Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Everytime I activate the Battery Saver the Location Services are turning on without my intervention.

Aldrin Divera

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

After i receive an update for the games hub yesterday i cannot see anymore my games collection...

Jakeway

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

I had TV shows as video files on my phone. They are still there but I cant work out howe to play them... can see them under Vidoe or Music.

Where have this gone?

muxl

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I've posted that already in this thread -> http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/275540-2.htm
but anyhow I will again write it here:

since i'm using WP8.1, I realised, that if I open a chat in whatsapp, my speaker in the phone (Lumia620) is making a noice like you have no signal in a FM radio station.
it's hearable until I close whatsapp.
the next time I open whatsapp, the sound appears again.
Any idea?

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Everytime I activate the Battery Saver the Location Services are turning on without my intervention.
Could you post the steps to reproduce that, because I cannot.
I deactivated my location (it's off) and then I enabled Battery Saver (Always -limits functionality) and when I went to FB to Check-In it asked me to enable my location services. Therefore, the bug didn't occur here

KRS WP8_1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

[region] France
[device] HTC 8X
[Bug/Issue?] : "Advance setting" button on IE setting does nothing, it brings me back to the main page of "settings" on WP 8.1

KRS WP8_1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

HTC 8X user here. Agreed for the battery drain (but not sure of drain rate).
But 8.1 works like fluid on my device, just loving it[/LEFT]. (The experience could have been delighting, with CORTANA)

KRS WP8_1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Yes, on my HTC 8X. Overal experience - :smile:
Issues/comments:
- No Cortana (atleast in the Europian version of the device) :(
- Couple of HTC apps dont work.
- Increased Battery drain.
- Few glitches in the notification drop down animation. (once dragged down, to close it, a simple swipe from bottom of the phone does not work, need to place fingers on the exact brim and then swipe up. Its a little annoying.
- "Advanced setting" on IE does not work on my device (not sure if this is the case for all)

KRS WP8_1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

the games are now moved in the main app list. so may be you might find it there.. isnt it?

Drzewiec

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Look my Photos App - I can`t delete this greyed out things :( I tried to do that from computer but there are no files. Sorry for my english.

wp_ss_20140416_0003.jpg

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Internet Explorer

1. Advanced Settings don't do anything. They just take you back to your previous webpage.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open "Internet Explorer" -> Go to Settings -> Go to Advanced Settings -> Nothing happens, it just takes you back to your previous web page.

2. Desktop Version is not fully working, because some websites are opened in mobile version despite the "Website preference" being set to "desktop version".

Steps to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open "Internet Explorer" -> Go to Settings -> Set "Website preference" to "desktop version" -> Try any sites (bbc.com/ facebook.com/ microsoft.com/ etc) -> Some will be opened in Desktop version (as supposed to), while some are opened int he Mobile version (not supposed to).

3. Bookmarking a web page does almost nothing. It just opens (doubt it loads) a new page that is blank and nothing happens next.

Stepts to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open "Internet Explorer" -> Load a website -> Use the bookmark icon (near the refresh icon) from the link bar -> A blank page is opened.
Camera

1. If you only have 1 picture taken with your phone and delete it, the screen will go black and nothing happens. If you press once it will take a photo and if you slide over, the camera app is visible. Basically this bug makes your camera UI black until you take a new photo.

Steps to reproduce:
*Assuming you have no photos in Camera Roll:
Open the Camera app -> Take the photo -> Slide over or tap the icon above FFC (that shows your taken photos) -> Delete the only photo -> At this step your screen is completly black -> Tap to take a photo OR slide over to make your camera reappear.

Phone

1. Scrolling through photos is no longer possible, because you cannot zoom-out.

Steps to reproduce:
*Assuming you have more than 1 photos in atleast one Album:
Go to App List -> Open "Photos" -> Open any albums -> Tap on a photo -> Cannot zoom-out.

2. Games hub/app is always updating and despite this, it doesn't even refresh all sections at once (Collection, Social, Spotlight)

Steps to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open "Games" -> The Games hub/app updates (everytime the hub/app is reopened)

3. The phones ask you twice for your PIN, despite it is entered corectly.

Stepts to reproduce:
Restart your phone -> Enter PIN -> Although it says accepted, the phone will ask you for the PIN once more. It will open the phone after 2-5 seconds, whether you enter the PIN again or not.

4. Rarely opening an app doesn't open it.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open any app -> Rarely doesn't open.

5. Many times downloading apps require ones attention.

Steps to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open "Store" -> Download any app or game -> The download beginns but few seconds later it notifies that the app requires your attention (several times).

6. App's specific Albums are hidden in the WP 8.1 but visible on W 8.1 (by connecting your phone to your PC and using file explorer).
For example, What'sApp Pictures are saved in a WhatsApp folder (viewed by Windows Explorer), however in your phone they are put in the folder "Other pictures".

Steps to reproduce:
Go to App List -> Open "WhatsApp" (or any app that you can receive photos from) -> Receive a photo and download it -> It will appear on "other pictures" instead in its own folder.

Last edited:

Tin Vukas

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

(BING) WEATHER APP live tile resets to ordinariy image (blue box with white sun in the middle) when the phone is offline. In WP8 it was always the last memorised weather image

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

What's wrong 👎 with the games hub??? My collection isn't showing:(

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

What's wrong �� with the games hub??? My collection isn't showing:(
It is bugged. Pretty sure MS is already working on an update to that.

(BING) WEATHER APP live tile resets to ordinariy image (blue box with white sun in the middle) when the phone is offline. In WP8 it was always the last memorised weather image
That's more a app issue rather than OS's.

NOTE:
I will update my bug list whenever I can. You guys can help me by following the format.
1. Description
2. Reproduction

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven