but probably not hard enough, well basically since today messaging or whatsapp wouldnt let me type another word after i press space, i would have to press the back key then click on the typing box to write another word and do this for each word and the phone is heating up too much after this and the battery is draining alot , ive switched off the predictive text in the keyboard settings and now it has allowed me to type, i think theres a fult with that but not sure, any help will be appreciated thanks.

flyinion

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little confused by one of the bugs. I was thinking I might be affected by it because I connect to my company's open wi-fi which requires you to accept their terms in a browser page but IE never loads the page and therefore WiFi claims "no internet access". However, the suggested solution of going to settings>access point doesn't work as I can't find that in either IE11 settings or the main settings. What am I missing?

Bug: IE11 doesn't load certain pages but everything else that requires internet, works fine!
Solution: Go to settings > access point > add new profile > copy everything from your existing profile but leave proxy and port "fields" empty > save and set as active profile.

Lumia920amber

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have an problem with my google account! First it said that it couldn't sync, then I deleted the account and now I can't anymore connect to it. Please help me!!! I've already tried soft resets and they don't help. Update: Everything is now just fine. I think it was just some kind of server update or something

Last edited:

apollo1800

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
My Device
- Lumia 625
- OS Version: 8.10.12359.845
- Firmware: 3056.40000.1349.2001

1. [Office Bug] Always when I'm using Microsoft Office on my phone, especially when I type some texts in Korean, the vowels and consonants which have to be combined together stay separated just like [a p p l e] not [apple] in one word.

2. [Korean Input] This issue occures in all preinstalled apps like Message App, E-Mail App and Office etc. Always when I type some texts in Korean, the apps become noticeably slower and the letters I already wrote appear after a few seconds.

I really hope to be solved this issues on the next major updates.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Today the glance screens "detailed" text doesn't show anymore. I can still see "my text", but nothing else will show; no matter the app.

Has anyone else experienced this? Btw, I have a 1520.

Edit: Hard reset worked.

chuckalicious

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
As well as many of the bugs you have found I have noticed that if I am watching video, from YouTube or elsewhere with the app and ringer volumes muted, and use the fast forward button, the speaker emits a popping sound. The sound is slightly different each time too. Very odd.

I'm on a Lumia 920.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The 920 got hot by the camera lens lime the first batch that came out when they debuted. Anyone else get that?

"Never half *** two things. Whole *** one thing." - Ron Swanson

Claudio_aka_Du0

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920 .. Gyroscope, proximity sensor and Nokia camera (I have tried to reinstall it) do not work anymore -.-". As I try with the soft/hard reset I'll say you if it solved the problem permanently or not :)

steppok

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing an issue with my Google Calendar and the built-in Calendar app. When I add an all-day appointment to my Google Calendar, the appointment immediately moves to the previous day. This doesn't happen with timed appointments on my Google Calendar or all-day appointments on my Outlook Calendar.

Also, email reminders aren't synchronized to my Google Calendar. Previously, I added an appointment to my Google Calendar and my default Google Calendar settings (receive an email 1 day prior to the appointment) would apply to new events. This might possibly be a limitation of CalDAV rather than my previous AES Google account settings.

deszczu

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing an issue with my Google Calendar and the built-in Calendar app. When I add an all-day appointment to my Google Calendar, the appointment immediately moves to the previous day. This doesn't happen with timed appointments on my Google Calendar or all-day appointments on my Outlook Calendar.

Also, email reminders aren't synchronized to my Google Calendar. Previously, I added an appointment to my Google Calendar and my default Google Calendar settings (receive an email 1 day prior to the appointment) would apply to new events. This might possibly be a limitation of CalDAV rather than my previous AES Google account settings.

Same problem with moving all-day appointments to previous day..

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I unplugged phone from charger (it was at 100%), waited for a while; WPcentral live tile updated after 20-30 min. So.... to be honest.... I have no idea what the fu.k is wrong. However, it may stop updating. Clock Hub works always, Vieather is not updating at all. I give up. MS, give us some update with bug fixes. Even better, HTC hurry up with your official 8.1 update!!!!

I've just realised this morning that charging to 100% is not related to the live tiles not updating issue. I think it's mostly because my phone is left idling while charging (I always charge during the night when sleeping). But last night, I happened not to charge my phone and I'd noticed that the live tiles stopped working. So leaving the phone idle for a few hours is causing this issue for me.

Oh well, I can live with rebooting my phone once a day until Microsoft fixes this.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It could be a bug or not included feature.. Why bing search [not cortana. i didnt have that activated] it shows music and messages. but actually we can search more in similar app named UNIFY , like images, calendar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb