Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Interesting, I missed the step in the upgrade where it said it was required to do a Hard Reset...please point me to the documentation where it says its required.

Oh, and it's the first post on this thread, so in a way it's a requirement for this forum.. And he's a moderator, but again.. do what you want, I guess.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Interesting, I missed the step in the upgrade where it said it was required to do a Hard Reset...please point me to the documentation where it says its required.

Sure. That documentation you can find on Bing.com. It's called "common sense" - see if you can find it. Will be a worthy read.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Change region. Language. Read forum posts and sticky and front page article explaining step by step.

Andrew Churchill

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

The wallet app won't open. I'll click it, and nothing will happen. It's been like this ever since I updated, which is a problem because I used it all the time!

chrisscannibalism

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

My default podcast app won't open! It's like it didn't even download or something. I just did a hard reset & it still isn't opening. Would there be a link so I can get it by any chance? Please & thank you!

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I have no cortana in application seting and everytime i turn it on it automatically turns off and there is no app installed on the app list, I already tried changing the language and region, even changed my microsoft region but still no signs of Cortana :(

Last edited:

noknok79

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

i noticed bugs or its because im using preview, was not able to add other for notification action?

and so sad, they've removed direct Facebook integration? it also removed direct viewing pictures on my FB contact/friends, you need to launch FB apps instead? huhuhu :(

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Sure. That documentation you can find on Bing.com. It's called "common sense" - see if you can find it. Will be a worthy read.

No no, you're the mod who called members of the forum 'lazy' for following the process documented by Microsoft...accept responsibility for your words and labels.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

I hugely recommend a hard reset after the install. It is always the case with Dev Preview or any WP update. A hard reset post installation will fix most of these "bugs".

I didn't do it with Amber/GRD2 nor with the Preview for Developers and GRD3 with my 810.
Microsoft doesn't say it's necessary & if you're not having issue -and I had no issue with those two updates -"always the case"
I think not, but if you're having issues, it "might" help. :wink:

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

So I performed my 3rd hard reset. This time, I chose not to turn on wifi or sign in to my Outlook account. After all was set up, I deleted all HTC apps. Turned on wifi and left the phone locked for over a half hour. Turned back on with no problems. Signed in to Outlook and locked phone for a few minutes. The problem with unlocking and wifi crashing are back.

mihirt7

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I cant seem to find the + button next to the word when I type a word. When I highlight it doesnt show anything, tried swiping to the left (nothing).
Tried different apps like onenote, whatsapp,outlook etc, still nothing..
Also tried resetting custom dictionary. Has anyone seen this issue, if so how did you fix it?

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

The find my phone option in the settings list doesn't work, when you tap it you'll get back to the settings page.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if this is a bug or issue going on.
Apps are not getting automatically updated.
Any body have this problem?
When I force check for updates it says "already checking for updates"I am getting this message from last night
My wifi was on last night still none of the apps got updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos