Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

hello everybody... I'm a lumia 520 user from India, i updated my phone to 8.1 developers preview. now i cannot find whatsapp in stores , pls help me. actually i'm using mobile for whatsapp purpose only. :( pls reply me

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Suppose your phone is password locked. You get a new mail. You swipe down the notification centre and tap on the new mail notification. Now, the password input pops up from the bottom. You can see the keys clearly, but the part where it shows the circles as you type in the password, well, that part gets hidden.

This does not affect the functionality, but gets a bit frustrating if you cannot enter the correct password in one go.

Am I the only one with this issue? If others have this issue, then, is MS aware of it? It has been there since I got 8.1.

I am on a Lumia 1320 with the WP8.1 with the newest update.

I have started a thread here with the screenshots:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...nlock-phone-tapping-unread-notifications.html

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

hello everybody... I'm a lumia 520 user from India, i updated my phone to 8.1 developers preview. now i cannot find whatsapp in stores , pls help me. actually i'm using mobile for whatsapp purpose only. :( pls reply me

WhatsApp has been removed from the store due to issues, it's a temporary move

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am fed up of rebooting again and again but the problem doesn't go away until I reboot the phone.

I'm having an issue with my Lumia 920 earphone/headset..

After 8.1 updation, whenever I plug my headphones, there's no sound coming from the right earphone. When I pull the jack, the sound comes from both sides.

Any ideas ?

I am also facing the same problem with my earphone, in my lumia 920. At least i dont have any major bug or problem

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Recently my phone's time has been resetting itself to the 2nd May 2014 @ 17.00. This is throwing everything of sync. A soft reset does not fix this. Anyone else experiencing this?

It is the soft reset that is doing it, you have to manually set the time after each soft reset.

Glaucest Saturnio

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 625 with the last update, restarts when trying to open ANY navigation app and almost every time when trying to open (facebook) Messenger. The apps are installed in the microSD and worked perfectly before the last updates. Any thoughts or solutions?
My apps and maps are NOT in microSD, they are i phone storage!

I have a TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

- Install "Lumia storage check beta":
Lumia storage check beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
- In the "APP LIST" go to "Lumia storage check>details>change" and change where your maps are stored.

My navigation apps came back to life, but the maps on the other storage still occupies its 300MB

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Nitesh!
I use a Class 10 Sandisk Ultra.
I also tried on another Class 6 card. Both return the same error.
Will this be an issue related to older firmware not yet ready to support a huge game?
Thanks for your input!

Anand

Sorry to say friend then i don't have any idea why are you facing this issue. I play v.few games that too only Popular ones like Minion Rush, Temple Run, etc. They all worked good for me (installed them on my Class 4 Transcend Memory card)...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Anand PH

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Nitesh! Games <1GB do not create any problems.
I installed Asphalt 7 Heat (750-800mb) on the Phone and moved it to SD card. No problems
I installed Angry Birds GO (550-800mb) directly onto the SD card. No Problems.

Issue is when i try to install 1+ GB games like Nova3, Modern Combat 4 or Asphalt 8 directly onto the SD card or try to move it to SD from phone.
Seems more like a firmware issue which "could" be addressed with the official release.
I am only guessing here as i do not have any technical knowledge with these:)

Thanks for your views!

raz0r24

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, first bug detected: While listening music, mobile freezes. I can't wake it up with lock/unlock button or double-tap function. Anyone experiencing this problem too?

Sent from my Lumia 620 using Tapatalk

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It is the soft reset that is doing it, you have to manually set the time after each soft reset.

I am also facing this issue. Didn't find a workaround solution for it yet. Only thing is I can check the time in whatsapp messages and can set the time according to that. The time shown for whatsapp messages is correct even after the soft reset.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why only specific apps? That's more the inquisitive part

Apps won't close upon using the back button anymore. You can only close them by swiping them down in the app switcher view. This is an intentionally change coming with Windows Phone 8.1. It only works for apps that have been updated for Windows Phone 8.1 already however.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos