Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Problem with Backup
Changed phone network supplier recently and waiting for old phone number to port over to new Sim. Meanwhile attempts to Backup to the cloud via WiFi now fail with a "We are having problems with your backup....." Anyone know if this is this yet another WP8.1 bug or to do with the phone number changeover?

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Eh, my HTC 8S has a seriously messed up screen since the last update... It randomly cuts off the right edge of my screen and transfers it to the left, like the display drivers have gone wonky...

Darklioness

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 after update to 8.1 and WhatsApp update won't send pics clearly to friends even though its clear in my cell. Now I lost my lock n unlock sound and keypad sound. Pls help

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Manual backup fails with "There was a problem..." Message. Diagnostic submitted to ms. No solutions offered yet. Phone is Lumia 620 8.1 latest update.

Blop1234

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Update: I managed to fix the issue.

I gave the phone some thumps and then rigrously pressed the power on/off button many times. This sort of worked. Probably the phone's power key was stuck or some dust particle was creating some obstruction. Hope it helps others, before they factory reset the phone.

Note: The soft reset didn't work.

=========
Hello Experts

I was :crying: on latest Dev update on HTC 8.1, Windows 8.1, update 2. Since 2 days my phone is completely bricked and won't start anymore. It keeps on endlessly restarting in the following sequence:
1. Showing HTC startup screem
2. Making a vibration
3. Die with a black screen
4. Goto step 1, until battery drains out

I haven't tried hard reboot, because I have some pictures, that I took a day before the phone crashed. Since I know the password, SIM pin, etc., would it be possible somehow to get the photos from the phone memory, before I perform a hard reset?

your expert replies would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Last edited:

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Bug? or Error

I Listen to my Mixradio in a Bus when it pass nearby convenient store. my phone remember the wireless network. since it encrypted via gateway (mikrotik or Cisco I don't know) the phone send me notif about that network.

somehow my upper and bottom screen become unresponsive. so I couldn't pull notif center or mix radio setting ( 3 Dot on bottom) and all Physical Button No Longer Response any command. the start/back and search button also no response anything I do but the middle screen still response
the song no longer be played. it shows that it load the song but takes forever. the screen not lock itself. so the only way to reboot is hold power button for 10 second

my device is Nokia Lumia 625 with 8.1 xxx.890 Developer Unlocked Device (Ready for Deploy Developer app)

ty_rex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Something I found (couldn't find any other reference to this on Google)...

In IE11, if your website uses the application cache (manifest files) to work offline, everything works fine until you go into flight mode/lose signal. Whilst offline, if you fire up the browser and access your site, it loads as expected from the cache.

However if you subsequently hit refresh, the page returns a 'cannot be loaded' error, and from that point the site remains inaccessible until you go back online.

No other browser has a problem with this and you can refresh as much as you like when no signal is present.

I have the latest preview on my 1020.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Still having weird pseudo lookups every couple days on my 810. The latest was within Mail, it said "Syncing" at the top, with the marching ellipses. The 3 capacitive buttons wouldn't function, but I *could* swipe between mail views (all, unread, etc.). Had to soft reset to get control back. Very strange.

Last edited:

SharkLaserz

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So my HTC 8X got this while updating to the newest 8.1 version...

20140612_230936.jpg

Was stuck on 0% for an hour, then I decided to do a reboot. Update installing now... installed
Weird, never seen any error screens like that.
And why does it call my phone a PC??

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 after update to 8.1 and WhatsApp update won't send pics clearly to friends even though its clear in my cell. Now I lost my lock n unlock sound and keypad sound. Pls help

My lock/unlock sounds disappeared as well. Before that happened I enabled Cortana (default region is Ireland) and turned on quiet hours. The battery was down in the morning and I switched back to Ireland region. After some tweaking, the sound didn't appear back.
P.S. 1520
P.P.S. Alright, somehow I managed to bring it back. I turned Cortana on, turned automatic quiet hours on, and reverted the changes.

Last edited:

Manojkumar_25

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeap after restarting my phone everything started working fine...but received a notification saying this version of Os is not supported..some features won't be working...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte