Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I click a tweet on Twitter which has a embedded picture it takes a very long time to load the pic, it isn't my connection as I get steady 20MB/S. Also I never noticed this before 8.1.

Anyone else with this issue?

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Help! My personal videos will not share on FB or Messenger. They will not play on my Windows 8 laptop. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???? What happened. When I search for the file extension pro.mp4 I get info about GoPro. I looked at my setting to see if I hit something that changed how I take video. I didn't see anything.

abhishyam2007

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay, today I was watching a YouTube video, in landscape mode. When it ended, I pressed the back button, which didn't respond. I opened the notification center and put my phone in portrait and locked screen rotation. On going back to browser, I got a strange screen.
It's not exactly as the attachment looks. There were stripes of the colour red plus grey, green plus grey, and blue plus grey on the screen, each about as wide as a thumb.
I had to do a soft reset.
Lumia 820.
Sent from my Lumia 820 RM-826_im_india_201 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140628_0022.png
    wp_ss_20140628_0022.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 34

Phil Riddiford-Bell

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got a 1020 a couple of days ago and it came with Windows 8.0.......... So finally just got to somewhere with wifi so I could update it to 8.1...... And it appears to have killed the phone! Reset once and was fine, when it came to the second reset after turning off the screen had the Nokia logo for a while and now it's gone blank and won't turn on. The start button doesn't even flash when it's charging! Any suggestions anyone?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I had problems with my Lumia 520,similar to everyone here. 10 days ago i hard reset my phone but without backing up of previous back up. I then install what i want from scratch and my phone is literally flying now. I am using viber,whatsapp,messenger...a lot and everything is smooth and looks awesome... I have Wp 8.1,dev prev,fully updated :)

I have being recommending that to people since the start of 8.1

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the note. I must have been wrong - I thought this was a thread to post bugs and defects. I will be more careful in posting in the future.

You wouldn't believe it (certainly not a seasoned dev), given the tone/structure of many -not all- posts.
There's truly useful bug-tracking systems & then there's this, anyhoo I digress, what can you do, carry-on.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just got a 1020 a couple of days ago and it came with Windows 8.0.......... So finally just got to somewhere with wifi so I could update it to 8.1...... And it appears to have killed the phone! Reset once and was fine, when it came to the second reset after turning off the screen had the Nokia logo for a while and now it's gone blank and won't turn on. The start button doesn't even flash when it's charging! Any suggestions anyone?

Start a sep. thread or read the dozens on the subject (often with users with the same/similar issue & how they resolved), this thread's purely for reporting bugs once you're in the operating env.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wallet and PIN won't work after install. Can't buy any apps from the store.

Lock screen notifications are chosen for Glace display but no notifications are shown on Glance.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

jcelliott4

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Since updating to 8.1, I have had issues searching for contacts in the People app. Initially, the search feature would find results in all of my accounts accept for Exchange Active Sync. After the last update, it won't find any. I have changed filters out, resynced with accounts, and added and deleted accounts. This is my work phone, so I used the People Search a lot. I have tried a few other contact management/search apps and they are getting me by, but I prefer the native People app. I have seen a few others out there with the issue, but no answers. If it was already posted here, I couldn't find it. Thanks!

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wallet and PIN won't work after install. Can't buy any apps from the store.

Lock screen notifications are chosen for Glace display but no notifications are shown on Glance.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

No lock screen notifications with Glance are in the original list - sorry I miss that. Wallet and PIN issue were solved with a hard reset.

Emoke Palocz

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Can not add event to calendar: touching the "+" sign kicks me out of app, back to the start screen. (Days ago it worked, I did not update my sw since). Also kicks me out when I want to edit an event (when touching the "pen" sign). /Lumia 630, WP8.1

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Can not add event to calendar: touching the "+" sign kicks me out of app, back to the start screen. (Days ago it worked, I did not update my sw since). Also kicks me out when I want to edit an event (when touching the "pen" sign). /Lumia 630, WP8.1

It's because of yesterday's update. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234