Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No phone backup after Dev Preview update?

I just received a notification in A&NC of my European 8X, that my phone wasn't backed up for over three weeks now. (Sadly missed to make a screenshot.) Can't remember when I did install the Dev Preview ATM ...

Tapping the notification took me directly to the backup section for apps and settings: There I read the same info and found the two switches already set to On.

Tapping the Backup Now button works at first, but then the process gets stuck at 96 % until it cancels and tells me that there's a problem and that I should try later. Also restarted the phone, which doesn't help.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or related?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if we should make a new thread "Developer Preview 8.1 update 1 Bugs and Defects Thread" just so we can keep track of any new or unresolved issues.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Still having the HTC 8XT issue with Wifi crashing when phone is locked and connected to a secure network. This was the only major OS issue I had prior to the update.
However, the Visual Voicemail app no longer crashes since the update. Not sure if it works or not, since it's not an active phone.

The Skizzle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Music app now shows artist on lock screen!

Edit: This only works for Xbox Music Pass music. Even if the app has updated to show the artist when playing music you've added yourself, the lock screen reverts back to your normal lock screen. At least it doesn't show the ugly grey screen with the artist name like in the Windows 8 Music & Video Hub.

Last edited:

xlbooyahlx

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Here's a real strange one. Opposite of what I've seen some others experience.
If I turn my data off, let my phone sleep, wake it up, absolutely no phone signal (can't make calls without a reboot). However, If I leave my data connection turned on, no problems sleeping and waking, nor does my data connection get wonky, everything works great. AT&T Lumia 1020 WP8.1 OS version 8.10.12359.845
Anyone else have this problem, and if so did you fix it, and how?!?

Looks like today's update fixed it ;)

tanseer720

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Hi,

Sorry i haven't read all the bugs reported... Sharing issues i have faced...
1. My lumia 720 hangs when i watch youtube in IE11 in portrait mode. Once the video is over, and when i come out of IE11 or that particular page, my pdone display would be like chess board. i have faced this every time i watch youtube in IE11. Not sure if the issue exists in landscape mode. I had to do a forced(soft) restart.
2.The call doesn't get discoonected when i press End call button. Again i did soft restart.
3. IE crashes particularly when i use gmail.
4. Flash comes even flash is turned off. Doesn't offer light though in the photos capture. But i don't understand why it falshes.
5.My phone has hanged many times when i do any actions very fast and some times when i leave it unattended in some app.

Thanks,
Tanseer

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Bug: Unable to change the background image or name of the Kid's Corner

Has anybody else noticed that after upgrading to WP8.1 that you can't change the name or background image on the Kid's Corner lock screen?

I had Kid's Corner set up when I was running WP8 on my Icon. I changed the title to say "Gabby's Corner" and changed the lock screen image to a picture of her. However, after upgrading to WP8.1 I did a hard reset and did not restore from a backup. When I tried set up Kid's Corner like I had it previously, I could not change the lock screen image, nor could I change the name to what I had previously.

Am I missing a setting, or did Microsoft change something and not realize it?

Update: I got it working again. Ultimately, I had to revert back to WP8.0 then reinstall WP8.1. I'm not sure where the bug is; whether it's WP8 bug that showed up in 8.1, or if somehow my 8.1 reinstall after a hard reset was corrupted. There were a couple of posts in the Microsoft forums about it dating back to 2012, so I tend think it was a WP8.0 bug that crops up every now and then.

fallback

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else hearing quick burst at the end of the songs being played before it switches to the next track? It's really getting annoying,i hope they fix this :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb