Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Manoj Daran

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Finally installed it on my L520. Being in India, at first, had a hard time to get the curtain. After a couple of changes in the Language and Region, Cortana is working just fine. Tiles BG, Action Center, Speed Dial, Showing Contacts with numbers impressed me a lot... Thanks for the update

aswinbarathb

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if this is a bug but my phone gets heated up. This wasn't the case before WP 8.1 preview!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

How to change Tone for Service Provider Messages??
it currently appears to be my OLD message tone :(

Federico Navarrete

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

My report: Lumia 822

Drained my battery so fast.
I needed to do many changes to prevent it.

Keep Wi-Fi active when screen turn off. Doesn't exist anymore, it should come back. If you don't turn off wifi by your end; you'll have many troubles.

Cortana MUST to know locations ALWAYS, why? It doesn't make me sense to activate it and has a big impact in my battery too for the same reason.

Last edited:

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

Bugs/Issues I have noticed on my Nokia Lumia 1520:

•My Back, Start, and Search buttons sometimes freeze.
•Cortana listens on her own without me holding the search button.
•The screen freezes, receiving no input. (Have to turn off display and again to get back to what I was doing)

I get the same error as your first bullet point.

Sakitumi

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

I just reported a bug to MS via their chat Services. The problem appears whenever I switch to "on" or back to "off" the Battery Saver; the Location Services are setting themselves to ON.
I suggest you all to report all issues not only in WP Central Community (I thank you all) but also to Microsoft's bug and error reporting/fixing teams there.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I just reported a bug to MS via their chat Services. The problem appears whenever I switch to "on" or back to "off" the Battery Saver; the Location Services are setting themselves to ON.
I suggest you all to report all issues not only in WP Central Community (I thank you all) but also to Microsoft's bug and error reporting/fixing teams there.

could you please give a link for that ? I remember looking for ms online support chat, but never found it.

mattmati

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Hello I'm new here:)
I noticed some Internet Explorer bugs.
-When you closing tabs there is a glich, not every time(didn't had this on gdr3)
-tabs are changing positions in wierd order. When you open page in new tab its before actual, but the second tab is after the main you open from. Its getting more wierd when you open one of the new tabs and try to swap to main one or other, what happens? They mixed again. Don't get it
-when you 'back' click till exit and reopen IE the new tab is empty(yay finally), but when you close IE by multitasking X and the reopen, the last page loads also, dunno if supposed to be like that
- okay this one will be fun, not every embedded video loads, like supposed to be in new html5 modifications . First example. Go to redtube(lol) and check, for the mobile website doesn't work, only sound is played, desktop ver works well;-)

New multitasking. Its sick. Can someone explain how this should work? After work on few apps/settings I have plenty of them in memory (back key don't closes them anymore), I have to manually close them, they lay in memory so batt is more drained right etc? The OS is not faster in that way imho. It's same. Don't see point of keep them in memory and why MS made it. Can someone make a review of that please.
I have more bugs to post but ill do it later
Thanks. Owner of Lumia 920

Boothinell

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if anyone has the same problem with the sound quality on videos, everytime I fast foward a video when it starts to play again you get a loud speaker noise, it sounds like a loud tap

Same here, forward or backwards when playing. I tried it with all volumes off and it still did it. Could be a hardware thing?

This only happens on the native video player, the inline player on IE works perfectly fine, it just has the timeline bar (probably not the right word) - which I prefer, personally - instead of search forward and back buttons.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if you guys are having this issue or not but I am facing it very often.

Sometimes the icons of live tiles disappear suddenly and appear after 30sec-1 min this started happening after 8.1 update.

u9ehypyq.png
this is the image of live tiles whose icon has disappear.

5aqa2enu.png
this is my start screen.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Nick Blase

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

CORTANA BUG:

I was using Cortana just fine after getting 8.1 yesterday, as well as everything else. All of a sudden, Cortana stopped connecting to the internet. This meant she could only perform tasks locally, on my phone, or search for phrases on my phone; I could NOT search the internet through Cortana. My wifi and data were fine, as I checked and tested both. After several resets, resetting/turning Cortana on and off, all of the basic fixes were checked. For some reason, "Internet Sharing" caught my eye. I believe my carrier doesn't support it, as it automatically turns off after a few minutes, but I turned it on and this enabled Cortana/internet searching though Cortana again. Oddly enough, Internet Sharing automatically turned off again and Cortana is working, but I think if I turn it off myself, it disables Cortana. This seems to be a real bug, as the two are completely unrelated.

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you guys are having this issue or not but I am facing it very often.

Sometimes the icons of live tiles disappear suddenly and appear after 30sec-1 min this started happening after 8.1 update.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/u9ehypyq.png this is the image of live tiles whose icon has disappear.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/5aqa2enu.png this is my start screen.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Me too getting the same problem and sometimes i have to press the power button to bring them back..

SatanWantYou

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I've got an update for games application and now when I enter in games its not showing me any game and say that is a problem with xbox or with my connection.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

Guys, reset the phone and wipe everything but do a backup first and most of your issues will disappear. Even after the wipe and reset, I have issues with wifi and the store.

GohanGautham

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I've got an update for games application and now when I enter in games its not showing me any game and say that is a problem with xbox or with my connection.
Yup the same thing is happening wid me too!
But also am facing another issue! The photos app is not recognizing any of my photos! Before in WP8 it used to update and recognize it but now its not recognizing it at all! 😞! Anybody facing the same issue? Were u able to fix it?? Am Using L620

Ahmad Aleid

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Freeze on Lockscreen after Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers Update?

Is everybody facing the same issue? sometimes when the phone is idle for 30 mins or so, the phone will be freezed on the lockscreen and my trick so far to unlock it is by keeping pressing the camera key which is annoying. this kept happening since I updated my Lumia 1520.

last night the worst case ever happened! .. the phone freezed while it was idle on the charger and even the camera key was not enough to wake it up - I hard reset the device using the power + low volume key to get it back on .. and even worse ... before I hard reset it ... I tried to call my phone from another mobile it was ringing but the phone actually was not ringing ! thats so unreliable and I really should've just waited for the WP 8.1 official update and the firmware update to come :(

and by the way .. I tried to enable, and disable, glance as I thought it might be the problem .. but it keeps happening again and again :(

dom1976

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site

Just a quick note about a few things i have noticed whilst using my Nokia 925 after update. The battery gets used alot quicker and after looking around the phone does not seem to sleep. I have had to turn off notifications from some apps because even though i have the allow apps to post notifications to the lock screen un-checked the phone still wakes up for every notification even when it is on night mode. The notification section is great but if you cannot use it because the apps are constantly updating and draining the battery, then this is an issue. I have tried changing numerous settings a soft reset today. Last night the phone had 89% battery when it entered night mode but now down to 20%, new phone just 2 weeks old. So i do not know if this is an apps problem or notification problem. Do not have the Contana as in Portugal but tried it and cannot wait till its available so she cannot be the reason for my battery usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos