Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So my HTC 8X got this while updating to the newest 8.1 version...

View attachment 69031

Was stuck on 0% for an hour, then I decided to do a reboot. Update installing now... installed
Weird, never seen any error screens like that.
And why does it call my phone a PC??

Sorry for your issues but, cool a blue screen of death screen shot on Windows phone.... :)

I'm a Windows Systems admin...Trust me, I know bluescreens but, never saw a Windows Phone one...

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
So to summarise nearly 100 pages:
WiFi - broken, won't connect to known-good hotspots.
Personal hotspot - broken. doesn't work.
Xbox Music - barely usable. Too many issues to list.
Random reboots - new feature.
Overheating - new feature.
Crazy battery drain - new feature.
Cortana - region-specific. So unknown for anyone outside the US really.
Quiet hours - removed unless you get Cortana.
Headset - some issues.
App issues - lots of folk installed the Dev Preview and are confused between app and OS "bugs". Even the first page of this thread lists "bugs" that aren't really.
Backups - broken.

DJWhiteSquall

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my phone and have gone thru a ton of pages on this thread, so please forgive me if this dead horse has already been beaten....

Since the update, all my Twitter accounts were unlinked from their Outlook counterparts and vanished from my 1020. I can still see them linked in the Windows 8.1 People hub. The accounts that weren't linked aren't missing. However, if I link them via Windows 8, they leave my phone. If I link them on the phone, they stay.

And here's the kicker. I unlimked then unfollowed several twitter profiles. Waited a day, then re-followed them. The accounts that had vanished earlier are still missing!! Yet again, they are on my Windows 8.1 People hub.

(and because it should be the first thing most of you think of, yes, I double checked I wasn't filtering my contacts or hiding those without phone numbers.)

leops1984

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Odd bug that (I think) was only introduced with the last update. Some system sounds (such as lock/unlock sounds, charging sounds) no longer seem to work. Anyone else see this? (I have a Lumia 920.)

Sp12er

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing Headset issue? My NL920 has its right side headset issues after some use (sound not coming out at all), after receiving calls(random, not always) the problem is solved after rebooting, but it's really annoying.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
These problems i get are worse than i had on android. Phone just freezes, touch don't work, buttons dont work, cant lock it, change sound or anything and then unfreezes after a minute doing all the actions i tried. It really makes me mad and i hope it will be fixed by 8.1 official release or firmware release by Samsung. I have ATIV S.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

There seems to be an issue with the Bluetooth and hands-free to my 2010 Infiniti - Back in the day my Samsung focus used to work with this flawlessly, but ever since i've gone with Nokia it's actually taken a step back

the issues

Voice recognition is absolutely appalling - works great when not on Bluetooth

There is about a 3-4 second delay whenever the phone establishes a connection to the car to allow me to speak - which means that often times the voice command times out

I noticed today is that if I click on the microphone button on the text to speak in a reply, there is the usual 3-4 second delay - i speak my message and i see the equalizer on the phone detecting speech, but when it disconnects, the text does not show up in the message

confirmed this last one is an issue with the phone, as it behaves the same way when paired with my jambox

When I am not using Bluetooth, then i am able to dictate into the text message

how do I report this as a formal bug to Microsoft? - it's definitely busted

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
These apparently shoot downs of my 8X (in fact the phone doesn't wake up if I press the power button) drive me f***ing crazy. Today I've missed 2 calls and received a sms only after a reboot. In fact, after reboots, I could call somebody but that one could not be able to hear me at all.

I'm envious on Nokia user who can simply reinstall WP8 with NSU.

Come on Microsoft, give us the stable update faster.

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
These problems i get are worse than i had on android. Phone just freezes, touch don't work, buttons dont work, cant lock it, change sound or anything and then unfreezes after a minute doing all the actions i tried. It really makes me mad and i hope it will be fixed by 8.1 official release or firmware release by Samsung. I have ATIV S.

I don't have any of those problems in my Ativ S. Have you tried a hard reset?

prasanthben

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Games hub feels buggy not smooth as WP8, always getting error with it,
The facebook app also is not good as before
In action center mobile data icon needed
Music app always resumes while I came back from others
Some weird sounds coming out while playing music or videos , if I was seeking a video that sound came even I was reduced the media+apps volume to zero
Otherwise my phone feels great to operate ,thanks...
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire