Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Working on getting rid of this error pop up which I get every time I go into my mail. I'm receiving my Gmail just fine, just can't seem to get rid of this annoying pop up.

wp_ss_20140414_0001.jpg (97.4 KB)

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140414_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140414_0001.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 5

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Power button delay is killing me. I have an Icon and it's about 2, maybe 3 seconds to turn on. Before 8.1 it was instant. Most disappointing bug on this update.

gomes920

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Working on getting rid of this error pop up which I get every time I go into my mail. I'm receiving my Gmail just fine, just can't seem to get rid of this annoying pop up.

wp_ss_20140414_0001.jpg (97.4 KB)

I think I have this error everytime I change my account password. All I've done to fix this is to update the password for that account in my Windows Phone. It usually works.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

So far the two main issues I have run into on my ATT 1520....the power button or volume rocker doesn't respond and when I wake my phone up and its charging....it says "resuming" and takes a few minutes....did a couple of resets and will see how it goes.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Any other HTC users notice their HTC tile, that the Time isn't updating? Uses the last reboot time and stays there? Its 8:24CT, and my HTC tile says 5:07pm which was the last reboot after uninstalling Weather.

BuckeyeCelt

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone been able to sign on to their MS account on their phone that has 2 factor turned on?

Mohit dutta

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

i had this problem too.... for me it was becuase the brightness was set to automatic ...try changing the brightness
hoe that helps

Matthew Mason

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I've got the same issue with my default podcast app, also saw a separate forum post with someone else that's got that issue.

dv220s

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

After making a phone call, the screen freezes on the Lumia 920. Frustrating bug. And performance seems to be an issue somewhat. It needs a little more polish but its great.

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

On Sprint's ATIV S Neo... there's no option in settings to update network profile. Very big omission in case network problems take place...

Trevin Colburn

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Lumia Icon runs hot with 4G, etc. turned off as well as background apps and drained from 68%-18% after the update :(

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I have cortana in application seting and everytime i turn it on it automatically turns off and there is no app installed on the app list, I already tried changing the language and region, even changed my microsoft region but still no signs of Cortana :(

Don't forget to turn on your location services. Cortana is dependent on it.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Well, looks like i'll be waiting at least until the first patch to fix all the issues before I attempt the update. Happy I held off. To all encountering issues, thanks for sharing and I hope they get resolved asap!

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Power button delay is killing me. I have an Icon and it's about 2, maybe 3 seconds to turn on. Before 8.1 it was instant. Most disappointing bug on this update.

Seems to be a common issue for Icon users. Will hopefully be fixed in short order.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Mines all working great now on my Lumia 1520. Store is now working too(UK) and the whole update is working as it should. I do think the Music app is slightly slower than before but nothing to make it unusable. All I can say now is I've got no issues left. My Gmail didn't work at first till I realised my date and time were wrong. I find the OS is now faster as is IE11. One bugbear of mine is why isn't IE11 uploading photos like MS said it would??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99