Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

On my Nokia Lumia 1020 unlocked, I have not been able to get past the running cogs screen on the pre-update for 8.1. The progress bar on the spinning cogs screen has not moved since two hours ago.

During that time, I was able to update my Lumia 920 completely to 8.1 with no problems.

reda igbaria

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

is the store down ?
i have windows phone 8.1
but when i enter the store it shows me error :805a01f7

what is this?!?

daniel187

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

mine took 2.5 hours and wasnt even actually 8.1 lol, installing a second update now

Gelemikke

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

I'd leave it a bit longer. That's probably normal. It can take a while if you've not got much space / you've got lots of data on the phone.

It can take up to a few hours if you got a lot of stuff on it, like a do. My 920 took about three hours to just get past the spinning cogs on the pre-update and I imagine the real update will take a lot longer unless I clean it up.

chriscsh

May 22, 2012
Visit site

my lumia 820 after upgrade, no key for me to input the password at lockscreen

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

mine took 2.5 hours and wasnt even actually 8.1 lol, installing a second update now

i'm in that same situation. :S i really hope i don't have to migrate **** on the actual 8.1 update.

i'm step 3 out of 6 at 67%. it's been 1 hour 45 minutes.

EDIT: i will Delete the sims freeplay (1Gb) since i have not even launched it once xD and some other unplayed games and apps, thank Cortana the Store now lists the apps you have bought/gotten for free.

Pablo Negrete

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I am running into a problem with the first update before the 8.1 update itself. I was able to install that specific update on a 521 and 820 no problem and they are working on the 8.1 update, but my 920 downloaded the first update and is now stuck on the spinning gears screen. So I should just leave it be and if in an hour or so, if it does nothing, I should be concerned?

I figured the 8.1 update would be the one that takes 30+ minutes.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

For **** sake, why did they tie quiet hours to cortana? Ffs, such simple feature and i can't use it. Because i ain't 'Murican. Geez, MicrUSoft learn from your mistakes...

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Got a rolling screen like the vertical hold was bad while it was installing the updates at the end of the install on my icon SCARRY! but once done that went away
Total Install took over an hour and I dont have much on phone (about 9 gigs of 32 used)
Im not having any of the other problems above just that when I leave the phone locked for any length of time it takes a while to wake up? and battery seems to be going faster but then again Im playing a lot right now :)
Still checking things out

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

My Wi-Fi in the notification center goes to limited and I have to restart it everytime it does that.
Store says some error and I have three updates lined up which I'm not able to.
I have no cortana :( even after I changed my region to the U.S.

I don't want to soft or hard reset my phone for the above problems. If there will be a bug fix update later tonight or tomorrow it would be very much appreciated! 👌👍

Talk4Lig

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

My apps in store is showing apps i had installed but long time ago.. How can i see my installed apps and how to force update?

mulia bagus

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Here's my bugs list

1. There's no double tap to sleep
2. WiFi lost signal intermittently
3. WiFi icon on action centre direct me to WiFi setting instead of on/off WiFi
4. Currently store is down

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads