Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi does anyone else have this problem? When I back-up my phone, only my app and text messages are saved. It shows an error for settings back-up.

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Strange, seems to work ok on my NL920....
wp_ss_20140503_0001a.png

wp_ss_20140503_0002a.png
Thanks... It seems that YouTube isn't working unless you switch to Mobile Version. How pathetic.
Actually the first screenshot I posted was with the Desktop user agent on the phone, and it played fine as you can see from the screenshot..... I tried the mobile version afterwards to see if it was a mobile user agent issue, but it played fine also as you can see in the second screenshot....

Last edited:

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I am not getting toast notification for facebook nor I am getting it in the action center. Do I need to turn it on from somewhere? I see the notification count on tile but no notifications. Also the tile does not flip.
Had the same issue. You might try going under facebook options, or battery saver and make sure facebook is allowed. They weren't working for me either for facebook but everything else works. Just loaded a third party app for facebook and it sends toast notifications to the action center. The apps buggier than the real one, so I just keep it for the toast notifications and responding to them but use the main facebook app for facebook. Probably just needs updated.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi does anyone else have this problem? When I back-up my phone, only my app and text messages are saved. It shows an error for settings back-up.

Have you tried rebooting the phone the trying again? I had an issue with is crashing when I tried to backup. I shut down for a min or 2 rebooted and was able to back up

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just had a hell of a time trying to take a picture while on a phone call. The screen kept blacking out right after I pressed the camera button (Lumia 1020), staying black for more than five seconds at a time. In the end I could shoot a few pictures, but it took way too much effort.

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting the phone the trying again? I had an issue with is crashing when I tried to backup. I shut down for a min or 2 rebooted and was able to back up

I did a restart and got the same issue. It worked fine 2 weeks ago. Also deleting the backup and trying doesn't work.

sinclairinator

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue a few weeks ago in which sound only outputted through the right channel when I plugged a mini-stereo cable in. I thought my cable was defective, so I tried putting actual headphones in and the same result occurred. Soft reset fixed it.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I just had a hell of a time trying to take a picture while on a phone call. The screen kept blacking out right after I pressed the camera button (Lumia 1020), staying black for more than five seconds at a time. In the end I could shoot a few pictures, but it took way too much effort.

I guess your finger kept coming in front of the proximity sensor, coz of which the screen was going black or turning off...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

fahad kazi

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue. You might try going under facebook options, or battery saver and make sure facebook is allowed. They weren't working for me either for facebook but everything else works. Just loaded a third party app for facebook and it sends toast notifications to the action center. The apps buggier than the real one, so I just keep it for the toast notifications and responding to them but use the main facebook app for facebook. Probably just needs updated.

Thanks for the heads up. I think because I am using beta and that could be the reason behind this?

vliebergen

May 4, 2014
Visit site
search button restarts

I have a problem/bug with wp8.1 preview on my Lumia 920.
When I try to unlock the screen and therefore inserting my pincode, I accidentally press the second letter, a four simultaneously with the search button... Than my screen doesn't respond anymore and the phone restarts. Quite annoying...
Have more people noticed this?

Arvind R

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8.1 keyboard freezing

Things were fine after installing WP8.1 DP, but suddenly since yesterday my keyboard freezes whenever I try typing inside a message / email and the phone reboots automatically. It has happened almost everytime I tried typing and till now the phone would have rebooted by 20 times in 24 hours. I tried power off and on, battery removal and restart and even a phone reset, but nothing seems to solve this issue. Can anybody help me out of this trouble please. :unhappysweat:

denis81

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this bug was already reported, but here we go:

One time my phone is performing well basic tasks, such call receiving and texting.
Suddenly, even I got 3G/4G signal the phone refuses to make calls and send SMS messages.

First, I thought it was because my carrier (I live in a small town), but I got the same behavior in the center city (the most populated zone here in my region).

To solve this problem I need to turn off my phone. Yeah, very annoying. :/
That happens many times a day.

Any other have the same issue?
I own a Lumia 820.

Country: Brazil, City: Porto Alegre, Carrier: VIVO/Telefonica

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Advantages:
1-> The person is thanked.(which anyways he was being).
2-> A Thank Meter shows how many times a person is thanked. Helps gaining some respect. When you hit the Thanks Button its recorded by the meter, Saying Thanks by post doesnt record it. ( Dont know if thanks button is visible ever in WP Central Forums, but in xda Forums it is, so looking at the meter you can judge the experience of the person.)
3-> Keeps the number of posts in check.
4-> People subscribing to this post would receive notification when a new post is added, and its so silly that you log in and see that the new post was nothing but just a user thanking another.
5-> Forum threads should be kept as clean as possible by posting only info that may matter. (a thanks matters but only for the person receiving it)
6-> It saves the user the time to Type a Thank You message... Just hit the button and you have paid your respects... Simple
7-> WPCentral people have provided a feature so why not use it. ;-)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte