Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

SAMSUNG ATIV S - Windows Phone 8.1

everything Works fine except ONE thing

- screen flashes like crazy for 5 sec. after every restart/turn on
Not this problem on my Ativ S, but does your camera work, even after switching to video and back?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Interesting. I haven't noticed the wifi being on or off having any effect on the unlock lag problem on my Icon.

Neither have I. I did a hard reset on my Icon with no backup, didn't install Bing Weather, had wi-fi on and had delays on power button. Shut off wi-fi and thought it was fixed and just now, I had to hold down the power button for about 10 seconds until the shutdown screen came on. I am pretty close to going back to 8.0. It seems that the minority of people who wanted features so WP was "like iPhone or android" got their wish, at the expense of a smooth and stable OS.

Danny King

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Major problems with 8.1 on my Lumia 820.

Firstly, after installing, the Music app was missing completely. At first, I couldn't gain any access to the store, but now I have access, I have tried to re-install the official Microsoft app for Music, but get the error code 80073cf3, and am completely unable to install the music app. Not sure how to get that back.

Secondly, and most importantly, battery life has hit the floor. Absolutely shocking battery performance today, was completely dead by 4pm, normally get to the end of the day just about. Was really surprised as the very poor battery performance.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone,

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 with preview of 8.1 installed.
Is anyone else having trouble with Bluetooth connecting to a heatset or using bluetooth at all?
If I turn bluetooth on I can connect to a headset fine, but every call that comes in or goes out shows "Speaker" mode turned on and can't be turned off.
Then can't hear anything on the phone.
Even adjusted the volume. I have to soft reset the device to return functionality.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

I miss the integrated twitter/facebook/linkedin status update. Now I have no way to share something simultaneously to those 3 social media

I'm VERY happy with this update. The integrated social media being slightly downgraded is well, not a deal breaker. I've barely ever had something that needed to be posted on three places at once. I've no need to see every single update from people reporting on their endeavors buying milk, eating food or working on the car.

kuhio3

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Error 8000ffff using Cortana
So when I use Cortana...seems everything works great until i try to add or set an alarm and then i get this message:
Something is not right, Try again in a little bit: 8000ffff
its really weird...because if i say Open Alarms...Cortana opens my alarms with no problem
I used the app Indigo which has no problem setting my alarm...but cortana throws off this error message....I have tried removing the Indigo app..re-installing it but still no luck getting cortana to add my alarms. I did not try a hard reset because didnt want to go through the setup again and I have searched for the error code and this error code has affected mainly users of 8.0 wp phones

Anyone else having this problem?? Any suggestions

Kuhio

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Not seeing a full list of apps on the notifications+actions settings Under Notifications. I am only seeing Messaging, Microsoft Account(Email), Phone, Store, WPCentral listed. Should I see other apps like facebook and twitter on this list? I first thought this was normal because maybe other apps haven't been updated to take advantage of this new notification system. But then I saw a screenshot on another thread showing this screen with several different apps and had facebook listed. Is there a way to add them? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Also attempted a soft reset.

Arya Satya

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

I'm VERY happy with this update. The integrated social media being slightly downgraded is well, not a deal breaker. I've barely ever had something that needed to be posted on three places at once. I've no need to see every single update from people reporting on their endeavors buying milk, eating food or working on the car.

I know not many people does use it. But for me who almost frequently use it to share articles, news, or something I really miss that function. Now my friends already complained to me for the lack of news they get from my timeline (both fb/twitter). I usually just have to swipe left in weave news reader and shared it with both world. :(

Pavlov Effect

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

on an ativ s with wp 8.1 when opening camera and switching from photo to video multiple times will break it and i have to restart the phone to get it working again :( reset camera won't fix it
same problem also i have flash after taking a photo
and sometimes it reboots the system because of the camera

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Not seeing a full list of apps on the notifications+actions settings Under Notifications. I am only seeing Messaging, Microsoft Account(Email), Phone, Store, WPCentral listed. Should I see other apps like facebook and twitter on this list? I first thought this was normal because maybe other apps haven't been updated to take advantage of this new notification system. But then I saw a screenshot on another thread showing this screen with several different apps and had facebook listed. Is there a way to add them? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Also attempted a soft reset.

When a third party app gives you a notification, they will appear in the notification+action setting to be customized where they didn't appear before.
At least that's what I've experienced with most so far.

officially_juju

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

wp_ss_20140415_0001.png

Album artwork isn't working correctly on the new Nokia Music. lol. Anyone else having this issue?

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

battery life after 8.1 update its not at all better, much worse. need to improve that. wi-fi keeps turning off if not used for more than 3 or 4 minutes, need improvement too, getting very hot in just a few minutes, need a cooler:evil: why isn't word flow working in portuguese??? like it and hope it comes soon(before i just starts writing in chinese...) at the store cant't go to the nokia collection(anyone with this issue?). But i like so many other improvements and hope it gets better fast!!

Christopher Celotto

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

If you have bing weather installed, try uninstalling it, but leaving the wifi on. That might work for you also to "fix" the lagging unlock problem. It did for me on my Icon; but I wasn't experiencing any wifi issues before (or since).

Thank you. Currently trying this method. I disabled wifi a couple of hours ago, seemed to be working much better, then randomly went to go pick up my phone and it wouldn't even turn on. Had to do a soft reset to get an image on the screen.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site

​I doubt I'm the only person that is experiencing this, but has anyone else noticed that every connection fluctuates wildly? I'm currently watching my LTE connection on my L928 change every second from 1 to 2 to 3 bars, and back down. This occurred on WiFi at home as well.

Maybe the matching firmware update from Nokia will fix this...

I've been having connections ever since upgrading to 8.1 and it's frustrating. I'm just trying to be patient hoping that there will be a fix shortly. LTE and Wi-Fi both acting up.

Cigar2

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having problem of updating apps. I've got notices to up date both OneDrive and XBox to update. But the updates crashes in the installation part of update process.

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Oddness with existing office365 email account. Live tile gone, can't pin it again. Appears in notifications however. Too scared to try recreating account as i can't lose this email

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077