Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Sure enough, 15 minutes after turning Battery Saver back on, Wifi went down and power button issue returned. Also, when trying to turn Wifi off/on in Wifi settings, page becomes unresponsive. I'll update if it changes, but the Battery Saver seems to be the source of the bug.
I'm waiting for it to happen again, but I may be experiencing something similar. Several times my phone has failed to wake up and I've repeatedly hit the power button to get it to wake up. The last time I did the power/volume down reset. If it happens again, I'll try turning off battery saver.

Davulsukur

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm in, hell yeah! I think my work WiFi died a death and went to circa 14k modem speed and that's why it wouldn't move from checking for update. As soon as i got home i update no problems.

WPBrony

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

It took 3 attempts on my 520. Didn't take long to update. Working grew except it is kinda laggy.

rockstarjindal

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Facebook app doesn't start( if you didn't have it already and downloaded after updating to 8.1)
Store doesn't work with wi-fi proxy

m3kk

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

The store is back up!

Doesn't work for me:( did you reboot it something?
Writing this with awesome new Swype keyboard or whatever it's called!
Lol 😁 when you type stuff like"lol" and awesome 🙆 you get suggestions for a emoji. Really neat feature!

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

A bit out of topic! But whatsapp is only working on wifi and not mobile data for me since the WP8.1 update! I have to manually open the app to check when im on mobile data! Anyone else experiencing the same issue? :(

Rindika Fanai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

the notification center is hard to pull up.. is this happening only on my phone?? sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt

Sean_P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

[HTC 8XT Sprint]

I installed wp8.1 this morning, first thing i noticed is yes people it takes a long freakin' time... be patient.

Some problems I am having:

-WiFi
for whatever reason WiFi will connect if the phone is restarted, but as soon as you allow the phone to go to sleep you will not be able to get WiFi connected again unless you restart the phone again (huge fail - thanks M$)

-Visual Voice mail (Sprint app I believe)
no longer works, even after re-installing the app it will crash when loading. will have result to old school method of "calling in" to check VM's :(

-Random reboots (not sure what is causing it but it has happened to me a handful of times already.)

-Lock button (I have read above and also experienced myself that the lock button is not responding at times.. taking up to 20-30 sec's to actually turn screen on.) *** i thought maybe this had something to do with photostream (a lockscreen app) so i deleted it and have not experienced the issue since.

So far that's all i can think of that I've had issues with... I'm happy with the update overall.. once they iron it out a bit more it will be a great update.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Picking a new photo for the Start Screen background doesn't always "take". Workaround is to remove photo from SS background before choosing a new one.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

BUG: Wifi connection disconnects as soon as the display times out.

Temporary solution (workaround): Set the display time out to 'Never'

I have my display set to turn off after 1 minute. Wireless sense is also disabled.

Phone: Lumia 920
Win 8.1 Update process: OTA + Hard reset right after the update.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

[HTC 8XT Sprint]

I installed wp8.1 this morning, first thing i noticed is yes people it takes a long freakin' time... be patient.

Some problems I am having:

-WiFi
for whatever reason WiFi will connect if the phone is restarted, but as soon as you allow the phone to go to sleep you will not be able to get WiFi connected again unless you restart the phone again (huge fail - thanks M$)

-Visual Voice mail (Sprint app I believe)
no longer works, even after re-installing the app it will crash when loading. will have result to old school method of "calling in" to check VM's :(

-Random reboots (not sure what is causing it but it has happened to me a handful of times already.)

-Lock button (I have read above and also experienced myself that the lock button is not responding at times.. taking up to 20-30 sec's to actually turn screen on.) *** i thought maybe this had something to do with photostream (a lockscreen app) so i deleted it and have not experienced the issue since.

So far that's all i can think of that I've had issues with... I'm happy with the update overall.. once they iron it out a bit more it will be a great update.

Turn your Battery Saver off. Should solve your Wifi and random reboots.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Turn your Battery Saver off. Should solve your Wifi and random reboots.

Although I have yet to experience any random reboot. Turning off the battery saver shouldn't apply to the Wifi issue as I never turn that option on. The only workaround that works for me is to keep the display from timing out...

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

here is my list:
changed the region to US to get Cortona, worked great, buy no store.
changed back to local region, no Cortona, market shows only the opening screen, cant search any apps, and download the highlight ones.
1020 Nokia camera loading SO F****** SLOW
few months ago i downloaded the Xbox Music, now after the upgrade to 8.1, its gone.
STILL NO T9 DIALER.
VPN - cant connect to pptp vpn service

the marketplace shows me the error code: 805a01f7

Same here with the store, I just did a factory reset and the store stopped working so all my apps are in limbo until it starts working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077