Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Guys, reset the phone and wipe everything but do a backup first and most of your issues will disappear. Even after the wipe and reset, I have issues with wifi and the store.
I agree with you...
My people hub back to normal after reset...
(however game save still lost)

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I just updated my Lumia 920 normally. No hard resets. Updating was pretty ok. The gears did take some time. Its advisable to remove the SIM before updating the phone. The gears seem to take a longer time with the SIM inside the phone. I still feel that the OS is lagging at places. MS should rectify this before we become the laughing stock of our Droid brethren. Not very much but during some of the transitions, switching or closing tabs in IE etc., the lag is pretty apparent. Otherwise, its smooth enough overall (for the sheer number of features this packs). My biggest gripe apart from the Music app is the requirement for location to be on to do a phone search in Bing. I am not sure if this is due to enabling Cortana. But why does a phone search require location is beyond me. I am yet to observe some of the other bugs in this thread. Mostly it has been a pleasant experience save for the battery drain and heating issues. Got it inspected at Nokia Care and they said it was perfectly fine. It has to be the new OS functions. I did a soft reset and full charge. The drain "slowed" down a little but still is very much quick. May be it takes time for the OS to understand the usage and allocate tasks accordingly.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

so, there is no longer option to upload pictures to onedrive from gallery? or is there something wrong with my phone, ignoring ie11 working only on wi fi... :/

Shan Ali Khan

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Another bug I found that my Lumia 520 is unable to run University WIFI.
It required proxy in order to connect with my phone in order to connect with phone.
But initially when I connect it it says no internet access [ which is right] but it doenst add that WIFI to my WIFI list so Im able to change the proxy settings from there.
So I cant use that WIFI.
I think other also have these problems with connecting to proxy internet connections.
it worked in Windows phone 8

sooddvs

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

For some reason mobile data isn't functioning properly in my Lumia 820. It's switched on but I don't get any internet from it.

JITKR

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Videos won't play

I am facing WiFi issue.. Wifi not connects automatically, even i observed that sometimes when router reboots, wifi shows available network only doesn't connects.
I use open WIFI , no security key :p , still when i enable the wifi from notification center , it doesn't connects. is it only me :(

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

The having to manually connect on wi-fi is a small issue..and the way around the intermittent power button failure to wake up is to turn on the double tap to wake..

I've poorer battery life to with everything turned off..email set to check as told hourly..and also on charging..failing to show it charging for up to a minute...when it does this..it always gets extremely hot..and a soft reboot clears the issue for awhile..

One other issue...i lost my volume control for the external speak on apps games..phone calls..wasn't in the drop down menu on the volume button push..just head phones..several reboots it just showed back up

If your having power button issues..try turning on double tap to wake..it helped mine..

Mac

dsba

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Is it just my phone or some apps fail to exit on WP8.1 preview? Try opening and closing Calendar and/or Battery saver... They still appear to be open on task viewer, even if they are supposed to be closed.
Lumia 1020

Chee Hoo Tioh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Nokia lumia 1520 speaker phone no sound

Just updated to wp 8.1 and found my nokia 1520 has no sound on speaker phone when calling or receiving call. Turning on loud speaker is ok without any problem. can anyone help ?

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

As of yet, two bugs occured (nothing major).

- Can't access the advanced settings in IE, it crashes
- Searching for music in the Bing app (I'm in Canada) and tapping on what it found opens the Music app and then an empty black screen.

DE LA ROCKA

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm considering lack of comma button and old in line editing as a big defect. That's madness, it takes twice as much time to type as it would with these functions.

Karel Frydrych

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

SAMSUNG ATIV S camera bug, problems with flash :-( after taking a photo, flash light again :-/ and sometime camera doesnot work (black screen) button bug, sometimes windows (home) button doesnot work.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

I lost my notification display on Glance , I can only see the time displayed although it clearly says there in the description in the setting that "glance shows you time and notifications" don't know what to do , it was really helpful before

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm considering lack of comma button and old in line editing as a big defect. That's madness, it takes twice as much time to type as it would with these functions.

The comma button is still there, look in settings. As for the in-line editing, yeah thats irritating....that little circle is too small to grab, plus it moves under your finger like ios and android, if you have a large finger you cant see where it is!! Bah!

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

WP 8.1 is great overall but now my Windows Key is useless.. how do I assign it to bring up the Cortana app so I can call people lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett