Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey can anybody help.... Actually whenever I lock or unlock my phone... There is no locking or unlocking sound.... What's the problem...i an not able to figure it out... Can anybody help?
Make sure that your sounds are enabled (settings > ringtones + sounds) & phone is not in silent mode.

xlbooyahlx

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Here's a real strange one. Opposite of what I've seen some others experience.
If I turn my data off, let my phone sleep, wake it up, absolutely no phone signal (can't make calls without a reboot). However, If I leave my data connection turned on, no problems sleeping and waking, nor does my data connection get wonky, everything works great. AT&T Lumia 1020 WP8.1 OS version 8.10.12359.845
Anyone else have this problem, and if so did you fix it, and how?!?

djchris763

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

HELP! Phone not finding update. HTC 8XT

I registered as a Developer on App studio, downloaded the app, signed in, clicked Enable Preview for Developers, checked for updates.. it updated me to OS version 8.0.10521.155 but now it will not find any more updates. It says your phone is already up to date.

Billone

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a "permanent" issue like this with my (fairly new) Lumia 925. A coworker explained to me how the connection points work inside the aux jack. He shined a light down the port and could see one of the connection points wasn't "sticking out" for the jack to make contact with. He has a small tool that he used to gently encourage the connector to become unstuck. I don't take any responsibility for anyone trying this and doing damage, but it's been fine for me now for a few weeks.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I receive an error code c101a7d1 from my failed attempt to update Running Mate. I have uninstalled the program, but the app still appears in my store downloads.....
I also received a notification to update Extreme Music. It fails and states the publisher doesn't allow the app to be installed on as sd card.
I uninstalled the app but it too remains listed in my store downloads. (By the way, my start screen tile shows the number 2).
Anyone know how to delete the Store downloads???

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
After doing a hard reset on the phone 8.1 or even a clean install or upgrading from 8.0, cannot gain access to the camera or open ANY camera app. Will there be something done? Cause it's really annoying not having to take any pictures.

PS it's a Lumia 920 and when I downgrade to 8.0 the camera works fine.

Here's a video to show what I mean: http://1drv.ms/1ll1QmE

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Please help me someone. I am on WP8.1 DP and there is something strange going on with "store". Earlier while I was on WIFI i was able to download apps and update them too but now whenever I download or try to update one,it just shows-PENDING and the app stays with this label in the "downloads" section of the "store". However I can use wifi to do all other things,namely-skype,whatsapp etc but only the downloads are giving me this headache. Someone please suggest a remedy.

jawss

May 17, 2013
Visit site
When i have banner notifications turned off for messages, cortana doesn't read aloud text messages. Is this a bug or a feature?

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
When i have banner notifications turned off for messages, cortana doesn't read aloud text messages. Is this a bug or a feature?

it might not be a bug. basically, if u don't want banner notification, means u dont want a notification. that means reading text msgs aloud is also not needed, logically.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Please help me someone. I am on WP8.1 DP and there is something strange going on with "store". Earlier while I was on WIFI i was able to download apps and update them too but now whenever I download or try to update one,it just shows-PENDING and the app stays with this label in the "downloads" section of the "store". However I can use wifi to do all other things,namely-skype,whatsapp etc but only the downloads are giving me this headache. Someone please suggest a remedy.

a similar error was reported by someone already. i don't remember how that was resolved. try to search it. i will also try to find it.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey can anybody help.... Actually whenever I lock or unlock my phone... There is no locking or unlocking sound.... What's the problem...i an not able to figure it out... Can anybody help?

yes. i am missing those small sounds as well. no locking and unlocking sound. no notification for charger connected. now i feel them needed.

Viknesh S

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello Lumia users am a Lumia 720 user after updating the developer preview of Windows phone 8.1 my phone started lagging since before updating it was buttery smooth and even the live tiles guys black and loading in the start screen and there is lag when navigate from an app for example the internet explorer to the start screen I can see the start even stuttering is it problem for Lumia 720 uses since I've seen many other 720 users complaining about lag issue of the is please provide answers and will the official update firmware for 720 fix it? Thank you

shauntipson

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Bug with earphones when you use earphones and then unplug them phone still things I have them plugged in so no sound coming out of phone speaker
Work around
Plug in earphones turn of phone
Take earphones out then turn on phone

engrsyedzain

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I installed recently WP8.1 preview but I'm feeling some features has missed.
- One of the good feature which I'm missing when I want to update my status in Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn I was go to ME tile and type text, My all status had updated(currently one by one is update)
- Second when any friend was text me from facebook, I wasn't go to Facebook app, only go to Messaging tile and swipe from thread to messages here was all friends list was shown which was online and send text was directly(currently one option is available ?threads?)
Pls help
How can changed/revert my OS windowphone 8.1 to 8.0?? Or there is possibility Microsoft will be adding this features one again??
(Anybody can tell me how to ask question on WP-Central members and developers)
help me???

engrsyedzain

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Muessig,
I installed recently WP8.1 preview but I'm feeling some features has missed.
- One of the good feature which I'm missing when I want to update my status in Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn I was go to ME tile and type text, My all status had updated(currently one by one is update)
- Second when any friend was text me from facebook, I wasn't go to Facebook app, only go to Messaging tile and swipe from thread to messages here was all friends list was shown which was online and send text was directly(currently one option is available ?threads?)
Pls help
How can changed/revert my OS windowphone 8.1 to 8.0?? Or there is possibility Microsoft will be adding this features one again??
(Anybody can tell me how to ask question on WPCentral members and developers)
help me???
:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found the family room calendar doing strange things every so often? Sometimes a bunch of appointments will suddenly change times and dates. So far I haven't seen any pattern. Hopefully there is a similar workaround. It happens about every 3-5 weeks. I'm using WP 8.1 but my wife says it happened before I performed the upgrade. She is still using WP 8.0. The family room calendar is synched between the two Windows Phones, an XP desktop running Outlook 2007, and a Win 8.1 tablet running Outlook 2007.

Sent from my RM-915_apac_australia_new_zealand_214 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720