Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

chabaco

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,
Something I noticed started happening after the first update for 8.1, when I'm over my data limit in data sense, I stop receiving any notifications ( whatsapp, facebook messenger....) even thought all these apps are set to be always allowed in battery sense, restrict background data is set to off in data sense.
The only solution I found is to increase my monthly data limit so my phone thinks I'm still in the limits.
This never happened before, is it happening to anybody else? Any suggestions?
Note: I already performed a soft reset and hard reset

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There is NO call duration on WP8.1!! you can't tell how long you have stayed on the phone.

You're wrong. ;) Go to your call history, tap and hold an entry and choose "details" from the context menu. There you have your call duration information.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,
Something I noticed started happening after the first update for 8.1, when I'm over my data limit in data sense, I stop receiving any notifications ( whatsapp, facebook messenger....) even thought all these apps are set to be always allowed in battery sense, restrict background data is set to off in data sense.
The only solution I found is to increase my monthly data limit so my phone thinks I'm still in the limits.
This never happened before, is it happening to anybody else? Any suggestions?
Note: I already performed a soft reset and hard reset

Yes,I posted this issue earlier in this thread.

davebolton

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I had an issue that was driving me crazy after I installed the Developer Preview. In that I could not purchase music in the XBox Music Store. I no longer have a music pass (Gave that up when it stopped being called Zune Music Pass). When I tried to purchase a song, I received a message that I "did not have a credit card on file." Well that is not right. Confirmed that I do. Then figured whatever, I will add it. Wrong, it would not let me, telling me that "The card you are adding is already in your account". Tried putting in a second one. Adding it back. Taking it out altogether and adding it through the Music app. Nothing. Contacted XBox support. They could not figure it out either.

Today I hard reset my phone and Voila! It now works. Hardest $1.29 I have ever spent! :)

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not being able to see Album Artist on the lock screen. Have enabled it. Made sure its enabled, still can't see... Anybody has a solution?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Since the update to the preview having alot of problems. Phone is very slow everything seems to take ages to load. Keep having random crashes. Location not working all the time. Keep losing Wi-Fi connection. Don't wanna do hard reset as I will loose WhatsApp.

Oliver Cakajda

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am Anand from India and i have installed 8.1 preview (8.10.12382.878) on my Lumia 1320.
My phone completely freezes when i try to install a 500+mb game directly onto the SD card and requires a soft reset.
I seem to face this problem even when transferring a similar game from the phone to SD card.
Has anyone faced this issue? Is there a solution to this or should we await the Official release?

Thanks!
Anand
i have the same problem, when i try move app or game to SD card, my Lumia 1320 freeze . . . also have problem, when copy files (most video files) on my SD card via USB, before complete copy i get error and cant copy . . .

derricklegge

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Ive come across a possibly new and extremely frusterating/handset breaking bug. I added a new class 10 sd card to my phone last night(nokia 520) and now my auto text suggestion dosnt work anymore (and this also renders swipe keyboard completly unusable) to add to that when it stops it also makes my keyboard freeze until i back out and re-enter the text box. I have been searching for other examples of this happening so i can try to fix it but with no luck. Is there any imformation on this i may have missed?.

Info: Auto suggestion crashes causing keyboard to go unresponsive.
Phone is under telus canada as a provider but is set up under united states (for cortana only)
Ive done soft reset for now until i can do a back-up for a hard reset

So far the only solutions i have come up with are turning suggestion off or typing obscure letters before you start typing but i would like a actual fix as i count on spellcheck for text in a rush. Any suggestions on what to do

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there something wrong with the Windows store? When i search the results are terribly way off. Before it wasn't like this.
I'm noticing the same issue and it seems to be getting worse. I searched nite clock and some racing game came up. Previously a very large selection of nite clocks would have come up. I searched several other apps and everytime either stuff totally unrelated or nothing at all would come up. The search function has become totally useless for me.
EDIT: Seems better today. Maybe it was just a store issue.

Last edited:

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem, when i try move app or game to SD card, my Lumia 1320 freeze . . . also have problem, when copy files (most video files) on my SD card via USB, before complete copy i get error and cant copy . . .
Also have problems with the SD card (64 GB, class 10). After a restart my 1520 shows the "can not read the SD card...". I have to format it! All data gone. My PC can read the card!!!

Shoubhik Banerjee

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I encountered and unusual problem with my Lumia 925 after the 8.1 preview update. At times one side of my earphone just goes blank, usually the right side. Seems like a glitch that fails to deliver the audio to the right channel.. Because all i need to do is a restart and it starts working fine again..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers