Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Oh, dear, reading all this makes me feel I'm one of the few lucky ones. :) No issues whatsoever on my Lumia 620, other than some minor "loading" this or that and it sometimes stutters a bit, but that's not something to freak over. Other than the fact that it FAILED to update the phone on the first run (after the initial small pre-8.1 update). Downloaded, prepared, restarted, failed, nagged me, downloaded again and it went smoothly. Took two restarts to get everything going swimmingly. Sure, the immediate experience was VERY laggy but after the restart almost all of it is gone.

And, of course, "Show more tiles" on Lumia 620 is present but SO unusable unless you have zoom in your eyes. Way too small. Which was to be expected on a 3,8" screen.

Music app took forever to index all of my songs from the SD card and it was laggy but now it works. So, give your phone some time to figure everything out and restart it occasionally to get rid of those digital gremlins that accumulate over time. :)

fzkpfw

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys, i wanna ask something..

i was about to do a hard reset on my phone, but i forgot it has only 25% battery left..
the i plugged it to power and i do the reset.. after several minutes, the screen only shows red battery and charging indicator,, and still
is that okay? or???

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

no no sir.
i have checked it.
its actually showing Jan 5th instead of May 1st.
here is the screenshot.
this is happening only with one contact, and that is my wife.View attachment 62574

i got your problem buddy you might have added wrong birth date in your wife's contact which is stored in your live id.
try editing it from mobile if it is not changing go to live.com via pc and in people hub change your wife's date of birth.

scottishhaggis

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Does anybody have issue with headphones? Mines are only playing left ear. Was perfectly fine on 8.0. Checked same headphones with laptop, which is fine too.

Anybody?

Franco Loyola

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

My Wi-Fi in the notification center goes to limited and I have to restart it everytime it does that.
Store says some error and I have three updates lined up which I'm not able to.
I have no cortana :( even after I changed my region to the U.S.

I don't want to soft or hard reset my phone for the above problems. If there will be a bug fix update later tonight or tomorrow it would be very much appreciated! 👌👍

I have the same issue with the WiFi. But just home, not at work... So I think is something related to the router config, not sure what though :(

For Cortana change the language to English US as well

Benito Sifuentes

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Sprint doesn't activate correctly. Under the cellular + SIM there shows no active network.. I got my phone up and running works great but it just doesn't update the information.

wp_ss_20140415_0001.jpg wp_ss_20140415_0002.jpg

cheeseinapod

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Audio on the left output channel only occurs maybe every second time I restart?
OS seems to crash a lot when using the Messaging hub.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

i got your problem buddy you might have added wrong birth date in your wife's contact which is stored in your live id.
try editing it from mobile if it is not changing go to live.com via pc and in people hub change your wife's date of birth.
hey buddy, dont make fun of me.
u really beleive i have entered wrong birthdate, that of my wife and i am still alive?

i am checking it all the way possible.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

And, of course, "Show more tiles" on Lumia 620 is present but SO unusable unless you have zoom in your eyes. Way too small. Which was to be expected on a 3,8" screen.

Too small on my 820's 4.3" screen too so don't feel too bad. It just wasn't designed for those screen sizes.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

another thing noted.
after moving the apps and games to SD Card, their size on disk increases. WhatsApps moved, it's size gone all the way from 430 MB to 553 MB.
Angry Birds Rio moved, size went up from 83 MB to 107 MB.

Peter Turnansky

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue with the WiFi. But just home, not at work... So I think is something related to the router config, not sure what though :(

For Cortana change the language to English US as well

I have the same problem my wifi range is lower as was before :(

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

hey buddy, dont make fun of me.
u really beleive i have entered wrong birthdate, that of my wife and i am still alive?

i am checking it all the way possible.

No buddy I am not making fun of you after all we are humans we sometime's do mistake.
Cause only in your live id it is shown 5th Jan so I told you cross check if you had entered it wrong.
Nevermind.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I have a 520. The update completed without any problems. After the update as mentioned by some of the users here I did a hard reset and now it won't let me sign in via live id. "Try again after sometime" why is that so?

Check the time setting. If the time is off this can stop you logging in.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

No buddy I am not making fun of you after all we are humans we sometime's do mistake.
Cause only in your live id it is shown 5th Jan so I told you cross check if you had entered it wrong.
Nevermind.
i was kidding.
i checked in Outlook.com online, it's correct. it actually shows May 1, 1986.
i checked FB also (from my account and from hers too.) it shows correctly.
gonna try changing regional + language settings for some different country such as UK and will see if helps.
i will post if i found something more like this.

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

The calendar app still shows on multi tasking window even after closing it. Anyone else experience this?

iammarkcorella

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I've the same problem regarding WiFi. Before 8.1, I was able to connect to our router that's mileeeeees away, but now, it seems to have been having a problem connecting despite being just a few feet away. But other than that, I love the 8.1, using 1520 btw. :) Hope all the bugs will get fixed soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss