Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

NO CARRIER

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing different problem with this developers preview.... My phone was okay after update.... Was running smooth and nice but some time it takes time to start some apps so I reset my phone... but sadly my real problems started after reset... My download restriction reduced to 20mb... I tried everything to fix it but sadly nothing won't work... Do you have any suggestion for that?? I am using a Lumia 620 and I am from India... Any answered will be appreciated...... Thanks for reading.....

Dowload the Nokia "access point" app. It will remove your download limitation over cellular.

NO CARRIER

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
My right side of earphone do not work sometimes. Needs restart to work again. Anyone have this problem too?

Lumia 925 here. This bug happens sometimes before, but now is more often.

Yes, this happened to me yesterday on my Lumia 920. Listening to music, played a video with music still playing... and then only left side of headphones. This happened to me ONCE before the update as well, and I listen to music daily from the phone.

AntGR

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was going mad when my charge hole vanished from the bottom of my screen, glance was active with the tiger image, date, time, alarm icon all looking correct... Then I realized the phone was upside down, for whatever reason my glance screen Is now inverted and nothing I do corrects the issue ?? Ran the diag app and sent it off with a note

I now charge from the top of the phone while glance is active... Damn moveable charge hole technology

My Glance screen is also inverted, this happened just after I installed the Remote Desktop App.
It's something funny but i just read about that being, related on another post.. I'm gonna try uninstalling to see what happens and I reply back.

EDIT:
Just as promised, second reply... No changes after uninstalling Remote Desktop app. But a Soft reset did solve the problem.

Loving WP8.1, but my Whatsapp notifications stopped working unless I open the app. Anyone else? Ativ S user here

Same here.... My notifications are also having a delay.. and it's really annoying. Lumia 925 here. It began today

My right side of earphone do not work sometimes. Needs restart to work again. Anyone have this problem too?

Lumia 925 here. This bug happens sometimes before, but now is more often.

I've been noticing same issue since last week. For me it happens only after de update. And the solution's the same as yours... soft reset, and then voil?, right earphone again.

Last edited:

Thanzex

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey, i didn't read everything but i just recently found a bug. This bug MAKES THE BATTERY DECREASE SO FAST. What means so fast?, it means my phone discharge in 5hours without using the phone selfs not even Wifi , 4G, location , everything OFF and no APPs in background and also All Volumes are in 0. Well the main problem is the bug ill describe. I just find out that when you are using the phone or not there is a -Low Background Noise- from Speaker ( you need to come closely to hear). Well it's like an Anti- Mosquito App ( You know that app makes a High Frec Sound that you can't hear from long distance or just the ear of human can't hear that sound) . Well the same program i tasted in Win Phone 8.0 made the battery discharge so fast and also the battery got hotter. This is same situation in Windows Phone 8.1 (but there is no app doing that sound, its a bug in system), just dont know if the noise is high frec or low but my battery gets hotter w/o doing something with the phone. I tried Hard/Soft/Factory Reset, nothing worked. And also i find out that when you Open Whatsapp or just some other Apps, the sound gets more noisily( just a bit more) and logicaly the battery decrease even more than standby. I need a solution :/ Ty

In the middle of the night i heard a sound, i wasn't sleeping yet, so i remembered of your post, i came close to the speaker and i heard that! But i'm experiencing this only with whatsapp, now i can understand why my battery drains so fast while i'm chatting.

TonyOK

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
In the middle of the night i heard a sound, i wasn't sleeping yet, so i remembered of your post, i came close to the speaker and i heard that! But i'm experiencing this only with whatsapp, now i can understand why my battery drains so fast while i'm chatting.

Well , i also noticed that was happening with WS but after that i just find out that happens when you are not on WS ethier if you are not using the Phone. It's kinda a random thing. It makes the Phone battery drains so fast. You will understand coz the battery gets hot alot.

joe_easton

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a google account on my 8.1 device and it constantly syncs. Its grayed out on the account screen so I can't delete it. I believe this is causing battery drain. Any ideas on how to fix this?

NewTincho

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
My L720 Don't detect the now 2 days available Black Update and I am starting to worry about it! This is because of 8.1? I will be able to install it? Thanks

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Here's an awful one: WP8.1 fails to recognize any media on an SD card. Have over 6GB of pictures, music, and videos, yet none of them show up. According to storage sense, they're part of "other". This is a new sd card too (16GB mSDHC Class 10). Annoying I can't see any of my media. Tried removing the WPSystem folder too, which contains the settings data that associates the SD with the phone, in hopes it would re index and thumbnail files on the card (as it would on WP8). However, it merely recreated the folder without reindexing the contents of the card. Now despite existing on the card, my phone displays 0 pictures, videos, or songs.

Abhinav Singh7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought I was going mad when my charge hole vanished from the bottom of my screen, glance was active with the tiger image, date, time, alarm icon all looking correct... Then I realized the phone was upside down, for whatever reason my glance screen Is now inverted and nothing I do corrects the issue ?? Ran the diag app and sent it off with a note

I now charge from the top of the phone while glance is active... Damn moveable charge hole technology

Its a problem with the remote desktop preview app. If you didnt use that app then no idea. If you did here's a possible solution.
http://wmpoweruser.com/glance-screen-gone-tits-up-we-may-have-the-solution/

Last edited:

TonyOK

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
U Guys should check the "Hide Noise", THAT BUG IS THE PROBLEM OF BATTERY DRAIN. Also check when you lock and unlock the phone , it does a noise also. Not even the Admin give a fck what i say...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a google account on my 8.1 device and it constantly syncs. Its grayed out on the account screen so I can't delete it. I believe this is causing battery drain. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hard Reset is your only option, happened to me for my iCloud a/c...tried everything but couldn't delete it. Had to hard reset it eventually for the 3 time on the same day...sigh...

davros1179

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I found a "fix" for the mms not working bug. I am on aio wireless and I found that going into the add mms apn setting and simply hitting the delete button restored my mms. May not work for all, but it works on aio.

buddy007

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

hey,i am using a lumia 525 with wp8.1 dev from india with region set to usa(for cortana).i am experiencing a blank screen on the windows phone app for desktop when i connect my phone to my laptop.it used to work fine like displaying and syncing files on wp8. now it only shows my phone name on top with charging %. anyone having the same prob or solution? thnx
Untitled.png

Robert William

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
okay one more bug about the wifi isn't connecting OR refreshing when the router got refreshed (down and up again), another thing is sometimes my phone got rebooted by itself, and suddenly! a 98% battery just left me 12% battery. what a bug

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug but here goes...
HTC 8S
When I'm in an app (for example Whatsapp) and I tap on the back button the app closes. I thought they changed the funcionality of the back button in 8.1, but it behaves the same as in WP 8. The only difference I see is that i can now tap the back button in IE without accidentaly exiting the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett