Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Syed Rehman1

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey.
I need help
I have Lumia 620 and there's no map setting in setting application and here maps crashes. I download third party app but is says map not available on this phone
What should I do?

AntGR

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been experiencing issues with the every earphones (wired ones) on both of my Lumia 925 (both with 8.1) and I can see I'm not the only one.

Sometimes when the earphones are plugged, the right one make a strange crinkle sound and shuts and then no sound comming out from the right channel.
I also noticed that it happens having the next scenario:
-Earphones plugged
-Notification income sounds
-Right earphone strange crinkle
-Right channel stops working

A Soft reset is a partial Solution as it happens every time in that scenario, at least this is for me...

Sometimes if the bug is present during a Call, the phone resets itself.

I've just reported this issue with Diagnostics app. Someone has news on this one?

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Those who are having problem regarding battery issue and phone gets hot at the right corner....i guess I have found a solution for the battery drain problem. Just few steps. First, you will need to go back to windows phone 8.0 using NSU. After getting back to 8.0 just update your phone to newer version but don't install anything on phone until you get to 8.1 (install preview for developers to get onto WP 8.1) start everything new. Don't restore your backup! Just start new! And there you go! Battery drain won't happen. I'm using Lumia 925, my battery was draining per minute 1% on 2g network. Means battery used to last only 3 hours. Now its not getting drained after I did this all...in battery saver it shows me 1 day 4 hours remaining and its 71%. And phone is not getting hot now! Hope this help you folks ! Worked for me! :)
i can't even get the second update :( getting this: error code 80072ee2

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with syncing staff on Lumia 920. Everything stops to syncing, even WP Central app, everything need to refresh manually, also business mail, alarm also not working. What is funny, only Google mail syncing correctly.
Is there any way for diagnostic what could make problem that everything beside configured Google mail account wouldn't sync?

simplyboci

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Since I couldn't find any related topic to my issue (even though I googled for half a day), I hereby ask the question: I just bought a Lumia 925 yesterday, I had an 8S earlier. Both running Developer Preview and when I setup a Gmail account on my Lumia, the envelope on the live tile remains small (like in the case of small live-tiles) even when it's large or medium. Does anyone noticed the same bug and if so, how could you resolve it? I did a hard reset yesterday, thought that might work but no, still no change. Since that is my most used account on my phone, it would be good to have the tile on medium-size rather than on small. But still, that might just be some firmware issue and it'll all be good once a new update is out. Nevertheless, I would really appreciate your suggestions and once again, sorry if this was mentioned already.

Cheers!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Since I couldn't find any related topic to my issue (even though I googled for half a day), I hereby ask the question: I just bought a Lumia 925 yesterday, I had an 8S earlier. Both running Developer Preview and when I setup a Gmail account on my Lumia, the envelope on the live tile remains small (like in the case of small live-tiles) even when it's large or medium. Does anyone noticed the same bug and if so, how could you resolve it? I did a hard reset yesterday, thought that might work but no, still no change. Since that is my most used account on my phone, it would be good to have the tile on medium-size rather than on small. But still, that might just be some firmware issue and it'll all be good once a new update is out. Nevertheless, I would really appreciate your suggestions and once again, sorry if this was mentioned already.

Cheers!
nope. mine is working fine. i am using 720. in my case, for medium tile, that envelope grows bigger. for the large tile, it goes smaller again in the corner in case of unread mails, and its bigger at center if no unread mails. it works fine.
try to removing the tile and pinning it again.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with syncing staff on Lumia 920. Everything stops to syncing, even WP Central app, everything need to refresh manually, also business mail, alarm also not working. What is funny, only Google mail syncing correctly.
Is there any way for diagnostic what could make problem that everything beside configured Google mail account wouldn't sync?

diagnostic of such kind is not there. but u can check whether the apps are allowed to be run in the background with battery saver. so that, u may find which is an imp app, but still not running in the background.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
When I install big games (100 MB and above) onto the SD card, it gives me error at the end of the download just before installing. Then I do a soft reset and try once more and it works. Had this problem with Angry Birds Go ! and Kingdoms & Lords so far.
try installing the games by downloading and copying the setup on SD Card itself. this may occur due to low memory on the phone as it requires multiple times memory for installation (approx 2 to 3 times).

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone of you experienced overheating even on standby when Cortana is on? I've already disabled Cortana and the problem's gone. A while ago, my phone also experiences loading on black screen when phone overheats.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a bug with IE and the new inline (built-in) video player. I was watching a video on YouTube (the sunset overdrive gameplay) pressed full screen and my screen went all fuzzy - sort of like the graphics glitch you used to get when a passive graphics card heated up and the screen will just completely mess up. Had to force a soft reset and played the same video over cellular this time (last being on Wi Fi and same thing happen. After a few soft reboots it cleared up.

However everytime I did that I got the battery low icon (with more than enough charge) and phone would turn off. Then will turn on again without an issue. The last time it occurred was today... The odd thing is nothing was installed or updated (apps are set to manual update).

I have been trying to replicate these two issues to no avail.

If I may add, phone has been working fine since update to 8.1dp. Just the battery life is shorter than what I'm become used to on 8.0 lol. Not doing a hard reset - I've poured hours into sector strike, on hardcore mode and stage 46.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone of you experienced overheating even on standby when Cortana is on? I've already disabled Cortana and the problem's gone. A while ago, my phone also experiences loading on black screen when phone overheats.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I had that once but I got rid of the Cortana live tile it was okay.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
diagnostic of such kind is not there. but u can check whether the apps are allowed to be run in the background with battery saver. so that, u may find which is an imp app, but still not running in the background.

Main problem is Alarm. Regarding app is not ann issue, could be reason battery saver, but the question is why Alarm is affected.
At the beginning I was think that Cortana and Quiet Hours are reason for problem, but then I am experience problem on original Regional setting.
I will follow situation and see what is happening.
Cheers.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
hmm, just noticed:
In the default WP Calendar I have an activity from Sunday-Thursday.
On my lockscreen this shows up as Saturday-Thursday (same on the live tile).

I use Week View 8.1 as my preferred calendar app - and here it is displayed correctly.

abhiiceman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
when i return to start screen from a app, till the transition effect finishes the tills will appear like in low resolution but after the transition is complete the quality will be back to normal..this is kinda annoying and looks cheap..

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 has gone completely crazy over the past week or so. I installed the 8.1 preview update the morning it was released. For the first two to three days the only issues I was having were with group texts and sending/receiving pictures in texts. Group texts simply would not be sent and pictures could occasionally be received but I could never send them. So, I installed WP8 back on the device and updated it again to 8.1. The texting issues were fixed.
Now, about a week and a half ago, things started to go downhill very fast. This morning, I installed WP8 back on and then reinstalled 8.1 and the issues have returned with a vengeance. lol

These are a few issues that began to show their ugly heads:

1. Upon powering up the phone or waking up the phone, the colors would be way too bright, oversaturated, almost having a poster-ized look to them. I'd quickly hit the power button. Double tap to wake, and everything was back to normal. I've read about others experiencing this .

2. Phone locks up periodically. Only the three backlit button across the bottom light up when the phone is powered on/woken up. They appear to be really bright...brighter than normal. Turning the phone on and off does not fix this. The only thing I've been able to do that fixes the issue is to do a soft reset (volume down + power).

3. At least two or three times a day, when scrolling through my start screen or in an app, the screen image starts to go nuts! The image starts to shake all over the screen like jello. Then, it will usually freeze up with around 10 or so repeated images of the screen all scattered about. After I power it off and turn it back on, I get the issue I talked about in number 2 above.

4. Excessive power drain and heat after my battery reaches below 30% or so. Usually this is a precursor to the phone locking up (number 2) or the phone going spazz (number 3).

5. After each of my soft resets, the time was always set to 9:44 pm and the date was always set to 3-21-13.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. I love the phone still, and I understand that we are beta testing an operating system, so I should not expect everything to be perfect. This experience has actually really made me appreciate why some updates take quite a while to make it through carrier testing before making it to our phones.
I posted this in another 1520 thread, so I apologize in advance.

Edit: As of 6:20 pm, my 1520 will no longer display the start screen. It will power on and off, and I can get notification sounds, but there is absolutely no image on the screen whatsoever. I am currently reinstalling WP8 through the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, but It's not looking too good. I'm completely through the installation process now, but the screen has still not shown anything. :(

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
And this is what I was looking at just before the phone completely froze. Managed to snag a picture just before it shut off...for good it appears. This is what I was describing in my post above....number 3.

WP_20140510_003.jpg

Last edited:

abhiiceman

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I see this only after upgrading to windows phone 8.1, i see that if I go to YouTube and select any video, it opens www.youtube.com/blahblah and not m.youtube.com. The internet explorer settings also is set to mobile version. Anyone else having the same problem?
faced this issue once when i changed the setting to desktop, then after reverting to mobile it still used to show desktop ver(even after refresh) but a normal closing of app solved the issue for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos