Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
i've even downgrade wp8.1 to wp8 but it didn't fix it, now i have the problem but with wp8
Well I downgraded last night to 8.0 had a few unresponsive screen, so I did a few more hard resets and now, my phone is working perfect again :). Not going to install any preview to developers again. Learned my Lesson.

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
As far as bugs go, I think I've been pretty lucky. The only one I've found is that my speaker pops a lot, mainly between songs and when skipping in videos. Anyone else got this?

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have any big bugs in my L520 until yesterday but I found one today... I think some may have it too. It is when I put my phone on charge and if some notification shows up, the display stays on forever. :/ Another thing is the battery icon is frozen during battery saver mode and shows around half empty even if the battery is on 100%.

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the more I use my phone (HTC 8S) with 8.1 the more bugs I notice that I've missed before. For those interested in the previous bugs you can look at my older posts.
New bugs I found:
1. Sometimes when charging the battery indicator doesn't go up (it shows the same percentage). Afer I restart my phone everything is back to normal
2. Maybe after 10 days of use I started having problems with my power button. Sometimes it reacts only when I push it the second time. Restating the phone also resolves this issue, but it returns after a couple of hours of use.
3. Screen rotation is way slower in some apps compared to WP8 (For example Metrotube). Ofcourse this COULD be an app issue.
4.Whatsapp messages sometimes come four hours after they're sent (Probably an app compabilty issue)

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Yesterday I had an arrangement with friends for a meeting on the 1st of May. I did set a reminder in my calendar for 1st of May, but somehow all my friends received the invitation through my calendar for the 31st of April. I am not sure is it a bug for sure, but it is worth checking it.. if it is a common bug, fixing it would prevent disasters :)

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Yesterday I had an arrangement with friends for a meeting on the 1st of May. I did set a reminder in my calendar for 1st of May, but somehow all my friends received the invitation through my calendar for the 31st of April. I am not sure is it a bug for sure, but it is worth checking it.. if it is a common bug, fixing it would prevent disasters :)

You might have changed your region to some other countries...that's a reason for early alarm,reminder or anything relating to calendar that's what I think

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok, the more I use my phone (HTC 8S) with 8.1 the more bugs I notice that I've missed before. For those interested in the previous bugs you can look at my older posts.
New bugs I found:
1. Sometimes when charging the battery indicator doesn't go up (it shows the same percentage). Afer I restart my phone everything is back to normal
2. Maybe after 10 days of use I started having problems with my power button. Sometimes it reacts only when I push it the second time. Restating the phone also resolves this issue, but it returns after a couple of hours of use.
3. Screen rotation is way slower in some apps compared to WP8 (For example Metrotube). Ofcourse this COULD be an app issue.
4.Whatsapp messages sometimes come four hours after they're sent (Probably an app compabilty issue)

WhatsApp and power button case is same as with me...hope that MS may soon fix it...and fix the whole slow down of phone and make it fluent like wp8 was

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
From AppStudio 8.1 terms you agreed to:

"A preview update only includes the Microsoft portion of the update; mobile operator and OEM driver updates will be available when the official update for your phone is available."
This means your phone is operating under 8.1 with the 8.0 firmware. There will be functions that do not operate correctly.

Twiggyskulls

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I'm not sure if this issue has been reported or not... but I have noticed with my HTC 8X, the time does not appear to update properly when the HTC app is tiled. The only way to correct it I have found is to change the size and then change it back. A soft reset did not correct this for me.

PizzaRulla

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys!
Updated my Lumia 925 to 8.1 day after it came out. Been really happy with it, but today something wierd happened. I hadn't used my phone for a while, but when I took it out of my pocket the screen was blank and refused to come to life. It is still on though; I can feel the processor inside heating up as if doing something intense, but the phone won't react to anything I do. Has anybody else had this problem? And more importantly, does anybody know how to solve it?

Yusuf Papagan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey buddy, I got a solution for you. I've placed some apps of mine to my sd-card, without lag or problems it was just working fine. Today in the morning I could not watch a video on my sd card, so i pulled it out and put it back in. After the restart some of mine apps were turned in to grey and nothing of mine data (picture, musics, apps) was avaible like yours. I went go to my pc and make back up of my SD card so I could Hard reset my phone. But before I did: See solution

BUG: SD card did not load the apps and media properly (it keeps saying: sd card is not ready and that i have to wait or reinsert the SD card when i press to an app which is inside of mine sd card).

SOLUTION: Get a SD Adapter or something like that where you can access the data on your micro-SD from pc. It will say that your SD card is broken and shows you a selection if you want to recover it. Go ahead and recover. It will succeed in minutes. I've done this and put my sd card back on my phone, and all my apps on SD-card did load up with all the data without any problems or slow down's like some people are issuing.

I am using Nokia lumia 520 and my sd card is a class 10(8GB).
Ive also noticed that a class 10 Sd-card makes really diffrence between slow downs.

Hope it will work for you guys that have the same problem to!

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, hope it is enough to understand;)

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

That date doesn't exist, there are only 30 days in April.

Last edited:

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys!
Updated my Lumia 925 to 8.1 day after it came out. Been really happy with it, but today something wierd happened. I hadn't used my phone for a while, but when I took it out of my pocket the screen was blank and refused to come to life. It is still on though; I can feel the processor inside heating up as if doing something intense, but the phone won't react to anything I do. Has anybody else had this problem? And more importantly, does anybody know how to solve it?

It happened with me once on my 720...do a soft reset by pressing volume down and power button untill phone restarts...i hope that may help you too

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Well I downgraded last night to 8.0 had a few unresponsive screen, so I did a few more hard resets and now, my phone is working perfect again :). Not going to install any preview to developers again. Learned my Lesson.

i think i'm going to do the same, downgraded until it works again, did you donwgraded with the nokia software update?

JoxerJen

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm also experiencing the WiFi poor signal and not re-connecting to preferred networks (home, work). Usually requires me to first notice that it's been switched to LTE, and then turning the WiFi slider in settings off and on to have it re-connect. It's eating up my data by me not realizing it drops all of the time.

I can't even be on the other side of my apartment without the signal being so bad that I have to use a Comcast hotspot just to connect while sitting in my bedroom at night. The router is maybe 100 ft down the hall. This was never an issue prior to 8.1.

Running on the Lumia Icon.

Munther Ghabboun

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing a problem with 8.1 developer preview on Lumia 1520 when I plug Nokia headphone or earphone, the outgoing and incoming calls are disabled and any outgoing call is dropped immediately. Any one faced this issue and found the solution?

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure if this issue has been reported or not... but I have noticed with my HTC 8X, the time does not appear to update properly when the HTC app is tiled. The only way to correct it I have found is to change the size and then change it back. A soft reset did not correct this for me.

Same here. I used to update by scrolling down the desktop. Once I uninstalled it never worked again. Hope news from HTC soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans