Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Same issues on my 8xt plus a long list of others unfortunately.

Same for me on my Sprint 8xt. The most annoying is the random reboots and Wi-Fi turning off causing a soft restart. I really like 8.1 and realize this is a developer preview so I will hang in but would really like a fix soon.

thanee

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

on an ativ s with wp 8.1 when opening camera and switching from photo to video multiple times will break it and i have to restart the phone to get it working again :( reset camera won't fix it

I have a same problem too.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

I just went digging. I'm not the only one with the same complaint about the cursor. It's being reviewed by Microsoft as possibly bring back the old way (I only hope they do).

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question; I did a forum search, but didn't find anything specific to US, only India. I was trying to do a purchase upgrade on one of my apps in the WP store. When I tapped the buy button I received the error code 805a01f4. I am able to update an app, I just can't buy one. Does anyone know of a solution other than a hard reset? I tried multiple soft resets, but they didn't help. Lumia 1520 on at&t, 8.1.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
so I couldn't resist and updated (given today's news that xbox music update is coming next week). I gotta say I'm impressed the update process was very smooth and so far the phone is working great. Only bug I've found so far is in battery saver, when you go to back ground tasks and open up a list of additional apps, the list starts to flicker when you scroll with all the apps listed disappearing, so you gotta scroll a little back or forward to get the apps showing again.

Niavlys77

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

It might just take some getting used to - you only need to drag around the little ball, so your finger should be just below the line that separates the characters. In my experience, I always missed with the tap and hold since you have no idea where exactly it thinks your finger is - whereas this new solution I see exactly where it's at.

But yeah, if you just don't like it, that's fair. I'm honestly not sure why they didn't simply keep both...I see no reason why not (since tap and hold actually does nothing).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My iCloud account was grayed out and such on syncing. I couldn't remove it and it was also causing a lot of battery drain hence I have no choice but to reset. Already tried airplane mode and soft reset which didn't work. Battery life was worse on my 920 when compared to my 810 with the iCloud account not setup on it.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Personally, I prefer the new cursor. I always had a helluva time on the 8.0 style trying to land it where I wanted. With the new 8.1 cursor, those problems are gone. I do wonder why they couldn't just make that it an option though under Touch and have both available.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry if anyone has already asked this question; I did a forum search, but didn't find anything specific to US, only India. I was trying to do a purchase upgrade on one of my apps in the WP store. When I tapped the buy button I received the error code 805a01f4. I am able to update an app, I just can't buy one. Does anyone know of a solution other than a hard reset? I tried multiple soft resets, but they didn't help. Lumia 1520 on at&t, 8.1.

It is possible somebody here may have had the issue already, but I would strongly suggest asking your question through Microsoft's official support forum for the developer preview at Msdn forums - Windows Phone Preview OS Issues - They seem to be really good at responding to issues that involve an actual error code.

dimatador

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I got samsung ativ s from telus but I use it on Rogers after the update I had a hard time getting lte and mms working on the device,i hard reset the phone and nothing, I had to do a lot of playing around until I got the settings right. The point is that the phone does not sync currently with the mobile network, it did perfectly fine before.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Same for me on my Sprint 8xt. The most annoying is the random reboots and Wi-Fi turning off causing a soft restart. I really like 8.1 and realize this is a developer preview so I will hang in but would really like a fix soon.

HTC 8XT users check out this thread on MSDN forums: HTC 8XT keeps rebooting after 8.1 Preview update

Feel free to add to it. Hopefully, more responses will led to more attention from Microsoft developers for HTC 8XT owners. There's a few solid suggestions there as well. It seems most if not all users are able to avoid issues by either leaving the phone plugged in while connected to wifi, leaving their wifi off, or being connected to an open network. As for myself, I've had no OS issues in the past day or so by simply connecting to the guest account on my home router. Although this is not ideal, I figure as much time as I was spending monitoring my phone and these forums the first day. I can devote a little time to making sure no one's stealing my home internet connection. Most newer routers offer the option to create a guest account (mine is actually enabled by default,) and users who are connected to the guest account are actually connected to a virtual network and have no way of connecting with other computers and devices. If you're not sure how or even if your router offers this option, visit your router manufacturer's website. You should also be able to find documentation on how to use your router's advanced settings page to view who's connected to your network (by viewing the DHCP client table), if that's something that concerns you.
Like I said, I've been connected to the guest account for the past day and a half, and have no issues. I've had most services like location, nfc, wifi sense, etc. enabled without any abnormal impact. I also have all non-stock apps stored on my memory card, as well about 400 songs, a few dozen photos and some videos. My only real performance issues have been with the Music App and Photos Hub which sounds like have affected almost all users and should be getting fixed shortly.
I do realize that some people connect to wifi at work. Unfortunately, unless you work at a Starbucks or somewhere with open wifi access, you'll either need to do without wifi or convince your boss to allow you to have your phone out on your desk and plugged in. Just make sure you either have wifi turned off when not connected or plugged in when connected to a secure network.

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have hanging issues with 8.1 three times my phone got stuck on a greyish white screen. I had to do a soft reset or abattery pull. In one situation on soft reset it told an error with SD card asking whether to start fixing. I did it. It went off again after some time

raxy21

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a Lumia 720, at least on my phone I noticed a bug with the camera when I capture a photo of something and wanted to delete it directly from camera,it wont delete even if I try it for 3-4 times, it shows deleting but the photo remains.
Even in picture hub I'm unable to delete it when im viewing the picture, able to delete only from thumbnails view. Anyone noticed this bug?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I have an ATIV S. I turned off the flash in the WP camera app, but whenever I take a pic, the flash goes on for a spilt second...a lot shorter than when flash is to on. Rebooting does not fix this.

Anyone else have this issue?

Not sure if maybe Microsoft enabled this, but maybe all phones have focus flash now. It illuminates the subject so the proper focus can be attained then shoots the photo. Should be able to turn off focus flash in the settings within the app. This is different from the normal flash.

chuckalicious

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'll add to this one.

Had to hard reset my 920 as cellular data wasn't working. Worked for a bit after that them stopped again. Had to create a new APN profile. Now working.

Shortly after update to 8.1, the camera app hung while taking photos, screen unresponsive. Had to soft reset.

Phone hung while typing, again shortly after update. Keyboard went mad and started typing as if I was hitting random keys. Took another soft reset.

Phone number under phone settings is wrong. Unable to change it.

That's it so far. But still feels very buggy.

Shaz Butt

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to turn subtitles option on in WindowsPhone8.1?I've tried like putting them in same folder and renaming to same names but neither of them helped

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think nobody else has noticed this, and I might be an ******* for pointing it out, but the address bar in internet explorer is not pixel perfect when loading a page. Once the tiny loading bar pops up in your accent color, it extents 1 or 2 pixels in the upper right corner. Once you see it you are doomed. Haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss