Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

The only bugs I've noticed so far:

1. Wifi keeps dropping out after about 10-15 minutes. If I don't manually reset the phone, it resets on its own after a few minutes.
2. I believe this is connected to #1, as they start happening about the same time, but the phone's power button doesn't respond when first pressed. Second press, turns on the phone, and Wifi is down.

Just curious, I've only noticed a few people reporting the Wifi issue. If you're having this issue, let me know if you're also using an HTC, or if this is happening across all devices. Also, if you are having the issue with the power button as well.

Update: I turned off the Battery Saver, and my Wifi and power button issue haven't recurred for over 15 minutes. The longest I've gone without the problem so far that I'm aware of. Gonna wait a while before turning Batter Saver back on to see if this is the root of the problem, but just a possible suggestion. Will update if anything changes.

mortalgun

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Glance would work......you should go to settings...glance setings and then a popup comes and asks you to restart your phone and than works...that was same here (sorry for my bad english)

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

My Bug And Worst of all, After installing 8.1 it works normal so that if I turn off the phone, then s ... I turn in 30sec it goes into flight mode on and off, and this turn on... And Is infinity. Hard Reset I have done more to no avail. And Now? As I use the phone?
how did you hard reset?

mortalgun

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

my bugs:
1 no xbox 2no music and video player 3 no calendar
I'm really scared:shocked:
anyone idea?

lolakr

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

On my 1020 Glance wasn't working for me until I went back in to Settings->Glance and it asked to install and reboot the phone. It rebooted, still wasn't working, went back in to Settings->Glance and had to turn it back on. All is well now!

Anyone else find it to be a problem that the action center shows a preview of your email when the phone is locked and it requires a password to unlock. Can this be disabled?

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Everything seems to work flawlessly other than the fact that I just can't load things like "top free apps" in the store, however everything downloads and installs fine after re entering my Microsoft acct information. So far installation has been quick, and have had absolutely no problems.

In some ways I am actually glad not to have a Lumia device with all of the problems I've been hearing.

Using a T-Mobile HTC 8x.

Also to note, four column tiles works with the HTC 8x, I saw a list on this site that said it wouldn't support it. I'm sporting all four columns, but beware, tiles are super tiny as expected to be on just a 4" screen.

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

1520 on at&t no bugs as of yet, really not digging the small system scaling, keyboard is smaller, action buttons are smaller

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

On my 1020 Glance wasn't working for me until I went back in to Settings->Glance and it asked to install and reboot the phone. It rebooted, still wasn't working, went back in to Settings->Glance and had to turn it back on. All is well now!

Anyone else find it to be a problem that the action center shows a preview of your email when the phone is locked and it requires a password to unlock. Can this be disabled?

Good find. it's the first real design flaw noted in this thread. I agree that it is definitely a privacy concern...
If only there was a way to BUMP this post. Maybe starting a new post would garner some attention. Before long, this thread will saturated with a myriad of issues.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Don't know if anyone posted this yet. DO NOT soft reset your phone if it's working properly. I did it, because that's what you do in Windows PC. However, afterwards, it got stuck in a reboot loop. It would turn on, find all my settings, WiFi, cell etc. Then, it would switch to airplane mode and reboot again within a matter of 10-15 seconds. I'm Hard resetting now. Hope it fixes my issue. My phone is an Ativ S

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Is the store ******* working? I hard-resetted after the update and I cant reinstall anything!

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

The glance screen was supposed to come to all WP 8.1 upgradable devices.
even if that is the case, what does it have to do with an OS update? if it comes it comes from Nokia either as a separate app or as part of cyan, which isn't part of dev preview

HyMay

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I started the update a few hours ago. I got past the cogs and migration steps. I can use my phone currently, but when I go to settings/phone update, it says "installing updates". Please advise.

Lumia 1020

Nik47

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Managed to update my Lumia 920 (UK) to WP8.1. Tried installing U.S. keyboard to make Cortana work. Post download, handset seems to be stuck on spinning wheels with progress bar around 10% for nearly 30 minutes. Did a soft reset and keeping fingers crossed. Anyone else encountered this problem?

[Edit]: All that was needed was patience :) Everything works, including Cortana.

Last edited:

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I had the store issue, wouldn't let me download Bing weather, I backed out went back in and it worked. Glance needs a reboot to work because it got updated, settings/glance/ reboot, profit

Rahul_Lumia_720

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Here is my list so far!
•Top status bar always on.
•Wi-Fi in notification centre toggles on but doesn't toggle off instead goes to Wi-Fi setting screen.
•Photos in albums can't be zoomed out to scroll through photos.
•Only one data connection is shown in status bar. I.e., if both Wi-Fi and cellular data or on, only Wi-Fi symbol is shown in status bar.
•Don't like the games in the app list. Prefer if they were left alone in games hub.
•Data connection not available in quick settings in notification centre.
•Data sense shares same icon as a network icon :/
•Scrollable option for quick settings in notification centre to enable more toggles would have been great.
•Every time I open games hub, it takes a moment to update the list. Annoying as it never did like that before!

kbmadon

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Im in India and the store isn't working. "Not available at the moment".. All my region and language settings are good.. Worried :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster