everything Works fine except ONE thing

- screen flashes like crazy for 5 sec. after every restart/turn on

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

bcs cortana is not made for india yet
if u use here drive + direct u will get the answer
anyway i ll wait for cortana to come india .........
except this windows phone 8.1 is rocking for me now ....

Is your calender, video, music app working properly???

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Although it seems to be a problem only for a minority, I'm still having delays with pressing the power button on my Icon. I did a hard reset, did not restore from backup and only added a couple programs. It was good for a while, but now I'm getting a 1-2 second delay. Someone mentioned Bing Weather could be a cause, but I don't have that installed.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Everything's perfect so far except the battery life and the heat... Very hot after using a while and hence battery's drained like hell... L920

Rahul D1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

yapppp

calender is showing weather, upcoming bday notifications alll i need
vedios work great
and music now i can create playlist without using my laptop.....n all music is playong perfectly

Rahul D1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

bro go to battery saver and not allowed app to work in in background except u need it will help u?????

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Stop Music not working for me, Tried 3 different apps, let me know if someone is able to use it.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

cortana not conversing or making witty remarks. cortana speaks only when headphones are connected. situation is same whether or not connected via wifi or data.

your main mike is probably down, some others here reported a similar issue

DonnaxNL

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm such a loser.. I only knew hard reset.. So lost all my data.. Most depressed about my WhatsApp chat history :crying:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

I'm such a loser.. I only knew hard reset.. So lost all my data.. Most depressed about my WhatsApp chat history :crying:

oops. sorry for u. dont blaim urself so much. everybody has done it at least once in his life.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

1. Can't find FM radio. Radio in Music App opnes mixes.
2. "Project my screen" is not working on my L720. It says wireless Projection is not possbile on my phone but even when I connect using USB 2.0, screen startys operation automatically(It goes wierld)
3. Unable to unlock screen when Narrator is turned on.

These are the bugs I found out till now.

try findind FM Radio in the app list. it's listed in F.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I got a notification for a new email while locked. I went to the email, deleted it, and it sent me back to my start screen. The touch screen was unresponsive. I kept tapping and nothing happened. Would not scroll... Noting. Then I locked and unlocked it. Everything I had trapped was open. Not quite sure what happened, but I can't reproduce it.

Stijn Geens

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

The Word Flow keyboard is not working on my 8X, even after a hard reset. (keyboard language: dutch)

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

I have lost Nokia Black on my 920 after a hard reset. Under Extras+Info I have Nokia Enhancements 1.1.33.5. H ave also lost all the music I had on the device.

UPDATE: Okay, numpty point for me. Updated Nokia system apps and all my beloved functionality has returned.

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Anyone else having to manually close battery sense and the facebook app? Seem to be the only ones that wont close normally using the back button.

Mohammad Alwan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

The color quality of the screen in the lumia 920 seems to be washed out... No more saturated and beautiful colors!!!!

rcballa12

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

**Downloading Maps & Progress Bar Accuracy**
-- Lumia 929 (Icon)--

After Updating: Florida map would downlaod to 86%, then cut out. Upon resume, message indicator displays less than 1MB remaining on download. Download would never complete.
-------------------RESET PHONE-------------------------
After Resetting: Florida map downloads to 86%, then finishes. Map shows as downloaded and installed.

I guess this bug is actually two. The first with downloading of the maps. The second being the inaccurate progress bar.

UPDATE: Seeing as how this thread contains zero duplicate reports of the map issue, perhaps I was attempting this download while Nokia was updating their servers with new map data released today Offline Map data updated for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

Another possible bug:
When backing up settings and apps on 8.1, Microsoft servers recognize device as a Lumia 927.

Another bug: HTML5 Youtube player stays open when navigating to another page. Phone got super hot with the player running in the background. Battery zapped from 90% to 75% in 10 minutes.

Same issue with the maps download (86% then complete). Also it took an awfully long time to download.

rcballa12

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, I never expected that to work...Sprint barely got that working in 8.0...no way it was gonna make the transition to 8.1 without work on their side...that's the price of the Preview I'm afraid.

Works on AT&T, 1020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs