Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

There seems to be a consensus regarding the delay to wake up the phone(icon). Its a good 3 or 4 seconds for me and pre 8.1 it was instant. Surprisingly enough this is my most annoying feature I've found so far. Does anyone's phone wake instantly when the power is pressed?

usefulshrimp

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi all,

I tried updating my device and the battery went dead during the update.

Now I just get the gears and the battery dies after a few minutes despite being plugged into the wall and charging. So essentially, I’m stuck in a loop – no way to charge the battery fast enough, and no way to pause/cancel the update.

Can anyone help? If I do a hard reset (assuming I can) is that going to mean reinstalling/reconfiguring everything?

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

cortana not conversing or making witty remarks. cortana speaks only when headphones are connected. situation is same whether or not connected via wifi or data.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

there seems to be a consensus regarding the delay to wake up the phone(icon). Its a good 3 or 4 seconds for me and pre 8.1 it was instant. Surprisingly enough this is my most annoying feature i've found so far. Does anyone's phone wake instantly when the power is pressed?
sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

On Sprint's ATIV S Neo... there's no option in settings to update network profile. Very big omission in case network problems take place...

This is part of the Sprint's firmware, I believe. Unfortunately you will have to wait for Sprint's OTA.

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

On Sprint's ATIV S Neo... there's no option in settings to update network profile. Very big omission in case network problems take place...

I noticed that I was a little sad to see that.. I had issues activating mine and took forever to figure it out... but yeah nothing it sucks

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

To everyone having an issue with the power button delay and/or connectivity issues: Try turning off Advertising ID. Working for me so far. Installing apps right now to see if anything else effects it. Also, I STRONGLY recommend doing a soft reset and making sure it's still turned off. Some features like wifi may have been disabled and won't be available until after you reset.

WPBrony

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Found a new one for Lumina 520.. Internet Rxplorer video player messes up alot on YouTube, I have to refresh page couple of times to get videos to work :p

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site

There are 4 windows phones in my house, two of them mine and my gf's, two my parents. We all wanted Cortana, me and my gf changed our language settings and all that before we updated, we got Cortana. However I updated my parents first and then tried to change the language settings to the English united states one, and the "phone language" option underniether doesn't carry over. It will for any language except that one :( I've tried every combination I could think of, even changing everything to Canada, restartig and trying to change everything to US and after hours it hasn't worked. So stumped

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Wrong notification chime/sound is played while plugging in/laying down to charge. Not sure if bug or dumb decision to change.

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

There are 4 windows phones in my house, two of them mine and my gf's, two my parents. We all wanted Cortana, me and my gf changed our language settings and all that before we updated, we got Cortana. However I updated my parents first and then tried to change the language settings to the English united states one, and the "phone language" option underniether doesn't carry over. It will for any language except that one :( I've tried every combination I could think of, even changing everything to Canada, restartig and trying to change everything to US and after hours it hasn't worked. So stumped

Check your keyboard if it only shows English, add another one, remove the English and then re-add English United States, check for an update, that should work granting you already have set your Microsoft live account to US, Language and Region

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

To everyone having an issue with the power button delay and/or connectivity issues: Try turning off Advertising ID. Working for me so far. Installing apps right now to see if anything else effects it. Also, I STRONGLY recommend doing a soft reset and making sure it's still turned off. Some features like wifi may have been disabled and won't be available until after you reset.

In addition, as much as SOME may not want to do so, a hard reset (possibly including starting with a fresh phone) may be required. I realize this may not be part of Microsoft's "update instructions", but I've also visited the MSDN forums and this is a step that their mods are recommending as well (so don't get pissy when a WPCentral mod calls you "lazy" for not doing so.)

Clint Finch

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I normally plug my phone in to the aux jack in my truck to listen to music while driving. I usually have my lg hsb7000 bt headphones connected so I can use Hey DJ voice commands. Now, with Cortana, I've noticed when I give her a command verbally, her audio will not output over my speakers via Aux cable. Bug or something not set right?

Ex14

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

1. Wifi Sense setting "disappearing" from Wifi Settings <- Might be Region Specific
  2. Sharing from Photos App doesn't bring up other apps like Twitter etc.
WP_20140415.png
WP_20140415 1.png

Hardresetted countless times and still the same :(

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

how the hell do you save photos to sky drive now? :/ in wp8 u wud select the photo and choose save to skydrive...

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

how the hell do you save photos to sky drive now? :/ in wp8 u wud select the photo and choose save to skydrive...

For now you have to create a Room, and share to the Room. I made one called Photo uploads just so I can upload if I need to.

Ex14

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It's automatic.....Only if you used your camera to take the picture, if not it seems we have to upload through the one drive app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs