Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I receive facebook messages notifications but no general notifications still. Also I am facing stutter/lag in the games hub. Is anyone else facing lag?

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Starting a few days ago I'm not getting text message notifications anymore. No vibrate, sound, action center, toast, or live tile. I just see a message if I actually open messaging. Conversations aren't muted and notifications are turned on. Any ideas?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Bugs I run into

Alarms: I did a hard reset without restoring backup, but the newly added alarms still doesn't work.
Live tiles don't work even after the hard reset without restoring.
Cloud backup stopped working too even after deleting the old backup.
Plugging the phone to the charger will sometimes crash the phone - have to soft reset to get it back.

T-Mobile Lumia 925, very unhappy.

Last edited:

Psycorp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Any news on when a fix for the popping/cracking speaker sound when seeking in video or audio will be made available? It's starting to get annoying.

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this funny bug in my kids corner. i've searched around but it seems im the only one with this bug
These two tiles can't be deleted, they just stay grey out like that. can't be resized too.
I've tried uninstalling google maps but doing it just adds an exclaimation mark on it.
wp_ss_20140507_0001.png

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm connected to my Wi-Fi. I went to Settings -->Applications --> Maps and checked for updates, it gives me error : Please check that flight mode is off and your Wi-Fi or data connection is active.

I double checked and flight ode is off and Wi-Fi is working perfectly. Anyone else having this issue?

Fahad Aziz Khan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
1) If I dial a number e.g 058-9288882 and the number stored in contacts are like this " 00971589288882 " then dialer did not shows name of contact instead shows the 058-9288882.
(Android and iOS shows the Contact Name)

2) WiFi can be turn on on via Action center but Turning Off the WiFi it navigates to the WiFi settings.

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Using DP since it was out.
I have encountered following bugs :
1) Random reboots. I believe firmware update will fix it.
2) Reboots on using word flow keyboard [usually when battery saver is on]. No idea why it happens , but I can reproduce it almost daily.
3) Sometimes my right earphone gets muted. In WP8 my volume used to get stuck , and in WP8.1 the right earphone gets muted. I have tried different earphones , doesn't work , and have tried them on different phones , works. The only fix is to reboot. I wish it gets fixed with firmware update. Or maybe it's just poorly written apps like whatsapp etc which fiddle with audio.
4) Sometimes screen doesn't detect touch. Someone had posted a video about it, what you do is that you open any app ,quickly press home button and then try to swipe the start screen. It won't detect it for 2-3 trials and then work after a lag. It bugs me when I am doing some quick multitasking stuff. This is original to WP8.1. I don't think firmware update can fix it.
5) I get No service from nowhere. Toggling airplane mode twice still doesn't fix it. The only way around is to reboot.​

* Seems to be fixed by WP8.1 update.

Last edited:

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 8.1 keyboard freezing

Things were fine after installing WP8.1 DP, but suddenly since yesterday my keyboard freezes whenever I try typing inside a message / email and the phone reboots automatically. It has happened almost everytime I tried typing and till now the phone would have rebooted by 20 times in 24 hours. I tried power off and on, battery removal and restart and even a phone reset, but nothing seems to solve this issue. Can anybody help me out of this trouble please. :unhappysweat:
It happens with word flow for me. Same is the case for you ?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
1) If I dial a number e.g 058-9288882 and the number stored in contacts are like this " 00971589288882 " then dialer did not shows name of contact instead shows the 058-9288882.
(Android and iOS shows the Contact Name)

2) WiFi can be turn on on via Action center but Turning Off the WiFi it navigates to the WiFi settings.

Are you in the UAE? Turn off your international assist in your dialler settings.

That is how WiFi works in the notifications centre.

Last edited:

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
1)
Someone posted in another thread:
***snip***
2: They did this so that so you can tell your phone to automatically turn on the WiFi within a few hours. I wish they would extend this setting to 8 or 12 hours, but this is pretty neat. Sometimes I forget to turn on WiFi and then I use too much 3G data. So I prefer how Microsoft has done it right now, no high data costs anymore.
***snip***

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
If you install or uninstall an app or game from the SD card and then do a soft reset, when the phone reaches desktop after reboot, it says errors on the SD card, do you want to scan and fix the errors. No idea why this message comes up.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That's the usual Windows message if storage is possibly corrupt. Is it a 8.1 DP bug? Is it just that SD card, or on any SD card?

rawale

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My phone after WP 8.1 update it not open fast it get 2-3 minuet for switch on and if not open I do restart Frome press volume down and lock key what is this pls solve this problem

krishna T

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
If you install or uninstall an app or game from the SD card and then do a soft reset, when the phone reaches desktop after reboot, it says errors on the SD card, do you want to scan and fix the errors. No idea why this message comes up.
I've seen this on my phone too. I think it's to do with open Channels (I remember closing the "storage sense" abruptly, when actually it is still collecting data on SD card) and the subsequent soft reset phone requests for SD card scan. Other time I had one of the file managers open on SD card and saw the same issue. So before reset I ensure that none of the above things happen and I am not seeing the scan requests so far.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody had the battery icon still show that it is charging after being taken off of charge?
My Ativ S i8750 has on several occasions had this issue. A simple reboot has resolved the issue, however I'm interested if anybody else has had this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire