Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
And also my WiFi has downgraded a lot after the update....
You're right. When I had WP8, I could connect to almost all free WiFi hotpot in my town. Now, with WP8.1 DP I barely can connect to them.
I don't have problems either connecting with my home secured WiFi or with some popular free hotspots (McDonalds etc).

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
And also my WiFi has downgraded a lot after the update....
Well this problem was since updating into WP 8.1, not after this update....
It was working well with WP 8.0, but after updating, it takes hours to connect....
And sometimes, do not connects at all....
Even the reception has become very poor....
WiFi signal strength fluctuates a lot, even when I sit still at one place....
Really disappointing....
Waiting for an immediate fix.... :/

You're right. When I had WP8, I could connect to almost all free WiFi hotpot in my town. Now, with WP8.1 DP I barely can connect to them.
I don't have problems either connecting with my home secured WiFi or with some popular free hotspots (McDonalds etc).

disable the wifi sense.
its easy and smooth. it will definitely give u positive results.

Alempheius

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I've noticed this odd behaviour (L1020):

- Say I open Whatsapp, NextGen Reader, Facebook and Messenger.
- After the initial waiting for opening each app, I go back to the start creen using the home button.
- Now I reopen each of this apps from the main live tile: goes quite smoothly (except Messenger which is still a pain in the ***). So multitasking works well under this situation.

Problems arise when I:
- Lock my phone and leave it there for like 10 minutes.
- Unlock my phone
- Try to reopen one of those already opened apps. A "resuming" black screen appears that lasts longer than opening the app from scratch.

So multitasking seems to just not be there whenever you leave your pone rest a little. This happens virtually every time I try to do something on my phone during the day since I normally use it to answer and attend notifications and its annoying as hell. Instead of a consistent, instantaneous app switching a la Android/iPhone I get a laggy and sub-par experience. Have you people faced this as well and is there any way to get around it?

Soft/Hard Reset didn't Help. Reinstall didn't help either.

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Hallo, it seems i have problem with my notification bar but not know if it is wp 8.1 or wpcentral app... Everytime a notification comes from wpcentral phone crashes and gets stuck and doesn't open... After a while the lock button works again... Especially when i'm talking and a notification comes from wpcentral the screen opens/close like hell... if anyone can help me... i can disable them but i want the notifications...

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
disable the wifi sense.
its easy and smooth. it will definitely give u positive results.
I'll try. Thanks!

Already faced today twice with the bug below. This time, the phone was not connected to a charger or PC.
I still experience deep sleeps without the possibility to wake the phone with power button while changing.
These episodes happen only while charging (during the night) if the phone is not used.
Every time when that happened, the WiFi was ON and connected to my home network. Mobile data was on too.

Also, during these ?unresponsive deep sleep sesions?, the charging LED is always ON (although the phone is not responsible) and if I plug out the phone from charger, the LED is still on (and green, sign for ?battery is full?). That's means the phone is somehow blocked in an unresponsive state.

Long pressing the power buton (>10 sec) force-reboots the phone but the battery shows it is not fully charged at all (<90% most of times). I find this annoying.

I've heard that there are similar cases with Lumia phones. It is that true? Is this a hardware problem or an OS bug? It's quite hard to duplicate.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
The calendar appointments on the lockscreen don't update. I've tried soft resets a couple of times, but it didn't help. Anyone else facing this problem?

Yagna Teja Reddy

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Windows phone 8.1
Lumia 620 hanging on 10 minutes use of desktop version of youtube in internet explorer 11
Please look into this issue.

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
How to transfer pdf's in "documents" folder received from bluetooth?

I want to transfer large pdf's to the documents folder but after sending my pdf's from PC to phone, it is not in my documents folder but I can open it through adobe reader. Where do pdf's stored in internal memory?

I don't want tot use OneDrive because of bandwith/data cap
I don't want to use USB Cable because of "charge cycle".

Alex Crampton

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Two fresh issues ive found.

Hanging when I press the camera button. Opens the app - comes up with resuming for about a minute
If i switch on internet sharing via the notification hub, it doesn't switch on it just hangs on a blanked out. so i cant turn off or on. Phone restart required.

Lumia 1020

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Things I have found in the last few days...on my ICON...
-FM radio, will play for about 5 min, then stop playing, after pausing it and playing it, it will play again for another 5 min...
- If your using IE and use the Book feature (is this what it's called ?, I LOVE THIS FEATUE), If you are 1/2 way down the page reading and you change rotation (like up to side), it will go all the way to the top and you will lose your place.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys.,slightly off topic,but with the latest update to facebook messenger,are notifications working properly for you? Because for me,I have to keep opening the app everytime and then the new notifications pop up! It's not working properly in the background! Any of you facing the same issue?

junglescope

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Guys.,slightly off topic,but with the latest update to facebook messenger,are notifications working properly for you? Because for me,I have to keep opening the app everytime and then the new notifications pop up! It's not working properly in the background! Any of you facing the same issue?

I don't know the exact circumstances but I am not receiving around half of my notifications. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I was having this problem. Uninstall and reinstall FB messenger, it seems to sort the issue.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Cortana has been unresponsive. When I hold-press search it says she's listening but no words are being identified. It's almost as if she cant hear me, then it beeps and closes. Anyone experienced this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon