Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Yimeng Wu

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

It's only me, or on my L920 colours are more "washed out" now?
My Cobalt theme is a lot less "deep bluish", and more "purpleish" and light...

It may be a legacy drivers issues until Nokia Cyan, or is there a quick fix?
Are you experiencing the same thing?
The Cobalt accent color has changed.

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

For **** sake, why did they tie quiet hours to cortana? Ffs, such simple feature and i can't use it. Because i ain't 'Murican. Geez, MicrUSoft learn from your mistakes...
wait, wat?
f*ck this :straight:

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

can anyone else confirm/deny this? if this is true, why the hell would they do this?

When WiFi is on, yes this is the case. But when WiFi is off, it turns it on without jumping to settings. -Typed using the new 'shape writing' :D

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I love Cortana so I changed my region and language to US but what are the consequences of changing the region from my country?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

When WiFi is on, yes this is the case. But when WiFi is off, it turns it on without jumping to settings. -Typed using the new 'shape writing' :D
thanks, i guess that makes some sense, i would have much rather had a basic on/off

Talk4Lig

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I love Cortana so I changed my region and language to US but what are the consequences of changing the region from my country?

You can't download paid apps, unless you change it again

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

6tag sometimes autoclose. Some of my games does it to. Tried restarting. Still the same. I cant even post pictures using the fb app. Same goes with 6tag

Sent from my RM-875_apac_philippines_254 using Tapatalk

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

My Wi-Fi in the notification center goes to limited and I have to restart it everytime it does that.
Store says some error and I have three updates lined up which I'm not able to.
I have no cortana :( even after I changed my region to the U.S.

I don't want to soft or hard reset my phone for the above problems. If there will be a bug fix update later tonight or tomorrow it would be very much appreciated! ����
check your app list for cortona , after changing your language and region to us(english)

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

all apps for that are only for your country won't show in the store

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Where is the setting to select the highest network speed... I would like to select 2G if i'm not using data connection. 3G sucks the battery!

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

6tag sometimes autoclose. Some of my games does it to. Tried restarting. Still the same. I cant even post pictures using the fb app. Same goes with 6tag

Sent from my RM-875_apac_philippines_254 using Tapatalk

a reset fixed this for me

Narciso Neto

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

My bugs/defects on WP8.1 > Lumia 720:

- Xbox Music and Videos apps, in WP8 Music+Videos hub was already crappy and slow on WP8,
but this takes another level on WP8.1 (hope it will get better with time and updates);

- When coming back to homescreen, some tiles that does have custom color or content
(like 'Me' hub, Xbox, Facebook, Evernote etc) haves to reload content/custom color, it happens on little
flash, but it's a bit annoying.

- I miss data conection toggle on Action center options

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Where is the setting to select the highest network speed... I would like to select 2G if i'm not using data connection. 3G sucks the battery!

settings then cellular+sim then scroll to the bottom, tap your network name then you should see the settings

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

**Downloading Maps & Progress Bar Accuracy**
-- Lumia 929 (Icon)--

After Updating: Florida map would downlaod to 86%, then cut out. Upon resume, message indicator displays less than 1MB remaining on download. Download would never complete.
-------------------RESET PHONE-------------------------
After Resetting: Florida map downloads to 86%, then finishes. Map shows as downloaded and installed.

I guess this bug is actually two. The first with downloading of the maps. The second being the inaccurate progress bar.

UPDATE: Seeing as how this thread contains zero duplicate reports of the map issue, perhaps I was attempting this download while Nokia was updating their servers with new map data released today http://www.windowscentral.com/offline-maps-updated-windows-phone

Another possible bug:
When backing up settings and apps on 8.1, Microsoft servers recognize device as a Lumia 927.

Another bug: HTML5 Youtube player stays open when navigating to another page. Phone got super hot with the player running in the background. Battery zapped from 90% to 75% in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

The only bugs I've noticed so far:

1. Wifi keeps dropping out after about 10-15 minutes. If I don't manually reset the phone, it resets on its own after a few minutes.
2. I believe this is connected to #1, as they start happening about the same time, but the phone's power button doesn't respond when first pressed. Second press, turns on the phone, and Wifi is down.

Just curious, I've only noticed a few people reporting the Wifi issue. If you're having this issue, let me know if you're also using an HTC, or if this is happening across all devices. Also, if you are having the issue with the power button as well.

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes when I push up the lock screen it goes to an apps loading screen and stays there
I have to relock and unlock again to get to home screen

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Power/lock screen button no longer functions, however when doing Vol Down + Power, it shuts off the phone after 10 seconds, not reset.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know where to report these bugs to Microsoft? Also, is there anyone from Microsoft I should follow on Twitter who might be commenting on the Developer Preview besides Joe Belfiore? (Noticed he's been quiet since the update came out.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos