Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Vincent Wansink

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow. A lot of pages in this thread and I'm not going to read them all. I just was wondering if anybody else noticed that the volume setting for bluetooth is not remembered. It seems like everytime I connect to a bluetooth device my volume is at 14 and I have to crank it back up.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
it is new SD card, so i dont try different card. . . yes, i format it in the phone. . . it is class 10. . . it is ADATA Premier Micro SDXC 64GB UHS-I. . .
i dont think that card is broken, bcs when i put it on my notebook card reader, all copy things go allright without any problem. . .

I would first try checking the card for errors using your notebook card reader. Same as checking a drive for errors. If no errors are found, I would format the card using the diskpart utility in an elevated command prompt. Instructions on how to do so can be found here: How to Format a Drive Through DiskPart | eHow

I had a problem with mounting an .iso file to a USB thumb drive even after doing a regular format. I was also able to copy files to the thumb drive and drive check returned no errors, but still unable to mount the .iso to the thumb drive. After formatting through diskpart, I had no further problems with the thumb drive. Apparently there was some issue with the drive that a standard format didn't resolve.

Note: Anytime you format a card through Windows, your phone will still ask you to format the card after it's inserted into the phone, so don't be alarmed or confused by this.

IrelandCeltic

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that memory management seems non-existant on my phone now. It seems as if the my Lumia 920 isnt actually tombstoning apps. If I've got more than 2 or 3 apps "open" new ones wont open until I close the others.

Anyone else getting this?

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I to update to 8.1 as My data settings aren't updating my hone, and Wifi That I am not having.... With mobile data setting it has to update but it doesn't update.. says connect to wifi...

JCassio

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I have already updated my Lumia 520 to Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview this week, but after a hard reset, the fast wp 8.1 system became too slow... What may have happened?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Morton

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having similar issues. Ever since the preview update, I have had the lockscreen issues. I will press the button to access the lockscreen and nothing happens. I hold it down, get the swipe down to power off, and then I can get in to the phone. also seem to be having issues now with WiFi connectivity. Also going in and out between 3g and LTE more frequently. things were great before this update. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Hardy Nguyen

May 5, 2014
Visit site
These are some issues I met on my Lumia 720 after upgrading to WP 8.1.
- Device sometime hanging (It has never been before)
- Sometimes Camera is open with Black screen, cannot capture, must restart.
- After hard reset, system datetime changes to one day in the past. Even I set ON for automatic update time, after soft reset again, system datetime still not updated to the correct time.
- Sending message in some apps doesn't clear the message box after sending. However, if you add an enter before sending, it will be cleared.
- Vietnamese Telex keyboard doesn't have auto capital, suggestion.
- The last one is not bug, but I just wish to get the function Chat Facebook on SMS back. Wish another one for Chat Skype on SMS also :D.

Regards,
Hardy

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed at times that under Battery Sense, it will say that it's been "less than 1 hour" since my last charge, even if I'd last charged 24 hours earlier! I experienced that yesterday when I swapped my SIM card from my 925 to my 810 that's running 8.1. I rebooted and then it read correctly.

kavouri76

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
i'm a lumia 620 user and the some things bothering me in 8.1.when i push a tab to close in i.e it does it with lag.other thing is the maps application.when in loading state.the phone suddenly restarts.after the latest update it's impossible to get in the app!as for the battery draining issue,i haven't seen any noticeable improvement yet..other think that really bothers me is that we can't have the real feel of multitasking yet (play a video on youtube while browsing on another tab).and a feature i really miss from other platforms is the abbility to stream live stuff.that's it for me..i hope microsoft listens and will soon fix what has to be fixed,to be competitive against mature O.Se's..

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the I8750 Samsung Ativ S, would go through an endless reboot cycle if you decide to turn it off or when you run the battery to 0%

The only fix is to reset the phone.

So I guess the boot loop issue ain't fixed yet.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Cruzebe

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Infinite loop means the Phone starts up and then switches off again, etc. etc.
There are 2 updates for GDR3: the MS update, that you can get via the developer program, and, in this case, the Samsung firmware update. If you have the GDR3 developer update but don't have the Samsung firmware update you still can do the developer update to the MS WP8.1, but that will result in problems like the infinite loop. The only thing you can do then is flash back to GDR3 and get the samsung firmware update first.

The new update of 8.1 is no solution of reboot loop , strangely enough some have it some don't its trigged by extra settings from Samsung.
temporary_zps67ab23a1.jpg

But I have found a way to get out of the reboot loop ones you get in it , install an other keyboard language -> search for updates and once you see the gears and have last restart you are out of the loop. !

oneiros

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Before the 8.1 update just released yesterday my Nokia Lumia Icon was working great. No big problems. None of the problems people were complaining about. Now since yesterdays update I've had them all. The lock button not working, The battery is dying quicker, the whole experience is much slower, and apps even freeze for a few seconds when I get a text. Soft reset doesn't help or turning off the phone. All the problems just come back about 5 minutes after shutting down the phone. Is anyone else having these problems that weren't before?

meh..exactly the same here on Lumia 620..what is odd id that after the update, everything worked fine...now after a couple of days is beginning to behave like you said, frequent freezes, etc...tried a soft reset with no luck, but before a hard one..now I'm trying to uninstall those few apps that go updated in the last couple of days. Because it feels more like something is dragging down the CPU in the background and actually the first day after the update the phone was working just fine.

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Error uploading photo to Facebook after successfully uploading the first one.

Also found that sometimes phone restarts itself. Happened twice after the latest update. Didn't have this problem previously.

Battery has displayed wrongly once. Displaying critically low level when I woke up and when I connect to charger it then displays correctly@95% charged, which is about correct as I left it idle for around 8 hours.

Glaucest Saturnio

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I'm having problems with maps in my 520 after second 8.1 update.
Any app that uses maps (i.e. Bing maps, HERE maps, drive, transit... even maps settings) don't even open and sometimes restarts the phone.

P.S.: None of these apps, neither the map are in microSD!

Last edited:

Pra_viilon

May 18, 2014
Visit site
A bug in WP 8.1:

If you switch off the phone with scheduled quiet hours enabled (e.g. at night), then turn it back on, when the quiet hours are already disabled (e.g. morning), some sounds are still off (like lock/unlock).

To solve the issue, manually enable and then disable quiet hours. All sounds will be back on now.

joseresto

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Contact search not working after 8.1 update!!!

After applying 8.1 Update, searching for contacts in the Address Book of the Phone, returns no resulta at all. Contacts exists, but search is not working at all....

Last edited:

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The most weird bug : Unable to restore Text messages from the last year or before. Only able to retrieve messages for the current month. Backup was done for more than a year. 1000's of messages. And I have tried resetting my phone thrice so dont tell me to do that. Just a few messages get restored. I miss the old ones. 70e239eb5.gif I want to kill myself for upgrading to 8.1 60104185d.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6