Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

stratever

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday i downloaded and installed this update. It worked fine, everything seemed to be okay, all of my apps was working fine. I didnt charge my phone(625), so battery got empty (not while updating). This morning i plugged in the charger and it stucked in a restart loop. I see the Nokia logo and it restarts. WP logo appeared once but it started to flash and restarted again. Fortunately, i could use Nokia Recovery Tool to recover my phone, so i got default wp8 again, and i'm disappointed. (sorry for my english)

Ahmadali Shafiee

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Cortana has been unresponsive. When I hold-press search it says she's listening but no words are being identified. It's almost as if she cant hear me, then it beeps and closes. Anyone experienced this?

It happens because of service down I suppose. Sometimes happens. Did this happen few minutes later?

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After the last update my l920 start to have a bad touchscreen issue. I don?t know why!! It happens last night and today. The OS is working and the side buttons is working too. I can vol up and down, c?mera, my phone bring me notifications and all...
I have to do a several soft reset to fix it everytime it happens.

Anyone knows how to fix it? Is there any update or firmware in sight? I really dont want to do a hard reset or roll back to wp8! :/

Thanks

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Same issue i am facing on my lumia 620. Many times my touch doesn't work everytime i have to reboot my phone.
Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having probs with their OneDrive taking too damn long bring pics up. I understand if you have a lot of them but I rarely take them but feels like a fortnight.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having probs with their OneDrive taking too damn long bring pics up. I understand if you have a lot of them but I rarely take them but feels like a fortnight.

I am too. I really don't like how it sorts my pictures in the picture hub too. When I open pictures and click OneDrive there are several folders. One called Recent, Saved, OneDrive Albums. I would rather recent wasn't there and that I would display my albums instead of multiple clicks just to see them.

Davide_sd

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
after the last update (2-3 days ago), i can't use my camera anymore.
let say i start my phone, open Nokia Camera (or any other camera apps): i'm able to shot 5-6 photos, then the accelerometers turn off, the camera app crash... no more camera app working (expect Microsoft camera app). Unfortunately even rebooting the phone, the accelerometer doesn't start and the camera doesn't work.
If i turn off the phone for some minutes (10-15 mins), when the phone is cooled down, the accelerometer is working again, and so my cameras app.
hope this will soon be fixed, i can't live without my camera.

killinghall

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
after the last update (2-3 days ago), i can't use my camera anymore.

let say i start my phone, open Nokia Camera (or any other camera apps): i'm able to shot 5-6 photos, then the accelerometers turn off, the camera app crash... no more camera app working (expect Microsoft camera app).

Nice to know someone else has camera issues as well.

My 1020 randomly fails to save images after which the camera cannot be launched unless a reboot is performed.

No other bugs AFAICS...

Mikko Mallikas

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 with latest 8.10.12393.890 is not detected on my Mac Windows Phone sync app. Tried to boot both Mac and phone without any change. Anyone else had similar problems?

magnussn

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Bug: Cannot sync Google account. The syncing never stops and I cannot remove the account since it is syncing. This occurred when I added another calendar to my Google Calendar, and my WP 8.1-phone would not sync it. Now all Google account services are non-functional.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Bug: Cannot sync Google account. The syncing never stops and I cannot remove the account since it is syncing. This occurred when I added another calendar to my Google Calendar, and my WP 8.1-phone would not sync it. Now all Google account services are non-functional.

Hard reset might sort this out for you

magnussn

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset might sort this out for you

I turned on flight mode to disable sync, then I remove the Google account and added it again. Everything works, except the new calendar that I added to my Google calendar (Football WC 2014 schedule). Also all calendars are mentioned twice in the list, however only the last entry of each double is working. It still shows old calendars that I have removed through the browser.
Edit: I just subscribe to that calendar, and it works in my browser but not on the phone. The phone does not recognize the calendar....

Last edited:

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Similar with my Lumia 620. Changed network provider and although nearest mast is just two streets away signal is now very weak and often drops completely.

Francesco Savoini

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if it's wp8.1 related but..
Metrotube got updated last week, and i've tried to update, but it gave me an error. Today i uninstalled the app, and tried to install it from scratch, the result is error 80004005
anyone experienced this before?

Vitor Ferreira

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After the last update my l920 start to have a bad touchscreen issue. I don?t know why!! It happens last night and today. The OS is working and the side buttons is working too. I can vol up and down, c?mera, my phone bring me notifications and all...
I have to do a several soft reset to fix it everytime it happens.

Anyone knows how to fix it? Is there any update or firmware in sight? I really dont want to do a hard reset or roll back to wp8! :/

Thanks

Same issue i am facing on my lumia 620. Many times my touch doesn't work everytime i have to reboot my phone.
Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

I found something: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/286051-lumia-1520-irresponsive-screen.html

Soft reset wont work for me alone. When I put my hand on sensor to block it while the phone was reseting It Works!! I think is some problem with the last 8.1 update (not cyam firmware yet). Maybe turn off glance and double tap (or uninstall it) would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo