Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Just updated my Lumia 720. Took some time, but it went off smoothly. No glitches thus far - though admittedly, I don't use too many apps. No Cortana for me - region problem, I guess (in the UK). But everything else seems to work just fine. In fact, phone seems a bit snappier. Love the Notifications - hightime we had it on WP, and now we do and it has been well executed for the most part. Would have liked to have a default Time app too. But hey! One can't always keep complaining! Will update on battery consumption as the day progresses! Cheers!

EvilSherlock

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly reporting a bug here.....but does the "Double Tap to Wake" feature work properly after 8.1 update (LUMIA 720)

Last edited:

avigyan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

I have a question. I have updated to WP8.1 and now if I do a hard reset, will it revert back to WP8 or will it remain 8.1?

ReignOfComputer

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

All notifications now vibrate the phone x3. It used to vibrate x1 for messaging, x2 for emails, and x3 for apps. Terrible for me as my phone is always on silent, I rely on the vibration to inform me what kind of notification is received.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I cannot take screenshot with volume up nd power key.I even tried soft reset still no help.so I guess I have to leave that functionality.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

weedog1889

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone having browser probs. Works fine at home hooked into my WiFi but not when I'm out.. Uc browser works fine cortana can search and I can still connect here but my ie11 just don't wanna play when I'm out and about. Does anyone have any tips.. P.s. I already tried soft reset

BugiardoLR

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

When i set my region to US to get cortana my phone gets a little laggy when going to the start from another app , but when i set it to my real region the phone works without a hiccup.
Lumia 720.

imbasaurus

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

What i have notices so far, sometimes the live tile of wp central is transparent (when you have background photo on start) sometimes it's my theme color (i.e crimson) strange since i have set it to match the accent of my selected theme, anyone else experiencing this??

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I cannot take screenshot with volume up nd power key.I even tried soft reset still no help.so I guess I have to leave that functionality.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

It can be quite tricky at first. I took a while to figure it out. Keep trying, you'll eventually get a hang of it.

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
My sleep wake button keeps not working. It will do a soft reset, but wont wake the phone. Doesn't always happen, but have had to enable double tap to wake for the times it does

Last edited:

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone having browser probs. Works fine at home hooked into my WiFi but not when I'm out.. Uc browser works fine cortana can search and I can still connect here but my ie11 just don't wanna play when I'm out and about. Does anyone have any tips.. P.s. I already tried soft reset
Got exactly the same problem here. Can't connect over data with IE11, but I can connect the web with Nokia Xpress and everything else is working (mails and apps over data). So if somebody have a tip here...

Stijn Geens

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

My 8X seems to be slower and laggy; suddenly the smooth workflow is gone... so disappointing.
If they don't fix this I would like to go back to 8.0 :(

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't have an SD card...Lumia 920. Any idea where I find the file I saved using IE??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre