May 30, 2014
Visit site
Really? Oh god, we should wait for firmware update I guess :(
This is my experience with 8X. My steps are the same:
  • install an update
  • hard reset
  • I never restore backups
  • reinstall all my usual apps
Most of times, the problems occurs only after few day of usage, but the same usage as usual. Perhaps there is a degradation...
About the triggers...I cannot isolate them exactly.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
This is my experience with 8X. My steps are the same:
  • install an update
  • hard reset
  • I never restore backups
  • reinstall all my usual apps
Most of times, the problems occurs only after few day of usage, but the same usage as usual. Perhaps there is a degradation...
About the triggers...I cannot isolate them exactly.

It started to happen after second update to 8.1 for me...

Cravot

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
sometimes when I turn on the Phone, I can't open any app on the startscreen and applist. The action center doen't drop down and can't unnlock the Phone. I have to wait when the screen times out and then turn it off. I have seen it on 3 phones running 8.1 including a 630.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with photo's synching to One Drive that have been taken while the phone is in airplane mode?

I thought it was a fluke before; I lost a awesome photo taken outside of an airplane window during sunset. After doing a hard reset and noticed that photo wasn't synched on my One Drive.

I just came back from Phoenix last week and took some more photos while in the plane (phone was in Airplane mode) and they haven't not synched to my One Drive.

Last edited:

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
On a Verizon 822, pressing the "heart" charm from a OneDrive folder in the photo album viewer will save the photo to "Saved Pictures" but doesn't seem to actually toggle the "Favorite" status, as I'd expect it to. This may be intermittent, as I think it might be working maybe 20% of the time.

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Bugs galore on mine. How about yours?!

Does anyone has a bug that when swiping in the phone app from the call history to the speed dial, they merge for a sec and then separate? Or how about when having a white theme and when tapping search in the Store the black theme pops up for a sec and then turns to white? Or how about blank transparent tiles on the Start Screen, for crying out loud?! I know this is a Preview, but there's been three updates!!! Please share similar experiences 😎.

GotWork

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, Lumina 820, latest 8.1 developer build (don't know how to check version)

I'm getting error message from all default apps (mail, sms, photo, calendar) when trying to retrieve/send/delete photos/create new calendar entry complaining about the disk space available. Example when saving a calendar entry:

"We've encountered a problem. There's not enough space to save this calendar item. You can free up some space by deleting pictures, videos or music. and then try again"

I have inbuilt storage/SD card at 2.15GB and 3.5GB free respectively. I can delete and do things as normal in other applications (e.g. whatsapp, files, etc).If anyone has a fix or some way to note the error with MS please let me know.

Cheers!

NijeZauzetoIme

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Today my Ativ S got me really pissed off.. Put sd card totally unawailable, none of the apps I had on it can't start! Also the card got unusable, and I don't have a backup of those apps (mostly games with lot of time spent upgrading) lost about 6 gb that was stored on my 32gb class 10 card. WTF M$?! Why is the simplest thing as comunicating with sd card so fu.kin hard, and buggy?!! 😒

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Today my Ativ S got me really pissed off.. Put sd card totally unawailable, none of the apps I had on it can't start! Also the card got unusable, and I don't have a backup of those apps (mostly games with lot of time spent upgrading) lost about 6 gb that was stored on my 32gb class 10 card. WTF M$?! Why is the simplest thing as comunicating with sd card so fu.kin hard, and buggy?!! ��

Class 10 doesn't say much about the quality of the sd card. Could it be, that the one you used was some cheap brand thing? I'm using a SanDisk class 10 UHS 64GB card in my Lumia 1520 and haven't had a single issue with it so far. I seriously doubt MS is to blame for your issue.

Asharon Baltazar

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
When swiping to speed dial in Phone app, the call history merges for a sec and then separates. Or if you have a white theme and while opening Search in the Store, you can see the black theme keyboard pop up for a second and then turn to white... 😞. Why is this happening after 3 updates?!

andrei_1998

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
When the phone is usb connected to a computer or TV, it becomes damb laggy, can't do almost anything on it, if I try to close apps trough swype I can't, lucky with the X.
And another one: The project screen setting is useless, I have a plasma TV and a Smart TV and not working on both of them.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
OK, apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned, I can't possibly go through 2,321 posts to see if it's out there.

I have a Lumia 928 with the dev preview installed, and have been experiencing this issue ever since the 2nd update. Was hoping the 3rd update would solve it but it did not. I don't know if it's a bug, per se, or a new feature (heh heh).

Anyway, when I wake up in the morning, I grab my phone and wake it to my start screen. Trouble is, I can't do anything with it from there for literally anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. It "thinks" for that long.

I can bring up various apps (i.e. WPC, Facebook beta, or bing news, as examples), and they sit there loading and loading and loading for an eternity. I can go back to the start screen and just have to wait. the time on the clock hub isn't up to date either. This morning it sat at 7:30 for, like I said, a good 10 minutes before it finally updated.

It feels like when you turn on your computer in the morning and it takes several minutes to boot up, hence my crack about it being a new "feature."

Prior to the 2nd 8.1 update, this was never an issue. Soon as I "woke" my phone in the morning it was good to go, with only the normal few seconds for a given app to update. Now it seems like the entire system is booting...

Anyone else experience this? I have to say it's really pretty annoying...

Thanks for listening!

BeatSync

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Probably been said but anyways.

No signal from 6 pm to 1 am. Text was sent to my phone at 7 pm. Text came through at 1 am when I regained service, quiet hours was now enabled for overnight. It texted that person back at 1 am telling them I was busy and woke them up (Guess the should have had a windows phone :p). Text still showed correct time stamp for 7 pm but cortana or the OS recognized it coming in for 1 am when it really should have been 7 pm. No point in texting the person several hours later to tell them I'm busy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss