Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Jorg Spek

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Calendar and Cortana are not adhering to my regional settings. I have my region set to US and regional settings set to Dutch. The phone is showing times and dates in the Dutch format, but the apps are showing the US format. If I switch the region itself to Dutch, the apps show the correct format. However: this disables Cortana... Also, it switches a number of texts to Dutch and I prefer English. Looks like a couple of dev teams at Microsoft are using the wrong regional setting to decide the date format shown...

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Calendar and Cortana are not adhering to my regional settings. I have my region set to US and regional settings set to Dutch. The phone is showing times and dates in the Dutch format, but the apps are showing the US format. If I switch the region itself to Dutch, the apps show the correct format. However: this disables Cortana... Also, it switches a number of texts to Dutch and I prefer English. Looks like a couple of dev teams at Microsoft are using the wrong regional setting to decide the date format shown...

Unfortunately things like this are going to be an issue for those of us living outside the US until Cortana is more broadly distributed/graduates from beta to a 1.0 app... I live in English-speaking Canada, so things like this are less of an issue for me, but sadly for now us non-Americans have to chose between Cortana and other aspects of functionality. Personally, I think she gives more than she takes. :)

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
scheduled quiet hours not working and/or intermittently

automatic store updates not working

(and yes, i have store & cortana allowed in background, am always on wifi and near full battery)

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The edit cursor operation is worse,I preferred the way it worked in previous versions better. It's more work to edit anything with having to remove your finger to find the cursor.

Can no longer upload photos, share, them to OneDrive. There is no way that I can find to do it without turning on auto upload.

Can't delete contacts from the address book directly, you have to have called them and then access their profile from call history to delete.

Contacts with only one number are automatically dialed and not shown their contact info first, this would relieve the above issue.

I dislike that they seem to be moving away from the hub idea, this is why I came to windows phone in the first place. At least move the games back to where they belong

ezraofcebu

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
The edit cursor operation is worse,I preferred the way it worked in previous versions better. It's more work to edit anything with having to remove your finger to find the cursor.

Can no longer upload photos, share, then to OneDrive. There is no way that I can find to do it without turning on auto upload.

Can't delete contacts from the address book directly, you have to have called them and then access their profile from call history to delete.

Contacts with only one number are automatically dialed and not shown their contact info first, this would relieve the above issue.

I dislike that they seem to be moving away from the hub idea, this is why I can't to windows phone in the first place. At least move the games back to where they belong

Another way to upload the photos is doing it on the OneDrive app itself.
I'm not so sure but when I checked, I can delete a contact without having to dial it.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Another way to upload the photos is doing it on the OneDrive app itself.
I'm not so sure but when I checked, I can delete a contact without having to dial it.

If it has more than a single number yes. Thanks for the OneDrive tip but it's over twice as time consuming to do it that way, it's a bug in my opinion.

Last edited:

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I moved my asphalt 8 to sd card and found that even though the the game is moved to sd card my phone memory got decreased.Before installing asphalt 8 my phone memory was 3.61gb and then after shifting it to sd card it became my phone memory only increased by a gb and it became only 2.61 gb.My system meory had increased from 2 gb to 3.67 gb.
ITS THE WORST BUG FOR WINDOWS PHONE 8.1

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it, the entire release is one huge bug. The way they're moving away from data integration in hubs is a bad decision IMO, especially in the contact database etc. Bad move Microsoft.

welterbf123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
In WP8, kids corner had an area where the child could adjust the theme color for kids corner only. Also, there used to be a way to change the lockscreen photo on kids corner. Both these options seem to be gone... Or am I missing something?

Also, I cannot set a solid color on my lockscreen anymore. All those color options are gone....

Vinayak Hanchate

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
After updating Facebook app to v8.1.44 in Windows Phone 8.1 Dev preview, a serious battery drain issue occurred.
In Battery sense Facebook app shows maximum drain. Even in facebook app itself "connect with my phone" seems to be in continuous loop and not getting done the sync with phone showing error. Any one seen same problem after update? Any fix for this ?

wp_ss_20140419_0005.png

wp_ss_20140419_0001.png

Vinayak Hanchate

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
1.When you turn on nokia camera app, the speaker is turning on.
2.Can't acces the Find My Phone, which is strange because it was accessible at the beginning on 8.1
3.Problems with battery
4.Problem with IE11, some pages blinking, on 3G there is problem to load almost every page. It loads but there is just white empty site. And battery drain on 3G is 53% per hour.
5.Backlight of buttons when you enter screen lock code, or PIN, don't work
6.Tiles refreshing every 20 minutes - not 1 minute.
7.Sometimes changing type of the network 3G/2G won't work, you must try several times.
8.Once I had problem with glance. It didn't showed.. a click on the side button and screen was in 256 colours (not 256 thousands, only 256, it was ridiculous )
9.WiFi have much less signal strength, on 8.0 it was almost full, now it's never full and very often is not even one wave, only this little dot on the icon.
10. Very ofthen when I go back to the desktop(main sreen with tiles) all tiles are empty, and takes 2second to display the inside of the tiles. But Picture tile takes over 5 seconds to load the picture on it
11. Kobalt colour from theme colours is gone.. Well there is colour called the same, but it's not the same colour.. I have good compare because some of apps are using old colour from wp.8

Phone : Lumia 620

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss