Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Battery sense is a great new app on windows phone 8.1 , but whenever I try to exit the back by pressing the back button (from phone settings ) it does not close the app , it's still present in multitasking window. This is not a case with storage sense and other apps. I have to manually close battery sense by swiping down or by taping on the X button.
Is this a bug ?
is not a bug, is the new implementation of windows phone 8.1 apps keep running in background, that app is optimized for 8.1 that's why it keeps running, the only way to close it is with the x or swipe down!

silverdoe

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

After installing 8.1, I tried the new Action Center & go through some settings, but realized the phone hadn't prompted to migrate data, so I restarted, it went through 7 steps to migrate data. But now some of the supposed built-in apps are missing: the Games hub (don't know bout this since all games now listed outside anyway), Music app (including Podcast, tried installing from the Store, it downloaded, but failed to install after saying "restoring data" with error 80073cf3), built-in email clients (Yahoo!, Gmail, Outlook, all crashed after launched, still receiving new emails notif in the center, though! LOL), Battery saver, Calendar, and of course Cortana (region & language are US before & after update, can go to settings/Cortana, enable it, but back out and it never turns on).
Somehow I feel that I was still halfway through the 8.1 update because the missing apps are the ones getting revamped with 8.1, but the phone said everything is done, then started migrating data. Tried going to phone update to check for new ones, no avail. On Lumia 520, build 8.10.12359.845 don't want to hard reset the thing just because of this. Anyone has the same problems?
I also noticed I still received reminders for appointments on calendar, twice for each appointment actually, which makes me come to think that there are 2 calendar apps on my phone right now, the old one and the 8.1 one. The same could be said for other missing apps. How the hell it ended up like this anyway? :(

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

I still cannot open ie11. It just flashes ND doesn't open. Meaning I can't use going or open links seeing as there's no way of changing default apps... This really sucks. Any thoughts?

debasturd

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

The only bug I've found on my 1520 sofar is music won't load it did at first loaded all my music up off my SD card fine but now I can't get it to open it will show the loading screen but send me back to start screen the only way I can play music it's by asking cortana

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

After uninstalling FB and then reinstalling it again. Seem like FB app doesn't give me notification anymore, and in action center settings, I cannot find FB app anymore.

I_m_Snah

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Xbox music is somewhat slow and laggy.
Nokia storyteller messed up everything. Wrong thumbnail but right picture on my story/album. So I uninstalled it for now.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm fine till now. Only I can't get Cortana in Store although I already change region to United states.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

k00ksta

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

After uninstalling FB and then reinstalling it again. Seem like FB app doesn't give me notification anymore, and in action center settings, I cannot find FB app anymore.
Go into the facebook app and choose Settings. Mine show up in there which to turn on and off. Also go into Settings->Battery Saver-> and look for the facebook app and make sure its allowed to run in the background. May help.

Kartik Tripathi

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

There's something wrong with my Cortana since this morning.. No matter what i ask her.. The only reply i get is ' sorry i didn't catch that'..how ever she does reply in text when i type in my query.. Could you guys suggest what the problem might be..

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I went through hell trying to get Xbox Music to work over Bluetooth in my car and just quit and used my cars radio. But it has since been working fine with everything else, could have just been a glitch moment for it. I really hope the update that though cause the interface sucks compared to 8.0. everything else has worked beautifully so far! Quite an awesome update!

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

​I doubt I'm the only person that is experiencing this, but has anyone else noticed that every connection fluctuates wildly? I'm currently watching my LTE connection on my L928 change every second from 1 to 2 to 3 bars, and back down. This occurred on WiFi at home as well.

Maybe the matching firmware update from Nokia will fix this...

Kaushik Poddar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

Have closed like most of the Apps already. Its still draining in an alarming speed. went from 40 to 18 in 15 mins even without using. :(
Most probably it will, until you turn off some 'allowed' apps updates in the Settings > Battery Saver > Usage.

kopte3

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

MY Lumia 1020 is also draining fast. only got around 5 hours use on whatsapp today, and had to recharge. This was with the battery saver turned on as well.
Other than that, no issues with 8.1, Cortana works great.
The geofencing should be working correctly when its realeased worldwide, i can get mine to work, but the location settings trigger a few minutes after they should. No biggie on this.
But the battery drain sucks. I am hoping that having opened every single app en setting will now fix this, as i had to do this with my previous 920 before it settled.
+1 Exactly the same thing on my 1020. Battery didn't last half a day with normal usage and geo fencing is not working at all. :(

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Go into the facebook app and choose Settings. Mine show up in there which to turn on and off. Also go into Settings->Battery Saver-> and look for the facebook app and make sure its allowed to run in the background. May help.

Tried that and still no FB in Action Center setting.
Everything's turned on in FB notification setting
FB's allowed to run in background

But FB still doesn't give me notification anymore, both application itself and Action Center (which is absent in the beginning)
I guess that I might have to hard reset my phone

denispage

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Have problems with:
Photo Hub - have to 'update' all photos many times without boot the phone, didn't save some photos, lag, lag lag (I have +10k photos in camera roll and saved pictures).
Music APP - LAG, LAG, LAG.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

​I doubt I'm the only person that is experiencing this, but has anyone else noticed that every connection fluctuates wildly? I'm currently watching my LTE connection on my L928 change every second from 1 to 2 to 3 bars, and back down. This occurred on WiFi at home as well.

Maybe the matching firmware update from Nokia will fix this...
yes, me too.

avishekghoshlive

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

MS & Nokia should add facebook messenger app back to the message app(the good old feature),need data toggle in action center

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa