Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Kevin Henrique

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

My Bug And Worst of all, After installing 8.1 it works normal so that if I turn off the phone, then s ... I turn in 30sec it goes into flight mode on and off, and this turn on... And Is infinity. Hard Reset I have done more to no avail. And Now? As I use the phone?

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

My bugs on HTC 8X:
1. Wi-Fi in the action center sents you to settings despite of automatic connection.
2. I don't have the Glance Screen on my phone.
3. When you try editing a search in the ie you can't go to the last word because it gives you that line used to select the text.
4. When I tap on "Find my phone" it crashes then sent me back to settings.
I don't know why I can't find Glance on my phone...

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

I noticed a small bug with cortana...

If I TYPE in to set a reminder, the 'remind' button is grayed out. i do not have the option to accept the reminder. if i SPEAK, it is fine. but typing it fails.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read somewhere (maybe even on WPCentral) that the Wifi button in Notification Center takes you to settings, so it's designed that way. Not necessarily a bug.

My bugs on HTC 8X:
1. Wi-Fi in the action center sents you to settings despite of automatic connection.
3. When you try editing a search in the ie you can't go to the last word because it gives you that line used to select the text.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

8.1 preview was a good way for MS to get us to buy a bunch of new phones after we all just broke them :-D

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

My bugs on HTC 8X:

Why would not having glance on an HTC be a bug? Isn't it a Nokia feature?

ryan_milligan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

My Nokia 928 no longer plays sounds, and when I make calls, the other side can't hear me. The Cortana mic doesn't work either. Also, when I launch music apps (Pandora, XBOX Music), the app crashes and returns to the home screen. When I try the keyboard trick (install a new keyboard), it take me to an update screen that says step 5 of 19. It stays there for a couple minutes and then skips to step 19 of 19 and restarts. The keyboard gets installed correctly, but the sounds still don't work. The odd thing is that there is an unlock sound when the keyboard update is in progress, but no sounds at all after the keyboard update is done.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

My bugs on HTC 8X:

1. As designed
2. You won't. Glance is a Nokia feature.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

People with the Store issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting? Like a soft reset/hard reset? I haven't had any issues with the store whatsoever on my HTC 8xt. I did the hard reset right after updating, so that maybe that's the reason why.

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

People with the Store issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting? Like a soft reset/hard reset? I haven't had any issues with the store whatsoever on my HTC 8xt. I did the hard reset right after updating, so that maybe that's the reason why.

Did a reset on my 920 already, still not working

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Found a bug. It might be hard to describe, but here goes: When swiping down very quickly from almost exactly the top left corner (Where the cellular service icon is), the action center does not appear as expected, instead, the home screen "pops" down as if it were scrolling rapidly. The tiles stay there for a split second and then "pop" back to the top.

It does not happen when swiping at a normal speed, but I am able to replicate the bug when swiping rapidly.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster