Orderthe new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021 right here!

03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    I had an issue that was driving me crazy after I installed the Developer Preview. In that I could not purchase music in the XBox Music Store. I no longer have a music pass (Gave that up when it stopped being called Zune Music Pass). When I tried to purchase a song, I received a message that I "did not have a credit card on file." Well that is not right. Confirmed that I do. Then figured whatever, I will add it. Wrong, it would not let me, telling me that "The card you are adding is already in your account". Tried putting in a second one. Adding it back. Taking it out altogether and adding it through the Music app. Nothing. Contacted XBox support. They could not figure it out either.

Today I hard reset my phone and Voila! It now works. Hardest $1.29 I have ever spent! :)
    05-23-2014 01:16 PM
    Some subscriptions in new Podcasts app are not showing new entries on refresh.
    05-23-2014 01:51 PM
    I'm not being able to see Album Artist on the lock screen. Have enabled it. Made sure its enabled, still can't see... Anybody has a solution?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    05-23-2014 07:01 PM
    Since the update to the preview having alot of problems. Phone is very slow everything seems to take ages to load. Keep having random crashes. Location not working all the time. Keep losing Wi-Fi connection. Don't wanna do hard reset as I will loose WhatsApp.
    05-24-2014 04:24 AM
    Hi,

I am Anand from India and i have installed 8.1 preview (8.10.12382.878) on my Lumia 1320.
    My phone completely freezes when i try to install a 500+mb game directly onto the SD card and requires a soft reset.
    I seem to face this problem even when transferring a similar game from the phone to SD card.
    Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a solution to this or should we await the Official release?

Thanks!
    Anand
    i have the same problem, when i try move app or game to SD card, my Lumia 1320 freeze . . . also have problem, when copy files (most video files) on my SD card via USB, before complete copy i get error and cant copy . . .
    05-24-2014 04:53 AM
    Is there something wrong with the Windows store? When i search the results are terribly way off. Before it wasn't like this.
    05-24-2014 07:44 AM
    Ive come across a possibly new and extremely frusterating/handset breaking bug. I added a new class 10 sd card to my phone last night(nokia 520) and now my auto text suggestion dosnt work anymore (and this also renders swipe keyboard completly unusable) to add to that when it stops it also makes my keyboard freeze until i back out and re-enter the text box. I have been searching for other examples of this happening so i can try to fix it but with no luck. Is there any imformation on this i may have missed?.

Info: Auto suggestion crashes causing keyboard to go unresponsive.
    Phone is under telus canada as a provider but is set up under united states (for cortana only)
    Ive done soft reset for now until i can do a back-up for a hard reset

So far the only solutions i have come up with are turning suggestion off or typing obscure letters before you start typing but i would like a actual fix as i count on spellcheck for text in a rush. Any suggestions on what to do
    05-24-2014 10:04 AM
    Is there something wrong with the Windows store? When i search the results are terribly way off. Before it wasn't like this.
    I'm noticing the same issue and it seems to be getting worse. I searched nite clock and some racing game came up. Previously a very large selection of nite clocks would have come up. I searched several other apps and everytime either stuff totally unrelated or nothing at all would come up. The search function has become totally useless for me.
    EDIT: Seems better today. Maybe it was just a store issue.
    Last edited by cbreze; 05-25-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    05-24-2014 01:52 PM
    i have the same problem, when i try move app or game to SD card, my Lumia 1320 freeze . . . also have problem, when copy files (most video files) on my SD card via USB, before complete copy i get error and cant copy . . .
    Also have problems with the SD card (64 GB, class 10). After a restart my 1520 shows the "can not read the SD card...". I have to format it! All data gone. My PC can read the card!!!
    05-24-2014 02:23 PM
    I encountered and unusual problem with my Lumia 925 after the 8.1 preview update. At times one side of my earphone just goes blank, usually the right side. Seems like a glitch that fails to deliver the audio to the right channel.. Because all i need to do is a restart and it starts working fine again..
    05-24-2014 04:08 PM
    Can someone please help. My available is now down to less than 100mb despite nothing being added or downloaded. I've noticed that memory loses big chunks everytime I open and sync onenote. Windows phone 8.1 preview is turning into a nightmare for me.
    05-24-2014 04:27 PM
    Also have problems with the SD card (64 GB, class 10). After a restart my 1520 shows the "can not read the SD card...". I have to format it! All data gone. My PC can read the card!!!

The platform reads and accepts only FAT32 partitioned cards... It wont read NTFS... I guess your card is formatted to NTFS...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 05:17 PM
    Don't know if this is a bug, but today some settings have suddenly changed on my Lumia 925.

Normally when i press the volume keys, my Media & Apps sound goes up or down. This morning when i pressed the volume keys the sound of notifications went up. This is very annoying to me because i keep my notification and ringer sounds at an all time 0. I only work with my Media & Apps sound bar. Any simple fix to this?
    Last edited by jorden vanmeensel; 05-24-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    05-24-2014 06:05 PM
    Same issue here m8 I purchased my L1520 just yesterday and updated it to find that whatsapp and other crucial apps to me are not downloadable,,, I'm frustrated now, even the diagnostics app is not available as well, how can we report bugs without even having the chance to use any "common" app..... what a shame!!!
    05-25-2014 02:46 AM
    I don't think the store search has ever worked right, but yeah, it seems worse. I searched for a couple apps using the exact title, and got *nothing*. Bring up Google, and boom I'm there, no problem.
    05-25-2014 03:10 AM
    I don't think the store search has ever worked right, but yeah, it seems worse. I searched for a couple apps using the exact title, and got *nothing*. Bring up Google, and boom I'm there, no problem.
    That explains why I can't find UC Browser...
    05-25-2014 03:20 AM
    While forwarding a video I hear a sound and is unly

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    05-25-2014 04:51 AM
    I've noticed today that if I link a Twitter contact to an Outlook.com contact via my phone, that link is correctly displayed on my Windows 8.1 machines.

However, if I used the People app on Windows 8.1 to link a Twitter contact to an Outlook.com contact, after syncing my phone I can no longer see the Twitter contact at all. I can still see the Outlook.com portion, but the Twitter portion (including photo) is completely missing, even if I go in and filter the contacts to only show Twitter contacts.

Removing the link via Windows 8.1 is the only way I've been able to get the Twitter contact to reappear on my phone.
    05-25-2014 06:12 AM
    There has been some strange network associated issues happening the last few days.

My notifications dropdown crashed earlier. After clicking the internet sharing icon, it hung up and would not respond to anything. Rebooted the phone w/ the 2button combo and the notification menu was blank. Four gray squares with no buttons. I should have taken a screenshot but I forgot to. It fixed itself after a few soft-resets.

Also recently, it would lose signal randomly (maybe there is a pattern I havent noticed yet) and it would take a minute or 2 for it to reconnect. Sometimes it wouldnt reconnect but a soft-reset would fix it.

Today, it froze and reset itself... after that, internet sharing kept dropping my laptop connection. Soft-reset a couple times seems to fix it for now.

I havent installed or uninstalled anything recently. Just normal sms/calls/emails... some maps and browsing so I wonder if it's just a random glitch that kicks in if the conditions are just right. More than likely a firmware/OS combo issue causing general instability.

FYI, Nokia Lumia 925. WP8.1DP updated to whatever is today's version. Hard-reset after latest update. On AT&T.
    05-25-2014 01:17 PM
    Not sure if this is an 8.1 issue or not. Yesterday for some reason my Facebook phone app has quit up dating. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the account through settings and reinstalling the app an telling it to integrate with the people hub. Neither that or if I go into the Facebook app I still get no updates.

Anyone else having/had this problem?
    05-25-2014 03:51 PM
    I've been using PDP on using Nokia Lumia 525 for about 3 months now and there are mainly two bugs that I've found so far that really affect me.
    First is the one with lockscreen sounds. Everytime I lock or unlock my screen I hear the sounds almost 2-3 seconds after the screen is locked or unlocked. This happens every single time.

Second thing is whenever a new app is installing, the phone becomes too laggy. Especially if there is music running in background the phone DOES NOT RESPOND AT ALL. The only way out of that is to restart the phone by removing it's battery. And also the app isn't installed. You have to download it again from the store. Now this didn't happen on WP8 given 1GB RAM of the phone. This happens everytime. If the app is small then it doesn't take much time and after being installed the returns to it's smooth functioning again. But during installation of larger apps the phone stupid responding.

P.S- The new apps are set to be installed on SD card and I use an 8GB class 6 card
    05-26-2014 09:32 AM
    App duplications in app view.
    Sometime after updating I have seen some tab duplications, not every time when I press back button to see the app view, but, in cases where say, high ram usage, I press back button and tap the screen in small intervals apps will duplicated although if taping the duplicated app it would return me to start screen. Any body else experiencing this?
    Here are some screenshots.: http://1drv.ms/1jS5F6f
    05-26-2014 12:38 PM
    No option to sync contact + calendar offline. All contacts are automatically uploaded into the NSA spy cloud. That is inacceptable and will prevent WindowsPhone from getting any attention from serious users (e.g. business).

Seems to be hard to get that for MS, or maybe the NSA is just paying too good. Whichever it is, it's insane.
    05-26-2014 03:27 PM
    I've been using PDP on using Nokia Lumia 525 for about 3 months now and there are mainly two bugs that I've found so far that really affect me.
    First is the one with lockscreen sounds. Everytime I lock or unlock my screen I hear the sounds almost 2-3 seconds after the screen is locked or unlocked. This happens every single time.

Second thing is whenever a new app is installing, the phone becomes too laggy. Especially if there is music running in background the phone DOES NOT RESPOND AT ALL. The only way out of that is to restart the phone by removing it's battery. And also the app isn't installed. You have to download it again from the store. Now this didn't happen on WP8 given 1GB RAM of the phone. This happens everytime. If the app is small then it doesn't take much time and after being installed the returns to it's smooth functioning again. But during installation of larger apps the phone stupid responding.

P.S- The new apps are set to be installed on SD card and I use an 8GB class 6 card

I've experienced problems with the music thing too. Main problem is there isn't apps installing or open. Had to remove battery to get phone back 😒

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk
    05-26-2014 04:18 PM
    Please fix the Phone 8.1 Podcast APP. The podcast app crashes when the phone has no network connection. It will not restart until there is one. I need the Podcast APP series controls to be separate for each phone. I want to download podcast to only one phone but the controls are not separated between devices.
    05-26-2014 09:29 PM
2,721 ... 8182838485 ...