Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Not getting any game notifications. Otherwise, I'm not getting any of these other bugs.(L820)

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Bug with adding a NEW Gmail account in WP8.1?
(I used the search and couldn't find anyone with this same problem)

After d/l the WP8.1 Dev Preview I needed a new Gmail account. I created one from scratch and made sure I could login just fine from my PC. That all worked just fine.

After sending test emails back and forth from my existing Gmail account just fine, I went to add the new Gmail account to my phone.

All went well and smoothly. There is one thing though.
Under the setting: Download new email, I do NOT have the option to set the interval to "as items arrive".

I checked my other Gmail accounts and all the other ones that were on the phone PRIOR to the upgrade have this option. Any NEW accounts I add since doing the upgrade do NOT have this option. I created another dummy account to test.

I definitely need the "as items arrive" setting. I may try adding Gmail as an "Other" type and manually enter the info. Does anyone else see this? Thanks!

*Update: Even though it is currently set for every 15 minutes, when I sent a test email, from my PC to the new mailbox, it showed up in less than a minute. I'm going to keep testing, but I really need the "as items arrive" setting.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm not having most of the issues mentioned here.. Lucky me.. :)
Still one thing I noted is my IE11 is loading the mobile site of Facebook even when it is set to show desktop view. I'm opening from the same favourites I had saved earlier in wp8.0.
I'm sorry if its already pointed out by someone,I didn't read a few topics...
Also, I've tried soft reset, still the bug persists. Anyone else facing the same prob?
Try going to www.facebook.com from ur phone. Mine is going to m.facebook.com only...

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

HTC Devices (8x)
You cannot make English (United States) as Phone's (MAIN) language, despite the fact it is first in the list.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Well...maybe not much of a bug but my photos live tile won't update itself with pictures from my SD Card...

Arya Satya

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

So far from me is that the Calendar live tiles didn't work. It won't show what date is it, only calendar icon

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Now it's not seeing my SD card! I just put it in my computer and it works fine. But once in the phone it shows "not found"

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

"desktop version" view is not working in IE11. Anyone else having the same issue?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

The only problem i had so far was no cortana after update, but apparently that was because i did not want to use the recommended settings for web browser.. After i did choose to work with the recommended settings cortana appeared automatically so i was happy :D

Halamadrid007

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Lost my cellular and wifi data on my 920. I can get calls and text messages. Cellular data has a blank APN, I can't save a new one. Wifi says "try again later" when I try to turn it on. Tried soft-resetting, toggling airplane mode.
I have excatly same problem, plz someone tell me what to do tried multiple times soft reset without luck.. im from Finland and my carrier is DNA .. otherwise phone workd like butter

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

microphone not working after upgrading to Windows 8.1 - Nokia 925

Whenever I need to use the default microphone on my phone, it is no longer recording anything at all, unless you are using a wired headset.

eg. Even for Whats App voice record function, it wont work unless you use your wired headset as microphone, THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!

But normal phone call or skype call will still work with the default microphone.

I have seen some other users having this problem.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

i have HERE MAPS. WHY THE HELL cant i uninstall MICROSOFT MAPS.
And i have PODCAST. DONT NEED THAT, WANT TO UNINSTALL -> NOT ALLOWED. THANK YOU MS FOR CRAP APPS. Its starting to become android with apps preinstalled I DO WANT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12