Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

There seems to be a consensus regarding the delay to wake up the phone(icon). Its a good 3 or 4 seconds for me and pre 8.1 it was instant. Surprisingly enough this is my most annoying feature I've found so far. Does anyone's phone wake instantly when the power is pressed?

Mine has no such issue Lumia 1520

mehsdomi

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

To fix the Gmail syncing bug disable calendar sync to fix the issue...thanks!

Gibreel Abdullah

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

I am using Nokia Lumia 520 windows phone 8.1
Even when screen rotation is locked, screen rotates in the about section of settings.(At least in my phone it does that)

Jaden Salh

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I'm having issues with the Notification center displaying anything else but built in apps. For example, I see notifications for Messaging, Email, Store, etc. But, I don't see Facebook, Twitter, or any other 3rd party app notification. I've updated to the latest Facebook app. Still nothing. Anyone else?

im having this same issue...any ideas?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

• XBOX Avatar does not download in games, crashes occasionally
• Sometimes Cortana will indicate no internet connection, despite being connected to the internet over WiFi
• Photos Hub will not load all photos on an SD Card that is near full capacity due to changes in the OS now storing thumbnails on the card, which require more space than available.
• IE11 will occasionally "flash" while loading a url, freeze for .5 seconds, then restart the url loading process

Will post more as found
I'm having issues with the Notification center displaying anything else but built in apps. For example, I see notifications for Messaging, Email, Store, etc. But, I don't see Facebook, Twitter, or any other 3rd party app notification. I've updated to the latest Facebook app. Still nothing. Anyone else?

You must first launch the app and set up notifications, post-system update, for it to appear in notifications+actions settings and the notification center.
  1. Sharing from Photos App doesn't bring up other apps like Twitter etc.

Same. Twitter showed up when i had the app uninstalled, but tapping it told me to install twitter and took me to the store (booooo), and post install it disappeared.

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

Whatsapp now needs to be enabled in background inorder to receive messages. that was not the case before update.. has anyone checked this...

Harsh Shendre

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Full HD videos can no longer be played on Lumia 620 I guess its same for all low end devices

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

There seems to be a consensus regarding the delay to wake up the phone(icon). Its a good 3 or 4 seconds for me and pre 8.1 it was instant. Surprisingly enough this is my most annoying feature I've found so far. Does anyone's phone wake instantly when the power is pressed?

Uninstalling (Bing) Weather solved all my crash issues, phone wake up delays & hangs...I'll be leaving that app off my phone. My battery drain has also completely stopped, and I've had zero crashes, lock up's or wifi issues since.

Not saying it'll fix everything, but, removing that one app has make a big difference in my phone's stability.

tushh vaishnav

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

my nokia lumia 520 is restarting after preview for developer update 8.1......it juz shows blank screen...phone is not working..plz help.....

Jaden Salh

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Checked all the apps, all have notification settings on. My dad, who updated his 520, had all of his notifications in the action center without having to configure anything.

wonder if it's just a bug within the update that i'll have to tough out.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Mine was quite the opposite. My 810 is not only faster (no joke), but instantly resumes too, whereas pre-8.1 it took 1 - 2 seconds.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Checked all the apps, all have notification settings on. My dad, who updated his 520, had all of his notifications in the action center without having to configure anything.

It shows up in settings only after the phone receives at least one notification from that app

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I know on mine, I had no notification center options from 3rd party apps until I received an initial notification. Of course if you're not receiving notifications from the app itself, that may be an entirely different issue.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

sometimes even opening notification the notification banner is there only.
i need to clear it manually.

Jaden Salh

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I know on mine, I had no notification center options from 3rd party apps until I received an initial notification. Of course if you're not receiving notifications from the app itself, that may be an entirely different issue.

very true, 6snap received a notification earlier today and it didn't pop up in the center. Quite possible that it was a notification before the update. Going to try a reinstall of some apps and see if that'll do the trick

anon(8561415)

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

I guess I'm lucky not having most of these issues. Mine had a few glitches here and there, and I soft reset about 3 times and got most of them working fine, except the three minor ones here:

1. Bluetooth Connectivity dropping: Connection to Bluetooth drops occasionally and takes a while to connect back up. It happens more often than before, where it rarely happened. Today it happened about 4 times within a span of an hour worth of driving.

2. When Cortana is connected to Bluetooth, the control to activate Cortana goes through to the phone and the screen says it's listening, but sometimes no sound is heard indicating that it is listening. Also, when I speak in that case, Cortana does not pick up what I say at all. Also, it drains a lot of battery. I don't know if this is a Bluetooth issue or Cortana issue.

3. Cortana: No alarm function is working. Cortana gives me this error every time I try to set any type of alarm (wake me up in ... minutes, set an alarm for ... minutes, etc.): "Something went wrong. Try again in a little bit." (8000ffff). It's been like this for the entire day. However, reminder works flawlessly, so it has to do with just the alarm-specific functions.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Mine was quite the opposite. My 810 is not only faster (no joke), but instantly resumes too, whereas pre-8.1 it took 1 - 2 seconds.
Agreed, my 810 has been working better than Update 3 preview and even better than my Lumia 920 on the developer preview (could be because I'd reset the 810 but not the 920)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99