Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the capacitive buttons on my lumia, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiH24cpFl4g , this is the problem (except that mine is in a 1520), i really don't know waht to do, i already did the hard reset (like 7 now) and i even use the nokia software recovery tool, but the problem is still there.

I have the same problem on my 920, have to do more than 20 soft resets before I can use it again. Really annoying.

Signia70

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Interesting Cortana bug. I am in the CST time zone and traveled to EST over the weekend. During my time there I asked cortana to remind me to ..... at 10am. She put it on my calendar for 11am. Has to do something with the time zone change. I had my time set to automatic and it was on the EST time.

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
GPS system still on even when disable it when turn on the phone sometimes show up the cicloe of the location setting on , probably never the GPS gets turned off and cause the not long lasting battery autonomy besides that the mobile internet connection is very unstable and sometimes have to try to reload 4 times or try later for get a website

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
There is also a decent noise present when a track ends in xbox music or nokia mixradio before skipping to the next song. It seems that it is much louder than it shloud be like it does not respect the volume settings.

Play a video on mute and then scrub through the video. You'll hear loud taps even though all volumes are on mute.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just had my second freeze on my 1020 after the update. As before it got stuck on the charger with the glance screen on. I needed to do a forced reboot.

Zanjo

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Bug: international calls do not ring on phone after 8.1 update, just go straight to voicemail with no notification of call.
Phone: nokia lumia 925.
Confirmed that reverting to 8.0 Update 3 fixes issue.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Recently, my Lumia 1520 has been acting up. When I wake the phone up by unlocking it, the phone comes up on a black "loading" screen or black "resuming" screen. Also I had a funky texting issue where my texts would go through but disappear on the message thread. I had to do multiple soft resets before it would fix.

1oldtimer

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Wi-Fi range is lower after upgrade to WP 8.1 on my Lumia 1520 :( (I used to be able to be out in my yard and have full Wi-Fi signal. Now I am lucky to have any signal at all) And when I go between home or work, Wi-Fi does not auto reconnect. I usually either have to cycle on/off the Wi-Fi or reboot the phone. I do have the reconnect box checked.

UPDATE: OK, I think I figured out the reconnect issue. I had it set to reconnect manually. I changed it to reconnect when I am near. This seems to be the correct setting for known networks. I have also turned off the Wi-Fi sense and all so far is good.
I still have the degraded Wi-Fi signal issue though. Hopefully its just a firmware issue and will be addressed when the final release comes out this summer.

Last edited:

1oldtimer

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
When I first upgraded to 8.1, the call log would group calls from same numbers. for example; if I got 3 calls from home, it would show home 3. Now it has reverted back to windows 8 style and shows 3 individual calls from home. This would be a great feature if it works.

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
When I first upgraded to 8.1, the call log would group calls from same numbers. for example; if I got 3 calls from home, it would show home 3. Now it has reverted back to windows 8 style and shows 3 individual calls from home. This would be a great feature if it works.

Groups only for calls on same day. My HTC 8X works this way from the begining w81 PD

Sleepwalker71

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My 920 just crashed (first time ever) when watched Nokia commercial on YouTube via the browser. Video was not full screen mode. Hard reset restored it back to life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb