Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Omg the error on the store:
This error code should be useful for iluminated minds =))))
(I don't know if I am right on translate)

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Update: I turned off the Battery Saver, and my Wifi and power button issue haven't recurred for over 15 minutes. The longest I've gone without the problem so far that I'm aware of. Gonna wait a while before turning Batter Saver back on to see if this is the root of the problem, but just a possible suggestion. Will update if anything changes.

Sure enough, 15 minutes after turning Battery Saver back on, Wifi went down and power button issue returned. Also, when trying to turn Wifi off/on in Wifi settings, page becomes unresponsive. I'll update if it changes, but the Battery Saver seems to be the source of the bug.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm experiencing random battery drain episodes on my 928. No problems prior to update. Went from 100% to 30% in the half hour it took to do the update, I charged back to 100% and it dropped to 54% within 20 minutes. Several restarts seem to have finally settled it down a bit. I read other posts with similar issues due to account syncing problems, however I did not have that issue on my accounts. Will update if i figure anything out. Love everything else though, especially Cortana control over Bluetooth!!!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Possible bug....turning off run in background for an app no longer shows an option to turn run in background back on. Only fix I see is uninstall/reinstall app

Daniel Addo

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

My Nokia 928 no longer plays sounds, and when I make calls, the other side can't hear me. The Cortana mic doesn't work either. Also, when I launch music apps (Pandora, XBOX Music), the app crashes and returns to the home screen. When I try the keyboard trick (install a new keyboard), it take me to an update screen that says step 5 of 19. It stays there for a couple minutes and then skips to step 19 of 19 and restarts. The keyboard gets installed correctly, but the sounds still don't work. The odd thing is that there is an unlock sound when the keyboard update is in progress, but no sounds at all after the keyboard update is done.

i guess ur update is not yet completed...hold on for a while cos the OS automatically re-installs all apps again

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm experiencing random battery drain episodes on my 928. No problems prior to update. Went from 100% to 30% in the half hour it took to do the update, I charged back to 100% and it dropped to 54% within 20 minutes. Several restarts seem to have finally settled it down a bit. I read other posts with similar issues due to account syncing problems, however I did not have that issue on my accounts. Will update if i figure anything out. Love everything else though, especially Cortana control over Bluetooth!!!

try using battery sense, maybe that'll shed some light on the situation?

Reaper7

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

my avatar disappeared, not in games.
and does not synchronize my xbox games

which may be the problem?

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

so far;
- facebook beta won't start/load (stuck on the blue "facebook" screen)
- when booting the phone, I have to enter my pin twice, and then my password :D
- store not working
- ativ s seems "slower" (read; less responsive) in some cases

to be continued

ryan_milligan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

i guess ur update is not yet completed...hold on for a while cos the OS automatically re-installs all apps again

All of my apps are there. The update said it was complete. I can access other features. Sounds just don't work at all. I have tried looking for phone updates, but it says the phone us up to date.

Zigi10

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

here is my list:
changed the region to US to get Cortona, worked great, buy no store.
changed back to local region, no Cortona, market shows only the opening screen, cant search any apps, and download the highlight ones.
1020 Nokia camera loading SO F****** SLOW
few months ago i downloaded the Xbox Music, now after the upgrade to 8.1, its gone.
STILL NO T9 DIALER.
VPN - cant connect to pptp vpn service

the marketplace shows me the error code: 805a01f7

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Sure enough, 15 minutes after turning Battery Saver back on, Wifi went down and power button issue returned. Also, when trying to turn Wifi off/on in Wifi settings, page becomes unresponsive. I'll update if it changes, but the Battery Saver seems to be the source of the bug.

Half hour later, we're still golden. I wonder if anyone else can replicate this issue. Is it just an HTC 8xt issue, an HTC issue, across all platforms, or just my bad luck?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos