Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

honeyrapper

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Battery with shield icon when battery saver on is totally useless. They should use only the outline of a shield instead of a solid shield.
Also a grayed out icon should be used for Bluetooth Wi-Fi and GPS when they're turned on but not in use.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

enduracell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Rooms doesn't work anymore, only photo sharing works. (chat, places, notes etc broken)
fb integrated messenger vanished and fb app messenger doesn't support screen rotation (bigger keyboard, two finger writing)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you hard reset a Sprint Samsung ATIV S Neo after installing 8.1 say goodbye to allll your data. You're lucky if you can even get texts or phone calls. Let alone data.

You need to restore from backups when it asks you, assuming you didn't turn that feature off. My guess is that the APN app in settings is missing the list of APN data, you need to enter it manually in Mobile+SIM to get data working.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I moved my asphalt 8 to sd card and found that even though the the game is moved to sd card my phone memory got decreased.Before installing asphalt 8 my phone memory was 3.61gb and then after shifting it to sd card it became my phone memory only increased by a gb and it became only 2.61 gb.My system meory had increased from 2 gb to 3.67 gb.
ITS THE WORST BUG FOR WINDOWS PHONE 8.1
Worst? LMMFAO.... Dying over here. :amaze:

eisanchez

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Took me 10am to 2pm to update to 8.1 on my htc 8x here in the Philippines. My phone is unlocked. I love the new features but just like everyone else, I don't like what happened to the hubs. I have no random reboots. No power button problems. No problem with the cursor. Love Cortana. Here's some problems I have encountered:

1. Some text messages were messed up on my second day. I didn't know how it happened. Of all the messages, it was my wife's thread that has been messed up. The call history was ok but the message thread seemed to be tied up to a hotline number of a restaurant that's not even a cellphone number! All her prior messages are now under that restaurant hotline. But when I open the profile of the restaurant, no threads are there but under messages, it was all there. Is someone here experienced this?
2. I love the calendar but intermittently, when I long press the back button and fire up the task switcher, I can see the calendar open even if I didn't open it. Some memory handling problems?
3. Battery problems. Seemed to drain faster than before.
4. After the update to 8.1 and the update to Angry Birds star wars II, playing it requires me to be online. But not after the second time I ran it. Not a big deal.

Since there's no turning back, I will live with this. It's a developer preview anyway. I will post updates when I encounter more.

HTC Specific:

I stopped using the HTC hub until an update is available. The live tile is not updating every minute anymore unlike in 8.0. The clock is late a few minutes than the real system time. I also saw this in HTC threads where screenshots were provided. Clock is late. To get over this, install the clock hub from the store and a weather app with current location, if you need such things.

Last edited:

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I feel battery is not charged FULLY. early in WP8 i ensured battery is fully charged by keeping phone screen locked [black screen or glance] and turning off Charger. if phone lights up fast, it is not fully charged and taking power from charger. else there will be delay of 5 seconds or something related to USAGE.

Now phone lights up as fast as charger is turned off!!

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
After updating to 8.1, i moved the apps/games to SD card and did a hard reset.
When i opened the SD card in Storage sense, the apps/games are moved to "Others" in SD card and deemed unrestored.. :crying:

gunghu

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

After update, Lumia 820, the microphone for calls is no longer working, only works on skype, whatsapp voice, cortana etc.

my microphone stopped working also! funny is, it still works for calling, skype and nokia camera but does not work in cortana, built in camera and other apps :(

Ilasor

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who is really annoyed by the graphic glitch in the animation when pressing the start button? That destroys the whole overall feeling of a proper system. It's even present in the emulator and the preview devices used for reviews...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who is really annoyed by the graphic glitch in the animation when pressing the start button? That destroys the whole overall feeling of a proper system. It's even present in the emulator and the preview devices used for reviews...

What's this glitch that you mention off?

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I am loving the preview, but what I really don't like is the battery sense app, which in live tile just shows a battery icon which changes with amount of battery in phone, and when you open the app, every application using battery is shown with a dummy bar with no statistical info, how the hell am I supposed to calculate the battery usage by looking at a dumb bar... This is something in dire need of improvement

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa