Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
i noticed that text messages are not ordered correctly.

New messages of this months are on top and older onces on the bottom, when i receive a new text message it is displayed under the last one of this months (currently 3th one from above).

Dunno if this is a bug or setting, i cannot find a setting for ordering my text message if it is...
Just check your time and date is set correctly. I've had this when I have restarted and forgot to reset the time and date.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
1. On my Lumia 820 there is a hiss between songs (latest Music app). Was worse in previous version, but can still be clearly heard.

2. Time not changed automatically although set (travelled from Germany to Tallinn, 1hr difference). Even after 3-4 hours the phone was still showing German time.

pointclouds

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly my screen brightness is set to high and cannot be set to auto and my touch buttons are not lighting up. Even after the latest update the issue cont. Soft reset doesn't work. (Lumia 920)

Any ideas?

Josip Zeljko

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
After a few hard resets and now two updates later my HTC 8S is still having problems loading heavy sites (for example phonearena). The page loads fine but after 30 seconds or so IE crashes. At least it's way better then it was when 8.1 was just released - back then it didn't even load some websites. I'm hoping that this is a firmware problem and that HTC will fix this.

Sampath Kumar2

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp, Nokia Camera, Skype, Nokia MixRadio - Many apps crashing after soft reset.
On opening, they just show the loading dots for an instant, and crash back to the previous screen.
Tries uninstalling - reinstalling those apps. Say problem during install.
Help!

Alex Crampton

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
2 bugs I have
1) My location icon will appear in the top bar. Even though its not on

2) When playing a video from a webpage. It asks to open or save. If I open it a play it, if I press the skip buttons it will make a noise like a clicking noise. Even though my phone is on silent , vibrate only.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Certain emails cause the email app to crash. Not sure what about these emails causes it, but the emails from one particular user of my companies email system when sent from his Android device causes the mail app to crash. Hard for me to isolate it, but I think it has something to do with the sig.

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I encountered and unusual problem with my Lumia 925 after the 8.1 preview update. At times one side of my earphone just goes blank, usually the right side. Seems like a glitch that fails to deliver the audio to the right channel.. Because all i need to do is a restart and it starts working fine again..

I get this issue quite often as well.

iratron

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
App duplications in app view.
Sometime after updating I have seen some tab duplications, not every time when I press back button to see the app view, but, in cases where say, high ram usage, I press back button and tap the screen in small intervals apps will duplicated although if taping the duplicated app it would return me to start screen. Any body else experiencing this?
Here are some screenshots.: http://1drv.ms/1jS5F6f

Hey brother,

I too am suffering from this issue. Have you been able to resolve it?

Tendlya

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
There may be another possibility that the buttons are short circuited because of moisture or water either on the phone or on the headset. Please check it once.
Hi andy0181,

Issue (1 & 2) seems to be you volume down button got stuck...check that..if your using a cover remove it and see..else remove the back panel and place it properly..if the issue still persists take it Nokia care and see to that volume down key is fixed...😊

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I paused Xbox Music from a Bluetooth headset. Powered down the headset. A while later, powered the headset back on and attempted to re-start music playing from the headset. The audio just stuttered for over a minute until I killed the connection.

Amos Mwangi

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My problem is that the i cant power off my 620. The power button wont respond appropriately...i have tried hard resetting and guess what, nothing has changed....am Hulk-like pissed off

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Patience. It may take a long time for the gears to disappear. If you reset it while it was running, it may take even longer the next time as it tries to tidy up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa