Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it, the entire release is one huge bug. The way they're moving away from data integration in hubs is a bad decision IMO, especially in the contact database etc. Bad move Microsoft.

So you would rather get new features with one or two OS updates each year then?

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
In WP8, kids corner had an area where the child could adjust the theme color for kids corner only. Also, there used to be a way to change the lockscreen photo on kids corner. Both these options seem to be gone... Or am I missing something?

Also, I cannot set a solid color on my lockscreen anymore. All those color options are gone....

I still have that.. a tile in Kids corner with brush icon!!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a bug this morning. My wife is set as a contact, as her first name only. When I woke up this morning, I did a soft reset (still trying to work through battery drain issues). So I go to text her and her thread shows "read only", it showed as her facebook name, not as I put the contact in. So I go back into Contacts and re-link her to facebook and everything works as it should now.

Funny thing, I was texting her last night... Contact go unlinked to her account.

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

After update, Lumia 820, the microphone for calls is no longer working, only works on skype, whatsapp voice, cortana etc.

Francisc Cristian

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I just installed WP 8.1 on my HTC 8X and everything works just perfect and I am so happy about that. One thing bothers me, I don't have Cortana even after I changed all the region, keyboard and language to united states. Will a hard reset bring Cortana to me? Thanks.

DevinJRichter

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If you hard reset a Sprint Samsung ATIV S Neo after installing 8.1 say goodbye to allll your data. You're lucky if you can even get texts or phone calls. Let alone data.

Lloyd_S

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

Thankfully I experience very fe3w of the issues listed here on either my Lumia 1020 or 1520. Howver, I hve noticed on my 1020 that when uploading a video to Facebook I'll either get an error stating that the video cannot load, or when I try and watch the upload status in Facebook app the phone restarts itself. This happens every time I try loading any vidoes.

Navaneeth vijay

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

shortcut not available for bing vision in cortana..
should always open Microsoft camera and switch to it!! more irritating ..
was better in windows 8 but cortana wasn't there :p

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have around 800mb of photos on my SD card but they are not shown in storage sense whereas they can be seen in picture hub
Storage sense shows i have 25mb of pictures
And 800mb of other storage anyone facing this issue??

zois karletsis

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Im on ativ s using developer preview for wp 8.1 and have encountered a small lag when pressing to activate/deactivate location services.Also i was using default calendar app at lock screen and it got stuck showing the previous day and important event.Dont know if this is common or not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion