03-30-2016 06:41 AM
2,721 ... 9091929394 ...
tools
    did you find a solution to the sound not working?
    06-13-2014 11:05 AM
    Yeap after restarting my phone everything started working fine...but received a notification saying this version of Os is not supported..some features won't be working...
    06-13-2014 11:47 AM
    On Lumia 920, when keyboard is out for around a minute the phone restarts. Happened when writing messages, URLs in IE and mails.
    06-13-2014 12:51 PM
    Anyone elses phone shut off randomly since getting the 8.1 beta? Anywhere I can get support?
    06-13-2014 01:18 PM
    Anyone elses phone shut off randomly since getting the 8.1 beta? Anywhere I can get support?
    A lot of us have this issue. For my 8X, it happens when I use WiFi and I don't use the phone for a while. I can open the phone only after a long press of the power button.
    06-13-2014 03:00 PM
    A lot of us have this issue. For my 8X, it happens when I use WiFi and I don't use the phone for a while. I can open the phone only after a long press of the power button.
    Oh ok! I was curious. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
    06-13-2014 03:15 PM
    So my HTC 8X got this while updating to the newest 8.1 version...

Attachment 69031

Was stuck on 0% for an hour, then I decided to do a reboot. Update installing now... installed
    Weird, never seen any error screens like that.
    And why does it call my phone a PC??
    Sorry for your issues but, cool a blue screen of death screen shot on Windows phone.... :)

I'm a Windows Systems admin...Trust me, I know bluescreens but, never saw a Windows Phone one...
    06-13-2014 07:26 PM
    So to summarise nearly 100 pages:
    WiFi - broken, won't connect to known-good hotspots.
    Personal hotspot - broken. doesn't work.
    Xbox Music - barely usable. Too many issues to list.
    Random reboots - new feature.
    Overheating - new feature.
    Crazy battery drain - new feature.
    Cortana - region-specific. So unknown for anyone outside the US really.
    Quiet hours - removed unless you get Cortana.
    Headset - some issues.
    App issues - lots of folk installed the Dev Preview and are confused between app and OS "bugs". Even the first page of this thread lists "bugs" that aren't really.
    Backups - broken.
    06-13-2014 11:40 PM
    I'm on my phone and have gone thru a ton of pages on this thread, so please forgive me if this dead horse has already been beaten....

Since the update, all my Twitter accounts were unlinked from their Outlook counterparts and vanished from my 1020. I can still see them linked in the Windows 8.1 People hub. The accounts that weren't linked aren't missing. However, if I link them via Windows 8, they leave my phone. If I link them on the phone, they stay.

And here's the kicker. I unlimked then unfollowed several twitter profiles. Waited a day, then re-followed them. The accounts that had vanished earlier are still missing!! Yet again, they are on my Windows 8.1 People hub.

(and because it should be the first thing most of you think of, yes, I double checked I wasn't filtering my contacts or hiding those without phone numbers.)
    06-14-2014 12:26 AM
    Odd bug that (I think) was only introduced with the last update. Some system sounds (such as lock/unlock sounds, charging sounds) no longer seem to work. Anyone else see this? (I have a Lumia 920.)
    06-14-2014 01:41 AM
    Odd bug that (I think) was only introduced with the last update. Some system sounds (such as lock/unlock sounds, charging sounds) no longer seem to work. Anyone else see this? (I have a Lumia 920.)
    I how high is your media + apps volume.
    06-14-2014 01:45 AM
    And all of a sudden the touch becomes unresponsive..
    The touch comes back to normal state only when you lock and unlock the screen... (On a 520)
    06-14-2014 01:48 AM
    I how high is your media + apps volume.
    Generally between 20-30.
    06-14-2014 01:48 AM
    Anyone experiencing Headset issue? My NL920 has its right side headset issues after some use (sound not coming out at all), after receiving calls(random, not always) the problem is solved after rebooting, but it's really annoying.
    06-14-2014 04:34 AM
    If I opening the Reading List app, all my pinned websites are deleted. I have a Nokia Icon.
    06-14-2014 10:26 AM
    These problems i get are worse than i had on android. Phone just freezes, touch don't work, buttons dont work, cant lock it, change sound or anything and then unfreezes after a minute doing all the actions i tried. It really makes me mad and i hope it will be fixed by 8.1 official release or firmware release by Samsung. I have ATIV S.
    06-14-2014 02:53 PM
    There seems to be an issue with the Bluetooth and hands-free to my 2010 Infiniti - Back in the day my Samsung focus used to work with this flawlessly, but ever since i've gone with Nokia it's actually taken a step back

the issues

Voice recognition is absolutely appalling - works great when not on Bluetooth

There is about a 3-4 second delay whenever the phone establishes a connection to the car to allow me to speak - which means that often times the voice command times out

I noticed today is that if I click on the microphone button on the text to speak in a reply, there is the usual 3-4 second delay - i speak my message and i see the equalizer on the phone detecting speech, but when it disconnects, the text does not show up in the message

confirmed this last one is an issue with the phone, as it behaves the same way when paired with my jambox

When I am not using Bluetooth, then i am able to dictate into the text message

how do I report this as a formal bug to Microsoft? - it's definitely busted
    06-14-2014 04:01 PM
    These apparently shoot downs of my 8X (in fact the phone doesn't wake up if I press the power button) drive me f***ing crazy. Today I've missed 2 calls and received a sms only after a reboot. In fact, after reboots, I could call somebody but that one could not be able to hear me at all.

I'm envious on Nokia user who can simply reinstall WP8 with NSU.

Come on Microsoft, give us the stable update faster.
    06-14-2014 05:05 PM
    These problems i get are worse than i had on android. Phone just freezes, touch don't work, buttons dont work, cant lock it, change sound or anything and then unfreezes after a minute doing all the actions i tried. It really makes me mad and i hope it will be fixed by 8.1 official release or firmware release by Samsung. I have ATIV S.
    I don't have any of those problems in my Ativ S. Have you tried a hard reset?
    06-14-2014 05:13 PM
    After the latest update my auto screen rotate doesn't work. This bug is still existent after a soft reset, reboot and a factory reset.

NL1520
    06-14-2014 05:16 PM
    Off course. The Problems come only few days after, not immediately.
    06-14-2014 05:53 PM
    Games hub feels buggy not smooth as WP8, always getting error with it,
    The facebook app also is not good as before
    In action center mobile data icon needed
    Music app always resumes while I came back from others
    Some weird sounds coming out while playing music or videos , if I was seeking a video that sound came even I was reduced the media+apps volume to zero
    Otherwise my phone feels great to operate ,thanks...
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
    wphashan likes this.
    06-14-2014 09:30 PM
    Just bumping again...anyone found a solution to this...?

Password field hidden while trying to unlock phone by tapping on unread notifications on Lumia 1320 http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/285192.htm
    robertre likes this.
    06-15-2014 02:23 AM
    I can't because of awesome Nokia apps I have installed during gdr2. If there is a way to install creative studio again, I would do it...
    06-15-2014 06:24 AM
    Off course. The Problems come only few days after, not immediately.
    Really? Oh god, we should wait for firmware update I guess :(
    06-15-2014 06:26 AM
2,721 ... 9091929394 ...