Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
[tip]
Every single last post from this point up has been read, analysed and tested to see if it is a valid bug complaint. We have done this to make sure the OP is a valuable community resource. Any duplicate bugs that are already on the list in the OP from this point on will be deleted[/tip]

Is this topic presented to, or used by Microsoft?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Feeling so laagy specially when using 32 gb SD Card on my Nokia Lumia 720
Have you read the first post in this thread?

Is this topic presented to, or used by Microsoft?
The primary idea is to help the community at large first - i.e. you, the members. We've noticed there are about 40 threads about same bug and these 40 users could benefit from knowing what is in the OP. This however, is open to being extended to Microsoft and more users across the internet. Any ideas are more than welcome! It will surely make it worth going through 1120 posts and summarizing them as the first post. Eyes were sore after a while, trust me.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
[tip]
Every single last post from this point up has been read, analysed and tested to see if it is a valid bug complaint. We have done this to make sure the OP is a valuable community resource. Any duplicate bugs that are already on the list in the OP from this point on will be deleted[/tip]
what about this? do you consider this an OS bug or something that carriers should be dealing with? i, surely, dont Know...

kukuxumusu

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Kids corner is still not fix. They are still requiring password for me to enter. Please fix it want to use it for my friends who keep intruding my phone 📞

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
what about this? do you consider this an OS bug or something that carriers should be dealing with? i, surely, dont Know...
In the OP now. It is related to OS as hard and soft resets are not moving it away but it is arbitrary bug - I don't have it.

Kids corner is still not fix. They are still requiring password for me to enter. Please fix it want to use it for my friends who keep intruding my phone ��
What's broken?
Kids corner always needs you to enter password to unlock first and then kids can swipe right to do whatever they want. That's how it has been with WP8. Kids can't get to use your phone unless you give it to them.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: 8.1 Update - thoughts/experience

Anyone else's 810 continuously install updates after trying to get 8.1? Mine has done it twice since my last post and I still don't see it up to 8.1. :unhappy:

Edit: Third time's the charm. I have finally managed to get 8.1 on my 810. Now I'm just wondering how to get apps on the SD card...?

Last edited:

JoeCogan

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
My camera is not working on my Verizon Lumia 928. Tried several things...

1. Soft reset
  2. Hard reset
  3. Remove Nokia Camera
  4. Install Nokia Camera

The phone just flashes a black screen and then immediately returns to the start screen. I thought I licked it when I reinstalled Nokia Camera because the tutorial worked. Right after it finished, it dropped back to the start screen though. Anyone have a similar issue? Have you resolved it???

Black Lumia

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My camera is not working on my Verizon Lumia 928. Tried several things...

1. Soft reset
  2. Hard reset
  3. Remove Nokia Camera
  4. Install Nokia Camera

The phone just flashes a black screen and then immediately returns to the start screen. I thought I licked it when I reinstalled Nokia Camera because the tutorial worked. Right after it finished, it dropped back to the start screen though. Anyone have a similar issue? Have you resolved it???

Take it in to Microsoft, it's happened before.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
[tip]

HUGE thanks to the mods for doing this!! My apologies to rockstarzzz for calling you a drunkard, I now see the method to your madness.:p

One question: You have the HTC wifi/restart bug listed under bugs with recommended solutions. Do you believe this is a bug that will require a firmware update or is something that will need to be patched by Microsoft? In regards to the latter, do you have any guesses on when a patch may be issued?

patchulaz

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I updated my Lumia Icon to 8.1. The Podcasts app just opens for a split second, and then crashes me back out to the Start screen. Reboots don't help, and I don't have an uninstall option, and I can't find the app in the store. I did give it a 1 star rating and said all of this in my comments, so hopefully someone is reading those.

pd5009

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

List of bugs on my Lumia 820:
1) Background Image stops changing after 5-6 image changes
2) Music: Had my own favorite music playlist from previous version, the songs in this playlist got completely changed and linked to wrong songs
3) Battery discharge on any kind of application using location services
4) Keyboard stops responding randomly while typing messages/searches
5) Battery goes from 24% to 12% directly just by opening whatsapp application (don't know if this is whatsapp issue or wp8.1 issue, wp8 didn't have this problem)
6) Black screen randomly for a few minutes while having gps running with music app, and opening the music app while gps is in running in background.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

List of bugs on my Lumia 820:
1) Background Image stops changing after 5-6 image changes
2) Music: Had my own favorite music playlist from previous version, the songs in this playlist got completely changed and linked to wrong songs
3) Battery discharge on any kind of application using location services
4) Keyboard stops responding randomly while typing messages/searches
5) Battery goes from 24% to 12% directly just by opening whatsapp application (don't know if this is whatsapp issue or wp8.1 issue, wp8 didn't have this problem)
6) Black screen randomly for a few minutes while having gps running with music app, and opening the music app while gps is in running in background.

Have you tried a hard reset?

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
On wp 8 my weather tiles (bing, weather channel) worked gr8. Every time when I was connected to internet, after period longer than 30 minutes, tiles would be refreshed after 1-2 sec after connection.
On wp 8.1 that is no case, and now, every time when I connect packet data or wi-fi (because I don't leave it all day on) I have to wait sometimes 20 and more minutes.
What is your experience and do you have some advice?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss