Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Geofencing - L920 Triggers only fire for reminders 10-15 minutes after crossing a fence. Haven't been able to get it to fire any closer to a fence crossing. All tracking settings on. This could just be how it works but "remind me to get bread when I'm near my favorite store" set a reminder with a pre-set address and everything. It finally fired after getting home ten minutes later. I don't believe this is how they intended for this to work.

Social integration - I'm sure I'm not the only one mentioning this but I thought I would add my experience. L920
1) Calendar tile still shows next FB event regardless of attending or not. Unchecking "invited" in the facebook sync list in the calendar settings fixed this.​
2) The FB app doesn't register my selection of "attending" "Maybe" or "Not Attending". The OS integration from 8.0 worked every single time when selecting attendance for an event. This allowed me to use my FB calender seamlessly with my WP8. This bug in the app makes FB integration with the calendar useless. I have tried syncing through the app. Doesn't fix it but it does update what I have changed through my PC web browser. I haven't tried leaving the app on in the background because it devours my battery. Considering when I press the "attending" button it doesn't actually register the button press, I doubt this would fix it. Considering this was a well advertised feature in the past and they decided to kill it, this replacement needs to work perfectly. It doesn't.​

tjecco

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

only bug i had so far,

going into games hub it begins to refresh and becomes sluggish,

Other than that nothing else,

edit: I forgot, Nokia Mixradio doesn't work

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Battery sense is a great new app on windows phone 8.1 , but whenever I try to exit the back by pressing the back button (from phone settings ) it does not close the app , it's still present in multitasking window. This is not a case with storage sense and other apps. I have to manually close battery sense by swiping down or by taping on the X button.
Is this a bug ?

tlgem

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Same here, also have 1
Ok thanks - 1more possible bug - would have liked to have the vibrate with ringer shut off
Also noticed we have a drop down with 2 volume sliders when you change the volume (arrow pointing down on right) instead of just an option to silence ringer
this sucks IMO

sinu007

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

the bug i found is that i am unable to connect to internet with my wifi .authentication is failing after setting proxy.Now iam unable to connect to my institute's wifi.

KRS WP8_1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

[Title]: Notification center switch/toggle.
[Feature defect]: The notifications area appears fine while swiping down the finger from the top. However if i have to close the notification area, a blind swip from the botom does not do the job, i need to be precisely holding on small white bar on the notification area window divider at the bottom, this is annoying, as the divider itself is so thin and i find it easy to use the "back" button to cancell the notification center.
[Device] - HTC 8X.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

My battery is draining really fast. Didn't last even 3 hours. Recharging the battery is taking ages. It took more than 4 hours to charge. It just sucks!
Most probably it will, until you turn off some 'allowed' apps updates in the Settings > Battery Saver > Usage.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

[Feature defect]: The notifications area appears fine while swiping down the finger from the top. However if i have to close the notification area, a blind swip from the botom does not do the job, i need to be precisely holding on small white bar on the notification area window divider at the bottom, this is annoying, as the divider itself is so thin and i find it easy to use the "back" button to cancell the notification center.
[Device] - HTC 8X.

Same here !!

davidkhou

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Same here friends. I suspect there's something going on in calendar. Calendar draws from weather, Gmail, and Cortana. It could explain the gmail sync issue, cortana bugs, and weather causing freezes. Also, the lock screen when you wake up your phone has calendar information.

THE DOTS ARE CONNECTING...

Another Icon owner here with the same power button delay issue. I uninstalled Bing Weather and it seems to have greatly improved the problem.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

[Device] - HTC 8X.
It looks same from both end....a blind swipe from top is not opening the center as well, which looks good.

Anirudh Dwarakanath

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

A couple problems after my update yesterday. I own an International 8X in India, and though the update download took a long time, installation got over relatively quickly at around 20 minutes. I noticed my phone has become a tad slower than before, visible especially through the boot time, which takes over 10 seconds more. After installation, my phone was very jittery and laggy, and scrolling up and down was not smooth. This problem has been solved after a few restarts. Now,
Another wierd thing is that my phone used to report a system size of 2.3 GB, [WP 8 Update 3]. After the update was installed, I found that the system took up 3.95 GB of space. A couple of restarts later, it read 3.5 GB. But now, after changing my location to US and getting Cortana, this has gone back to 2.6GB. Though the second drop is somewahat explained, the first does not sound right.
Also, the notification centre is difficult to push back up, ie, the bottom bar has to be pressed a while.
The htc clock lags behind phone time, for firmware reasons.
Overall UI is smooth, though it is not as smooth as before.
My battery life has, however, not become bad, and with minimal use it dropped only about how much it used to pre-8.1.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

My data connection indicator just showed back up after being removed and the vibrate icon moved over some.

NormanM86

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

My battery is draining really fast. Didn't last even 3 hours. Recharging the battery is taking ages. It took more than 4 hours to charge. It just sucks!

MY Lumia 1020 is also draining fast. only got around 5 hours use on whatsapp today, and had to recharge. This was with the battery saver turned on as well.
Other than that, no issues with 8.1, Cortana works great.
The geofencing should be working correctly when its realeased worldwide, i can get mine to work, but the location settings trigger a few minutes after they should. No biggie on this.
But the battery drain sucks. I am hoping that having opened every single app en setting will now fix this, as i had to do this with my previous 920 before it settled.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Another Icon owner here with the same power button delay issue. I uninstalled Bing Weather and it seems to have greatly improved the problem.
On my Icon, it worked if I set Cortana as 'Not allowed' in the background in battery saver and then soft reset the phone.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

is this how you see yours as well...the "other" storage looks diff on 2 apps, storage sense and storage check

wp_ss_20140415_0002.png
wp_ss_20140415_0001.png

kra1o5

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

At the moment only have one "issue" after update to 8.1

I have this: xf43yr.png

Because I have Virtual Operator.

aliencatos

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

same here, avertthing is working great, I can access the store download apps, go on onedrive, it's only in IE11 and only on mobile network, on wifi, it's working ok... any clue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss