Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Did someone had this bug?I turned off my data connection,but when I pull down the notification center,it is still showing 3g?I tried using the ie if its using the 3g,but its not working.I'm just not sure if this 3g symbol will drain my battery even though my data connection is off.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

I had to workaround this by adding a load of pictures to my favorites, going into settings, setting the tile to all photos and shuffling, checking the tile had photos on, removing all the photos from favorites, and it kept them on the tile still. Just don't shuffle again after that, you'll be ruined...

Are you storing your photos on an SD Card by any chance?
well, I'll try and yeah, are stored in both and both has problem!

Bagy88

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I cannot open any mail through the mail app -.- has anyone a similar problem?

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

I tried downloading it but my phone restarted and is showing me update again...

cheriyk

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

HTC 8x

- Selecting Internet Explorer advanced settings automatically kicks you back to previous page (browser pane). When selected from settings -> applications, it crashes back to settings list. Tried multiple resets and reset without backups
- Reading view shows blank screen on all websites tested(bbc.co.uk, arstechnica.com, guardian.co.uk)

Appreciate if a fellow 8x owner can test and confirm...

Thanks (oh, and btw, first post here :smile:)

Bagy88

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

HTC 8x

- Selecting Internet Explorer advanced settings automatically kicks you back to previous page (browser pane). When selected from settings -> applications, it crashes back to settings list. Tried multiple resets and reset without backups
- Reading view shows blank screen on all websites tested(bbc.co.uk, arstechnica.com, guardian.co.uk)

Can confirm, i have the same problems with my htc 8x

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Not an HTC 8X owner, but I am an HTC 8S owner and I'm having the same problems. Not only that, if a website is too "heavy" (not mobile version) IE crashes.For example if i go to Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs and scroll for a few seconds IE will crash.

Tried multiple resets and it didn't help. Will try now without restoring my backups.

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

HTC 8x

Confirmed.

TonytheEE

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

So, I installed the 8.1 update on my 8xt, and I have a pretty constant problem with the screen not waking up until about 5-10 full seconds after I hit the power button, or not at all. The screen just stays dark.

Anyone having this problem?

TonytheEE

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Having a similar issue on my 8xt. I'm gonna try a Soft Reset to see if that helps.

ethermite

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Upon trying to access Advanced Options in Internet Explorers' settings, it crashes out of settings view. Either from within the Applications section of Settings to the start screen or from Settings inside IE back to the current webpage.

Phone: HTC 8x – Win 8.1, UK Three branded, developer unlocked.

usefulshrimp

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi all,

I tried updating my device and the battery went dead during the update.

Now I just get the gears and the battery dies after a few minutes despite being plugged into the wall and charging. So essentially, I’m stuck in a loop – no way to charge the battery fast enough, and no way to pause/cancel the update.

Can anyone help? If I do a hard reset (assuming I can) is that going to mean reinstalling/reconfiguring everything?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

HTC 8x

I'm on an 8XT...Interesting. IE does not crash on PhoneArena's website, scrolled up and down, zoomed in/out, no issues. I also can go into the Advanced Settings in IE just fine.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

So, I installed the 8.1 update on my 8xt, and I have a pretty constant problem with the screen not waking up until about 5-10 full seconds after I hit the power button, or not at all. The screen just stays dark.

Anyone having this problem?

I've also been having this problem. Not sure if it's directly related to wifi timeout issue, or if it's a separate bug caused by the device "going to sleep". Is your wifi turning off also?

cheriyk

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Upon trying to access Advanced Options in Internet Explorers' settings, it crashes out of settings view.....

Yep..

Another one for me.. Photos added as favourite pre-upgrade cannot be removed. It disappears from the screen and then is back where it was when you get into the screen again. Photos added as favourites after the updates don't have this feature

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't happen immediately. Try opening more heavy websites and clicking on links.

THis is really frustrating since IE is the app I use the most

Booston

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Hi all,

I tried updating my device and the battery went dead during the update.

Now I just get the gears and the battery dies after a few minutes despite being plugged into the wall and charging. So essentially, I?m stuck in a loop ? no way to charge the battery fast enough, and no way to pause/cancel the update.

Can anyone help? If I do a hard reset (assuming I can) is that going to mean reinstalling/reconfiguring everything?

BeastMD

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Having issues with wifi, on my WPA2 work router it will see the AP fine but when I try to connect it says the AP did not respond. If I connect quickly to a Mifi device and then connect to the work AP its fine and works. Hope I dont run into issues at home. MS really needs to get their stuff together. I knew it would not be perfect but come on. So far for me cortana has been pretty useless as well. This is on a brand new icon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos