Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Although I have yet to experience any random reboot. Turning off the battery saver shouldn't apply to the Wifi issue as I never turn that option on. The only workaround that works for me is to keep the display from timing out...

Was just suggesting that for Sean since he has an 8xt and experiencing almost identical issue to mine. Good to know though if I have anymore problems. Just curious, does wifi stay on when you manually turn off your display?

On a side note, I noticed my wifi data timing out several times while downloading the large additional file required for GTA: San Andreas, even though I left my display on. When I clicked to continue the download, it resumed right away, so it was only an intermittent timeout.

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Can't remove/Pin to Main Page Games from Game hub! And some graphical problems (Not optimized icons or so, Just waiting WP Design Team to fix this.) And a slow store on Turkey.

Sean_P

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Turn your Battery Saver off. Should solve your Wifi and random reboots.

It's off.. was off by default i guess cause i never turned it off.. but it is indeed off and WiFi still messing up after screen timeout.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Was just suggesting that for Sean since he has an 8xt and experiencing almost identical issue to mine. Good to know though if I have anymore problems. Just curious, does wifi stay on when you manually turn off your display?

On a side note, I noticed my wifi data timing out several times while downloading the large additional file required for GTA: San Andreas, even though I left my display on. When I clicked to continue the download, it resumed right away, so it was only an intermittent timeout.

I actually noticed this WiFi timing out when I tried to download a big file - my maps to be specific. As soon as my display times out, the download disconnects.

This same thing happens in the previous builds - in WP8, to be precise. But in WP8 builds, there is a setting in the 'Advanced' feature of the Wifi setings where in you can tick a box there for the Wifi not to time-out. This is actually the very first thing that I do, each time I do a full flash of my WP phones.

Here in WP8.1, that setting is gone.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I dont know has this been said, but always at boot I need to put my sim-pin twice. Friend also with Ativ-S having same problem.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

If your apps keep crashing especially music and camera apps then please try resetting it, this seems to fix it

DrewT3

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Lost my cellular and wifi data on my 920. I can get calls and text messages. Cellular data has a blank APN, I can't save a new one. Wifi says "try again later" when I try to turn it on. Tried soft-resetting, toggling airplane mode.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Ok.. so I just realized that the wifi issue never returned because I never had my phone off long enough for the phone to go to "sleep" (Guess I was having too much fun playing with the new features.) My bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077