Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Another bug:
When you turn Battery saver on, you can select 3 options below it. It won't remember what you pick there for the next time you turn battery saver on.

davros1179

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The new way Facebook works with 8.1 is slow and lags like crazy. The previous way it worked being integrated into the phone, instead of just opening the app Android style, was much smoother. We're not Android so, stop trying to be Android... Be windows phone!

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, most of the bugs I have experienced with my relatively new 1620 don't bother me too much, but my major gripes are:

• Inconsistent battery level readings - The battery level is erratic, either showing a higher or lower reading than the real reading. Plugging the phone in causes the reading to revert to the true reading
  • Video skipping "pop" sound - This is bloody annoying. In some applications it seems to be particularly prevalent and does my head in, literally.
  • Random WiFi disconnections - This one is self explanatory.
  • Lag, lag, lag - Considering the 1520 is a high-end Windows Phone, it feels a lot less so than it did when I was using WP8. It was silky smooth.

I do hope Microsoft and Nokia come out with fixes in the near future to really make Windows Phone 8.1 shine as it should.

josipogo

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Do not know is this bug listed but Store do not release notification that app is update if manually is initiated and even not showing app update in history.
For example today Nokia Access Point app is updated, phone after manually initiated update is download app itself, update existing one but I did not receive notification, nevertheless app update is not listed under history.
That is.

Thanzex

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 Major/important bug

Hi everyone, my device is a Lumia 820, i was watching a youtube video from the website and when it ended the phone automatically switched back to the non-fullscreen mode, right after that the screen was frozen, i couldn't do anything, no changes even by pressing the Start button or trying to switch between apps by holding the Back button, so i blocked the phone and the Glance screen appeared, i saw an horrible screen full of dots, nothing actually displayed, so i pressed the block button again, the lock screen was only made of dots too. The buttons seemed to not respond, so i pulled out the battery and put it back in place and restarted the phone, everything was normal.
I've actually made a video, this is a frame showing the problem.
foto.jpg

I'm posting it as an important problem and not occasional, because i've always had problems, since the 8.1 update, with non-fullscreen video playback on a web page.
Before the error i was playing Asphalt 8, a CPU+GPU intensive game, so probably this is a problem related to the GPU, more specifically to the method used to show non-fullscreen videos that may have caused a GPU driver failure.
Tell me what do you think.
P.S.
Does anyone know where do i have to post it on the official WindowsPhone forum?

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: WP 8.1 Major/important bug

Hi everyone, my device is a Lumia 820, i was watching a youtube video from the website and when it ended the phone automatically switched back to the non-fullscreen mode, right after that the screen was frozen, i couldn't do anything, no changes even by pressing the Start button or trying to switch between apps by holding the Back button, so i blocked the phone and the Glance screen appeared, i saw an horrible screen full of dots, nothing actually displayed, so i pressed the block button again, the lock screen was only made of dots too. The buttons seemed to not respond, so i pulled out the battery and put it back in place and restarted the phone, everything was normal.
I've actually made a video, this is a frame showing the problem.
View attachment 64279

I'm posting it as an important problem and not occasional, because i've always had problems, since the 8.1 update, with non-fullscreen video playback on a web page.
Before the error i was playing Asphalt 8, a CPU+GPU intensive game, so probably this is a problem related to the GPU, more specifically to the method used to show non-fullscreen videos that may have caused a GPU driver failure.
Tell me what do you think.
P.S.
Does anyone know where do i have to post it on the official WindowsPhone forum?
had this happen the first day hasnt happened since

contactlece

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
has any one seen any improvements in their phones??? game hub shows installed games... lock screen shows artist background, also when there is no artist background available, instead of showing grey, it displays the lock screen back ground.. music hub shows artist pic of some artists like Michael Jackson, that must be from xbox music cus its not the pics i applied using mpa tool..

TonyOK

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hey, i didn't read everything but i just recently found a bug. This bug MAKES THE BATTERY DECREASE SO FAST. What means so fast?, it means my phone discharge in 5hours without using the phone selfs not even Wifi , 4G, location , everything OFF and no APPs in background and also All Volumes are in 0. Well the main problem is the bug ill describe. I just find out that when you are using the phone or not there is a -Low Background Noise- from Speaker ( you need to come closely to hear). Well it's like an Anti- Mosquito App ( You know that app makes a High Frec Sound that you can't hear from long distance or just the ear of human can't hear that sound) . Well the same program i tasted in Win Phone 8.0 made the battery discharge so fast and also the battery got hotter. This is same situation in Windows Phone 8.1 (but there is no app doing that sound, its a bug in system), just dont know if the noise is high frec or low but my battery gets hotter w/o doing something with the phone. I tried Hard/Soft/Factory Reset, nothing worked. And also i find out that when you Open Whatsapp or just some other Apps, the sound gets more noisily( just a bit more) and logicaly the battery decrease even more than standby. I need a solution :/ Ty

Last edited:

contactlece

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I have a weird one. When I access the Games app, the Collection list doesn't show any installed games, it tries to refresh itself but shows the "Couldn't open that. Try again." message and the Games store option.
If I try to refresh manually, I get a "Can't refresh. There's a problem with the Xbox service or your connection. Try again later." which is weird as these are local files it should be scanning.

My phone is a HTC 8X.

View attachment 63087 View attachment 63088

mine is showing the game list now..
wp_ss_20140423_0001[1].png

but just found out that, the screen shots are not immediately accessible, it takes a lot of time, and when the phone is connected to pc while taking screenshots, then ull have to disconnect and connect again...

TonyOK

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hey, i didn't read everything but i just recently found a bug. This bug MAKES THE BATTERY DECREASE SO FAST. What means so fast?, it means my phone discharge in 5hours without using the phone selfs not even Wifi , 4G, location , everything OFF and no APPs in background and also All Volumes are in 0. Well the main problem is the bug ill describe. I just find out that when you are using the phone or not there is a -Low Background Noise- from Speaker ( you need to come closely to hear). Well it's like an Anti- Mosquito App ( You know that app makes a High Frec Sound that you can't hear from long distance or just the ear of human can't hear that sound) . Well the same program i tasted in Win Phone 8.0 made the battery discharge so fast and also the battery got hotter. This is same situation in Windows Phone 8.1 (but there is no app doing that sound, its a bug in system), just dont know if the noise is high frec or low but my battery gets hotter w/o doing something with the phone. I tried Hard/Soft/Factory Reset, nothing worked. And also i find out that when you Open Whatsapp or just some other Apps, the sound gets more noisily( just a bit more) and logicaly the battery decrease even more than standby. I need a solution :/ Ty

Just few min ago i also notice that when you use "headphones" the bug with the sound from Speaker goes off. BUT ONLY WHEN U ARE USING with headphones. i have Lumia 620 i forget to say before. I need the confirmation of this bug from Muessig...

Durishin

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Here Drive + is now dangerously prone to freezing. I just drove across Connecticut HD+ froze at least a half dozen times and required app restart on my 1020 with Cortana on and HD+ selected as my preferred nav app.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was going mad when my charge hole vanished from the bottom of my screen, glance was active with the tiger image, date, time, alarm icon all looking correct... Then I realized the phone was upside down, for whatever reason my glance screen Is now inverted and nothing I do corrects the issue ?? Ran the diag app and sent it off with a note

I now charge from the top of the phone while glance is active... Damn moveable charge hole technology

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing different problem with this developers preview.... My phone was okay after update.... Was running smooth and nice but some time it takes time to start some apps so I reset my phone... but sadly my real problems started after reset... My download restriction reduced to 20mb... I tried everything to fix it but sadly nothing won't work... Do you have any suggestion for that?? I am using a Lumia 620 and I am from India... Any answered will be appreciated...... Thanks for reading.....

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Earlier while playing music on my Lumia 820 using earphones, if I got a phone call and I disconnect the earphones, the music will get paused automatically. But now it doesn't work that way. Now everybody in my office knows I listen to Akon ... 😋

Sent from my RM-826_im_india_201 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss